ADVERTISEMENT

Assistants Salary Pool Question

dand84

Blackshirt
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if consultants and the like also come out of the salary pool? It is 33% larger than the last pool. While I like a lot of the new coaches that seem to be young, hungry and recruiters, I question where the money is going. You would think they would be cheaper than more seasoned coaches. Maybe that is just the cost of doing business now?

Does anyone know if consultants and the like also come out of the salary pool? It is 33% larger than the last pool. While I like a lot of the new coaches that seem to be young, hungry and recruiters, I question where the money is going. You would think they would be cheaper than more seasoned coaches. Maybe that is just the cost of doing business now?

The $7 million is just for the 10 assistant coaches. @Harry Caray has been bitching a lot about the hires, I have asked him twice to name his coaches and how much he would pay each. If you think about it, you may have to pay your Coordinators as much as $1.2 million each. I’ve heard some say we may have to pay Jake Peetz $1 million, so there you’ve already used $3.4 million for 3 coaches. That leaves you $3.6 million for the other 7 coaches, how you going to divide that up and how much is your Special teams coordinator worth? If you divide that $3.6 evenly amongst the remaining 7 that’s roughly $515,000 each.

Here is the current assistant Coaches salaries:

Satterfield O/C $1,000,000
White D/C $1,000,000
Knighton DL $400,000
Cooper Secondary $550,000
Barthel RB $325,000
LB ?
Raiola OL $325,,000
WR ?
Foley ST coord $600,000
QB ?

Gross = $4,200,000
Budget= $7,000,000

Remaining= 2,800,000

White D/C $1,000,000
Knighton DL $400,000
Barthel RB $325,000
LB ?
Raiola OL $325,,000
WR ?
Foley ST coord $600,000
QB ?

Gross = $4,200,000
Budget= $7,000,000

Remaining= 2,800,000

Where did you see those? Surprised Pot Roast would command a higher salary than Barthel.

Reactions: leodisflowers
IF Peetz comes on board I'd expect him and the coordinators to be very well paid. And we don't know who the remaining two positions are going to be.

White D/C $1,000,000
Knighton DL $400,000
Barthel RB $325,000
LB ?
Raiola OL $325,,000
WR ?
Foley ST coord $600,000
QB ?

Gross = $4,200,000
Budget= $7,000,000

Remaining= 2,800,000
Peetz, if he's still coming, would eat up a big chunk. But I do wonder if he's still in the plan.

You guys spend a lot of time worrying about other people's money. Worry about the results on the field.

It's only when we're losing that I complain "we're paying good money for this s***?"

You do understand you don’t have to read every post? And if you think something is irrelevant or unimportant or uninteresting you don’t have to read it let alone respond to it.

Love it when people say this thread is stupid. Well if you went into it with that mindset and you still read it; what’s that saying about you? 🤷‍♂️

Some of us work in finance so the topic is very interesting. Also very relevant to the level of output to what Rhule expects

Last edited:
Does $1MM seem like a lot for a QB coach? What was cigar boy making?
What ever he was making it was the biggest amount of money wasted for doing actually nothing on game day and giving them a test the size of a bible..

White D/C $1,000,000
Knighton DL $400,000
Barthel RB $325,000
LB ?
Raiola OL $325,,000
WR ?
Foley ST coord $600,000
QB ?

Gross = $4,200,000
Budget= $7,000,000

Remaining= 2,800,000
I think I read somewhere that the S&C guy comes out of that pool as well. Can't find it now. Seems like reasonable costs so far.

Reactions: leodisflowers
You guys spend a lot of time worrying about other people's money. Worry about the results on the field.

It's only when we're losing that I complain "we're paying good money for this s***?"
I’m not worried about the money, I’m worried about what the money represents. O line has been our biggest problem for 8 years. Our O line coach is one of the lowest paid. Would rather have an absolute beast of a coach we have to continually pay more to keep him here because our oline is so dominant.

Reactions: dand84

I’m not worried about money. I’m interested in value and risk. We have a pool at the same level as top tier teams now. That means we evaluate these hires against the Michigans, tOSU and others of this world and not the Iowas and Minnesotas.

MR has went young and hungry and great recruiters. I’m interested in how well that will pay off as opposed to getting more established guys and how we will compare to top tier staffs.

ADVERTISEMENT