ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic KC Recruiting article (Footnotes added)

jamina5

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
I wanted to share some of these quotes with the board. Some good quotes on Nebraska and Rhule regarding Kansas City High School recruiting.

See below for quotes from KC High School Coaches:

What other programs stand out for how they recruit the area?​

Coach 1: If you get in that 500 or so mile radius, Nebraska has come back strong with (Matt) Rhule in our area and (linebackers coach Rob) Dvoracek and (E.J.) Barthel, the running back coach.

Coach 6: I’d love to give a ton of credit to coach Rhule’s Nebraska staff. They’ve just done a fantastic job, and it’s a change. In the past, they’ve kind of paid lip service to recruiting (the area), and they’ve been very thorough and very genuine in recruiting recently.

Coach 8: Nebraska does a good job of kind of getting out there.

Who is the best recruiting head coach you’ve dealt with?​

Coach 1: There’s something about Matt Rhule. His relatability, his genuineness. He seems like a guy that when you talk to him, he’s really listening and cares what you’re saying to him. Not that the others don’t. But there’s more of that with him. I’ve just been really impressed with him. And I can see why he has done what he’s done at the college level and what he’s about to do at Nebraska.

Coach 6: Coach Rhule was very accommodating and an open book when he came in and just seemed very honest and real.

(Kleinman from K-State got mentioned by almost every coach in this section)

Which assistant coaches stand out for how they recruit?​

Coach 1: And like I said, Nebraska with Dvoracek and Matt Rhule.

Coach 4: Coach Dvoracek up at Nebraska. He’s outstanding. He’s the linebackers guy and does our recruiting area here. He still comes down and checks in, even if we don’t have players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.