ADVERTISEMENT

As much as I hate the B1G and miss the B12...

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Cable is dead - future super conference

The dramatically shifting landscape of college football is proving that the move was and still is probably the best move we could've pursued.

Sounds like the fate of the Big 12 is pretty damn bleak right now. This article does a great job of explaining the changing nature of games based on the fact that cable is not only dying, but is dead.

I'm just glad this list included Nebraska in the West conference/division (and at all!). Some sites speculating this have Nebraska missing out, left to ideally become an upper tier team of a smaller sub league. Imagine how much that'd hurt our state's economy, amongst other things.

I think now more than ever we need to rally around our team with support. There are bigger things at play here than just typical seasons of wins and losses. Our very existence could count on it. This can of course be contingent on whether or not we finally see progress from coach Frost. Another terrible season might be worth canning him now and making the biggest splash hire we can make to resurrect our program as if our very existence counted on it. Going into this season though, we need to keep up the support and proving that even in down years, we're worth considering for this speculative yet likely future league.

The NCAA continues to seem like a dog that's lost its teeth, and realignment seems to be getting crazier than ever, if not more frequent too. Potentially killing an entire conference (B12)! I like to think we can win 7-8 games this year and at least dip our toes back into national relevancy. It'd be the much needed boost to recruiting and brand, that's for sure...

Cable is dead - future super conference

The dramatically shifting landscape of college football is proving that the move was and still is probably the best move we could've pursued.

Sounds like the fate of the Big 12 is pretty damn bleak right now. This article does a great job of explaining the changing nature of games based on the fact that cable is not only dying, but is dead.

I'm just glad this list included Nebraska in the West conference/division (and at all!). Some sites speculating this have Nebraska missing out, left to ideally become an upper tier team of a smaller sub league. Imagine how much that'd hurt our state's economy, amongst other things.

I think now more than ever we need to rally around our team with support. There are bigger things at play here than just typical seasons of wins and losses. Our very existence could count on it. This can of course be contingent on whether or not we finally see progress from coach Frost. Another terrible season might be worth canning him now and making the biggest splash hire we can make to resurrect our program as if our very existence counted on it. Going into this season though, we need to keep up the support and proving that even in down years, we're worth considering for this speculative yet likely future league.

The NCAA continues to seem like a dog that's lost its teeth, and realignment seems to be getting crazier than ever, if not more frequent too. Potentially killing an entire conference (B12)! I like to think we can win 7-8 games this year and at least dip our toes back into national relevancy. It'd be the much needed boost to recruiting and brand, that's for sure...

What's to prevent other Big Ten schools from merging with the Pac or ACC without us?

We've literally brought nothing to the table for the Big Ten since we joined. Our football and men's basketball programs have sucked, and we are the weakest academic institution in the conference by far, and the only one not in the AAU.

I could see Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, Indiana, and Wisconsin reaching out to USC, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington, to start a new Super Conference. Or they join with Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Duke, and Virginia.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
What's to prevent other Big Ten schools from merging with the Pac or ACC without us?

We've literally brought nothing to the table for the Big Ten since we joined. Our football and men's basketball programs have sucked, and we are the weakest academic institution in the conference by far, and the only one not in the AAU.

I could see Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, Indiana, and Wisconsin reaching out to USC, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington, to start a new Super Conference. Or they join with Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Duke, and Virginia.
Has the B1G ever culled members? It seems to me that all they have ever done is add members, not subtract members… I know they could depart from that and go ahead and do that, but they haven’t done that in the past.

Big Ten East: the entire current Big Ten

Big Ten West: USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, Baylor

Has the B1G ever culled members? It seems to me that all they have ever done is add members, not subtract members… I know they could depart from that and go ahead and do that, but they haven’t done that in the past.

The University of Chicago was a founding member of the Big Ten and is still part of the CIC.

Reactions: cidsports
Sorry, I should’ve said in the last 75 years…
Also, I do not think NU exits the league before the Terps and Rutgers. The latter two should have never been added. I think the move to 14 teams is wonky and doesn't provide for balanced out-of division-series. A 12 team league provides for a nice 8 game in conference schedule. Five games in division, 3 out, with the latter swapped for the other three every two years.

Reactions: timnsun

I'm not saying the Big Ten will expel us...I'm saying that it's possible that Ohio St and Michigan could leave the Big Ten to join a new SuperConference. There seems to be some smoke:

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT