ADVERTISEMENT

Assault Rifles. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this looks true as we nearly lead the world in non-gun related homicides as well

As Americans it looks like collectively we can't control ourselves with guns or other forms of weapons
Free speech and the pursuit of y

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I watched a documentary about how those statistics were gathered and they are not correct. The method used to gather the data was bogus.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
why haven't non-gun related deaths skyrocketed in those countries that have banned guns?
We lead the world in non-gun related deaths as well

How much do you really think our homicide rate would really drop? We’re a violent country..

Great responses. My next question would be if I can have an AR, why can’t I get an RPG or C4? or something full auto. If I need an AR to hunt, wouldn’t full auto be better for those that can’t hit shit? If an AR is fun (which they are) wouldn’t an RPG or M2 be more fun?

Thoughts?

I will go back to my earlier point.

I can go to a car dealer and buy a car that will hit 180. I cant buy a rocket car that will set a record at bonneville.

Its not about need, its about want. If I work for it and i want it, its no ones damn business but my own so long as I use it for legal purposes.

Huge difference between a 5.56 round and C4 or an rpg. Lets stay somewhat grounded here.

I had a good friend killed by a drunk driver. Didnt make me want to ban cars and booze.

The thing about these threads is that gun grabbers will never change their minds. And I damn sure wont change mine.

Just for conversation, what is the purpose of owning an AR?
Same purpose as my assault car I described above. It’s a blast to drive now and then. Not comfortable enough to drive daily or take on long trips, but looks cool and is a great conversation object. Sometimes after a stressful day, it’s a blast to take the cover off and go out on the open road and go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerfan2112
2010_homicide_rates_-_gun_versus_non-gun_-_high-income_countries.png
So many desirable places to move to...

We dominate the world in gun related deaths including the shooting of children, mass shootings, school shootings, gun related suicides, accidental gun related deaths, etc, etc

For the life of me I can't understand why these politicians want to legislate away world dominance in this all important category.
Politicians have made marijuana illegal. Illegal to buy, use, or possess. Yet somehow, a few people on our Husker team found a way to get a hold of some. How could this happen?

Care to give us the numbers for countries to the south?
So many desirable places to move to...
Interestingly they don't put any of our neighbors to the south in those statistics. I seem to recall thousands of people getting hacked to death by machetes in Rwanda a few years back. Where's Rwanda in the list. Taking guns away from people will only make them resort to other means to carry out their fantasies. Any kid worth his salt can figure out how to make pipe bombs.

Reactions: barney44
I watched a documentary about how those statistics were gathered and they are not correct. The method used to gather the data was bogus.

Wondered where the source was posted on that page... CNN? ;) VERY tiny print? Color me a skeptic...

Sad... can’t trust media. Tired of reading some reporter’s opinion. Started w analysis of politicals speeches on TV years ago and has grown to fill their 24/7 news.

I ‘waste’ so much time reading EVERYTHING to get a glimmer of the truth. Found myself down a rabbit hole reading about the Kardashians, dang it!

You do know that in most places clean drinking water and electricity is managed and provided by the government. If the government was tyrannical they would just shutdown the waste water and electrical plants. I understand the desire to be armed against a police force or government you may not trust but our nation is way more socialized than you think...a few people live on open land with a water source and solar panels or generators but a vast majority of people live in urban centers that are 1000x more populated than the revolutionary war period. No amount of guns is going to make sure that turbine 25 miles from you is spinning or that river or aquifer 25 miles away is providing you water. I can tell you there was no more armed period in history than the 1930s following world war I and the decadence of the 20s, and dictators still rose to power in many places. 1 million AR15s are sold in this country every year. What makes you so sure that those millions won't be used to take away your freedom? That many guns pretty much guarantees that paramilitary organizations will arise, each with their agendas, and the baseline of society such as free education, assembly, and a free flowing economy will be in jeopardy. I find it interesting that the continent with the history of the most violence, and the most history with armed insurrection, revolution, and world war is also the one with the strictest gun laws today. Like maybe they learned something from the paramilitary organizations storming Berlin, Rome, St. Petersburg, and Moscow.

And?

Some of these posts are almost incredible in their stupidity combined with ornate mental acrobatics.

Personally, I don’t care about guns. Whether you have one or not, love them/hate them, I don’t mind either way. I enjoy shooting them, but I don’t own any. But let’s not forget the sole function of a gun is to kill. I’ve seen the argument of “well a car goes 180mph, should we ban cars??” That argument is an incorrect comparison, as a car is a mode of transportation, and it’s function isn’t meant to kill things.

Just know that for every right you have to have guns and to shoot them off at cans and animals, it’s the same right for a crazy person to use that same gun and shoot up a country music festival. If you want to use an AR to shoot a deer from high up in a tree instead of going after it with a knife like a man, then so be it. Let it be clear though that a gun’s sole function is to kill.

you know what?? ... your right ... if you can't stomach a school getting shot up or other mass shootings occurring on the reg then you clearly aren't American and can get the hell out

So you’re back to arguing rare occurrence shootings in America? Our numbers certainly aren’t high because of school shootings. Want to stop school shootings? Arm the damn school and that problem disappears. We’re willing to use armed guards for our money but not our children?

So you’re back to arguing rare occurrence shootings in America? Our numbers certainly aren’t high because of school shootings. Want to stop school shootings? Arm the damn school and that problem disappears. We’re willing to use armed guards for our money but not our children?

That idea is perverse as ****. Sure, turn schools into places that need armed guards. THAT makes sense.

That idea is perverse as ****. Sure, turn schools into places that need armed guards. THAT makes sense.

If all gun and ammunition sales were made illegal in the United States tonight, do you think this generation would stop shooting up their classmates?

If all gun and ammunition sales were made illegal in the United States tonight, do you think this generation would stop shooting up their classmates?

No, but do you think that would go a long way towards solving the problem of frequent mass shootings at some point in the future?

And I am not advocating for that, by the way, I'm just asking a question in return.

No, but do you think that would go a long way towards solving the problem of frequent mass shootings at some point in the future?

And I am not advocating for that, by the way, I'm just asking a question in return.
What are you advocating?

It is interesting that we live in a country that is so unsafe that we must walk around armed..

Just know that for every right you have to have guns and to shoot them off at cans and animals, it’s the same right for a crazy person to use that same gun and shoot up a country music festival.
We have the right to shoot up country music festivals with guns?

My opinion is that it would not. But it's my opinion only.

Given today's reality, I'm very glad that our school district has armed sheriffs in the schools full time during school hours. I believe that is one very common sense measure to take among many others, given the fact that kids seem to be increasingly likely to attempt to send large numbers of their classmates home in body bags.

Last edited:
Yup, they're both dumb. BUT one is worse than the other.
True, Fox has become complete brain fluff. I read both, plus about 5 other news feeds and between all of them you can get one or two useful nuggets...

Reactions: HuskerO
My opinion is that it would not. But it's my opinion only.

Given today's reality, I'm very glad that our school district has armed sheriffs in the schools full time during school hours. I believe that is one very common sense measure to take among many others, given the fact that kids seem to be increasingly likely to attempt to send large numbers of their classmates home in body bags.

That is very wrong. That absolutely does not work.

Case 1: Parkland. The armed police officer fled and hid.

Case 2: The garlic festival: Police actually responded and killed the shooter within 1 minute of him opening fire. He still killed three people. In ONE minute.

I could go on. That idea is a dipshit, ****ing crazy NRA talking point and it needs to be destroyed. Now, I am understanding of the idea that sportsmen and women wants guns for target practice, competition, heritage, and for hunting. I think reasonable accommodations can be made for that kind of thing. What needs to be eliminated from the dialogue is the notion that "controls" are "more guns." No, they aren't. Controls need to be restrictions on guns.

Start with universal background checks. Start with a national database of gun owners. Start by a federal buyback program on certain categories of weapons. Start by restricting access to guns. Start by suing the living ****ing shit out of gun manufacturers. Oh, and start by dismantling the current version of the NRA and turning it back into a sportsman's organization with almost zero political agenda other than a mild interest in protecting the rights of gun owners and enthusiasts in certain categories of activities, like hunting, which is what it was for years.

After these things happen, I would imagine our statistics will start to become a little less crazy, and law-abiding gun owners would notice almost nothing different in their gun-owning lives.

Case 2: The garlic festival: Police actually responded and killed the shooter within 1 minute of him opening fire. He still killed three people. In ONE minute.

I could go on. That idea is a dipshit, ****ing crazy NRA talking point and it needs to be destroyed. Now, I am understanding of the idea that sportsmen and women wants guns for target practice, competition, heritage, and for hunting. I think reasonable accommodations can be made for that kind of thing. What needs to be eliminated from the dialogue is the notion that "controls" are "more guns." No, they aren't. Controls need to be restrictions on guns.

Start with universal background checks. Start with a national database of gun owners. Start by a federal buyback program on certain categories of weapons. Start by restricting access to guns. Start by suing the living ****ing shit out of gun manufacturers. Oh, and start by dismantling the current version of the NRA and turning it back into a sportsman's organization with almost zero political agenda other than a mild interest in protecting the rights of gun owners and enthusiasts in certain categories of activities, like hunting, which is what it was for years.

After these things happen, I would imagine our statistics will start to become a little less crazy, and law-abiding gun owners would notice almost nothing different in their gun-owning lives.

tC5uumk.png

Again, you support the idea that money is more important than our children.

Ban guns so then those who don’t give a shit about legislature are the only ones to have them..

Gun free zones are the answer...

Care to give us the numbers for countries to the south?

Interestingly they don't put any of our neighbors to the south in those statistics. I seem to recall thousands of people getting hacked to death by machetes in Rwanda a few years back. Where's Rwanda in the list. Taking guns away from people will only make them resort to other means to carry out their fantasies. Any kid worth his salt can figure out how to make pipe bombs.

Those stats they use are cherry picked statistics that should never be taken seriously..

Reactions: dinglefritz

Democrat and his talking points here folks...

Hive mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT