ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from all other stuff, arguments and opinions,

mel mains

Sophomore
May 29, 2001
I'm curious to see if Eichorst stands pat on his rule (habit?) of not commenting during a season. (I expect he will.)

“It also provides our coaches with the authority and autonomy to run their programs the way they see fit. Me coming in on the back end of some of that, or going through the day-by-day play by play I don’t think is productive. Some folks might think it’s unproductive for me not to step up in that regard." ...

"I don’t read the day-by-day blows and blogs. I know our program and our coaches. They were struggling, there’s no doubt about it. I don’t think anybody was pleased. We had injuries, we had turnovers, we lost some tough ballgames. I think anybody would be anxious in those sorts of settings.

“What I want to try to provide is some balance and some stability, right? It’s more important for me to manage that behind the scenes than to go off and tell everybody that everything is going to be OK, and we’re going to get through this. Because we are. That’s how we’re structured."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/q-a-wi...cle_057cf4e6-25e2-54d8-bcd9-8043ae598480.html

So serious question......I realize that SE doesn't comment during the season.....however, do you think that he has had a conversation with HCMR after the loss Saturday? And when I mean conversation, I mean something like "WTF Mike?"

It is interesting to me that SE has had two major hires...both guys in their sixties.

At Miami: Frank Haith was a good recruiter...terrible game day coach. So when Haith left, SE hired the 62 year old Larranaga. He took a junior and senior laden team of Haith's guys to the sweet 16...good coaching by him. However in the last two years Larranaga has a losing conference record and the Hurricane have lost 29 games.

...and they are stuck with a 66 year old coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT