ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from the booing early on,

Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
Could we ask for a better atmosphere and circumstance tonight for recruits? I'm guessing we should get 6 out of this before midnight.

Yeah, I think that is what most people think, but does that make it better? Does anyone think it helps? Does anyone think the players say "oh, they are probably booing the coaches, so it doesn't bother me."
Totally in agreement with you.

Yeah, I think that is what most people think, but does that make it better? Does anyone think it helps? Does anyone think the players say "oh, they are probably booing the coaches, so it doesn't bother me."
We are supposed to be the classiest fans in football. My ass. They tried to show disdain for the play call, I get it,but you know who heard that booing the most? Tommy. He plays his ass off every game and may not make the best decisions at times but he absolutely does not deserve to hear boos.

We are supposed to be the classiest fans in football. My ass. They tried to show disdain for the play call, I get it,but you know who heard that booing the most? Tommy. He plays his ass off every game and may not make the best decisions at times but he absolutely does not deserve to hear boos.

I hope Tommy knows it wasn't at him. Still doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
So Tommy isn't astute enough to know why the boos came out? Fans kind of have their hands tied when it comes to displaying their discontent. Boos are like car horns when you get cut off. It's really all they have.
Wrong

So Tommy isn't astute enough to know why the boos came out? Fans kind of have their hands tied when it comes to displaying their discontent. Boos are like car horns when you get cut off. It's really all they have.

This is really goddamn dumb. How about this. Don't boo at all. Just don't. You want to express your disdain? voice it here. Booing, in the middle of the game, is never, ever helpful. ever.

Reactions: arf_man
Caught the game at a bar so no sound... What was the booing for?

There was also some booing when Eichhorst was announced at the end of the first quarter. My cousin, who was visiting from Tennesee and doesn't really follow the Huskers turned to me and said "the fans are boing when you guys are up 10-3 over the #7 team in the country?"

The fanbase in general looked pretty freaking dumb tonight on a number of occasions.

Reactions: arf_man
Caught the game at a bar so no sound... What was the booing for?
It was the play calling. They booed on two plays. First when Westercamp caught the pass for a four yard loss when starting first and goal. Second for the interception that came the very next play and wiped out the chance for even 3 points.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I was imagining it or not, but I thought I heard booing in the second half when Tommy threw the int near the goaline.
Yes. That was the only time the fans really brought out the booing. The booing was more about the first and goal from the 4 pass.

People were not happy about the passing play calls right on the doorstep of the endzone. We had previously seen how that worked out earlier in the game, and earlier in the season too. Cross was in beast mode it seemed all game long. So yeah, it's a real head scratcher on why the OC was passing in that situation.

There was also a lot of booing when the other team came out in the middle of our tunnel walk. That'said one thing that's always irritated me and it just ruins the tunnel walk.

The fans that booed are idiots. Probably the same ones that left early too.

I'll tell you what if your paying big bucks to donate for season tickets you have every right to be discutent with bad play calling that everyone else see's in the stadium

Even TO had to be booed in 1981 to let him know to play Gill the start of the 2nd half over Nate Mason in the Auburn rain game.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what if your paying big bucks to donate for season tickets you have every right to be discutent with bad play calling that everyone else see's in the stadium

Even TO had to be booed in 1981 to let him know to play Gill the start of the 2nd half over Nate Mason in the Auburn rain game.

Yea, the fans know so much. The funny thing is that play call to JW was a IZ/WR Flat option play. TA could have handed the ball off to Cross which would have been stuffed at the LOS or instead he decided to throw it to JW who had 1v1 coverage, the defender made a play. We had over 50 yards running that play to the flat in the game so I see why DL called it. Every play isn't going to work even if it's the correct call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT