ADVERTISEMENT

As an Iowa fan, I am excited for you guys

CelticHawk

Walk On
Feb 24, 2011
Thinking about of all the hires in the last 20 years, this is one guy that gets what NU is in football.

And it was handled with total class. I cant wait to get NU's best. Our game just got kicked up a notch.

From our end, I hope Kirk can keep pace. He may be coming to the end of his career and we may be looking at more 7-5's than BIG West championships. We shall see though. Its gonna be fun.

All it takes is a good coach and Iowa could get really good. I think what's holding Iowa down is the pink paint in the visiting team's locker room...

We are still going to have to deal with Iowa's physical line play on both sides of the ball. Bo managed to somewhat figure out that conundrum, so I'm going to think that Frost is going to have a pretty good chance at it.

Reactions: CelticHawk
Iowa fan here too, excited to see Frost, seems like a really good guy. I was in the same room as him once at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes deal in Iowa when he was an asst at my alma matar, Northern Iowa. Says a lot about him that he was there.

Well I will say that a game against Iowa will perhaps be looked forward to instead of dreaded. Hard to hate a team that beats us in Lincoln. BTW If Hawkeye board gets after you, we have a safe house in Anselmo.

Reactions: CelticHawk
Thinking about of all the hires in the last 20 years, this is one guy that gets what NU is in football.

And it was handled with total class. I cant wait to get NU's best. Our game just got kicked up a notch.

From our end, I hope Kirk can keep pace. He may be coming to the end of his career and we may be looking at more 7-5's than BIG West championships. We shall see though. Its gonna be fun.

I was glad that Frost is coming back to NU to coach. I personally thought Mike Leach would be a better selection. He would tear up the Big 10 and especially the weaker West division. But Frost should do well and bring you back up to Pelini level win totals.....but with a much better public relations. Hopefully Frost will be able to bring in much needed better talent and speed which should help NU become more competitive in the West. He should make NU relevant again in the West and hopefully the Big 10. But, give him time to bring in some talent. He needs to have better players to show off his coaching abilities. NU should be serious contenders for the West fairly soon. It was refreshing to see Frost show some loyalty to his alma mater....which is rare these days. He didn't seem to show much interest in some of the big time glitzy programs that had openings but instead came back to NU.....good for him.

We are still going to have to deal with Iowa's physical line play on both sides of the ball. Bo managed to somewhat figure out that conundrum, so I'm going to think that Frost is going to have a pretty good chance at it.

What is crazy, is Nebraska had a Championship defense one of the last years of the Big 12. I think it was 08-09? Lee just sucked as a QB and you folks had 5 turnovers vs ISU. Then Bo just quit emphasizing D or something.

I look forward to great games.

Difference between Nebraska and Iowa fans lol. I hope Iowa goes defeated next season.

What is crazy, is Nebraska had a Championship defense one of the last years of the Big 12. I think it was 08-09? Lee just sucked as a QB and you folks had 5 turnovers vs ISU. Then Bo just quit emphasizing D or something.

Hahaha there is a three page thread on here about what Bo was or was not emphasizing... it's been debated to death

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Sorry, not a regular on here. Just check in on most BIG boards. This board probably more than others because of the fans.
It is interesting to get others' opinions. Yes, the 2009 and 2010 teams had championship level defenses but bad/inconsistent offenses. In 2009 both our NFL-caliber RBs got hurt and our QB (Lee) was playing hurt and not very good to begin with. We had SEVEN turnovers against ISU that year, including one where Niles Paul was running into the endzone untouched and just dropped the ball. In 2010, we had another championship level defense but a freshman Taylor Martinez broke his ankle and we just kept playing him.

The consensus on Bo was that he did great with Callahan's recruits, but couldn't capitalize with his own recruits. Good assistant coaches left and less qualified guys were hired. He couldn't overcome his demons and he didn't have the drive to be a top flight recruiter. He did what he could to win nine games over and over and over again, but we weren't going to break through

It is interesting to get others' opinions. Yes, the 2009 and 2010 teams had championship level defenses but bad/inconsistent offenses. In 2009 both our NFL-caliber RBs got hurt and our QB (Lee) was playing hurt and not very good to begin with. We had SEVEN turnovers against ISU that year, including one where Niles Paul was running into the endzone untouched and just dropped the ball. In 2010, we had another championship level defense but a freshman Taylor Martinez broke his ankle and we just kept playing him.

The consensus on Bo was that he did great with Callahan's recruits, but couldn't capitalize with his own recruits. Good assistant coaches left and less qualified guys were hired. He couldn't overcome his demons and he didn't have the drive to be a top flight recruiter. He did what he could to win nine games over and over and over again, but we weren't going to break through

As an outsider it seemed like Bo's teams had good defensive play but the offensive line was soft. There might have been a year or two that has been an exception but the offensive lines have seemed to be the Nebraska problem since Callahan started.

Reactions: ssmill777

Bo quit recruiting because his ego told him that he could coach up lesser players into the next Suh. What a wasted opportunity after Suh's 2009 season. The most celebrated defensive tackle of modern history and yet Pelini never was able to turn that into recruiting gold.

Bo quit recruiting because his ego told him that he could coach up lesser players into the next Suh. What a wasted opportunity after Suh's 2009 season. The most celebrated defensive tackle of modern history and yet Pelini never was able to turn that into recruiting gold.

I never thought about that angle, but it could be a possibility. I'm sure Pelini tried to use Suh as a talking point, but what a shame if Pelini did think a once in a lifetime player was all his doing....And subsequently undoing. Failure through success.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
As an outsider it seemed like Bo's teams had good defensive play but the offensive line was soft. There might have been a year or two that has been an exception but the offensive lines have seemed to be the Nebraska problem since Callahan started.
Our offensive lines have been average to terrible the last 16 or so years. Started in the few years right before Callahan... Bo's teams had good defensive play at some points but terribly inconsistent. We shut down Wisconsin's run game one year and later in the season we gave up 70 points to the same team.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Our offensive lines have been average to terrible the last 16 or so years. Started in the few years right before Callahan... Bo's teams had good defensive play at some points but terribly inconsistent. We shut down Wisconsin's run game one year and later in the season we gave up 70 points to the same team.

Yeah, it was bizarre to say the least. Heh.....I still don't get it.

Thanks for your kind words, and come back and see us!

All it takes is a good coach and Iowa could get really good. I think what's holding Iowa down is the pink paint in the visiting team's locker room...

That is very poor sportsmanship by the Hawkeyes. I have much less respect for the University. NU applauds its opponents...Iowa belittles...

That is very poor sportsmanship by the Hawkeyes. I have much less respect for the University. NU applauds its opponents...Iowa belittles...

I think its kind of funny. Does pink represent testicular cancer too? I just figured they wanna save the tah tahs.

Appreciate the kind words, but we have a long ways to go. Thankfully, Scott will have us playing more disciplined, hard-nosed football than we have seen since Osborne, but it probably will take 2-3 yrs to accomplish.

Nothing says sportsmanship like a color of paint!
You can't be serious.....can you?

You're probably like many Iowa fans; you switch allegiances between ISU and hawkeyes; whoever is winning. Now its Iowa in football; ISU in basketball. At least with Nebraska we don't have divided loyalties.

You're probably like many Iowa fans; you switch allegiances between ISU and hawkeyes; whoever is winning. Now its Iowa in football; ISU in basketball. At least with Nebraska we don't have divided loyalties.

When the hell does this happen? Here's a clue, it doesn't.
It is completely clear you are making crap up.

Based on your sig. What does He have to say about making stuff up (lying)?

When the hell does this happen? Here's a clue, it doesn't.
It is completely clear you are making crap up.

Based on your sig. What does He have to say about making stuff up (lying)?

Where's your proof; Judge? My cousins live or are from northern Iowa and I hear about this swtchola all the time.

Where's your proof; Judge? My cousins live or are from northern Iowa and I hear about this swtchola all the time.

Where's my proof? You're the one who made the assertion. If this "switchola" happens all the time, you mean the years Iowa State is better than Iowa? Hmmmm, you'll have to go back a while.

merry Christmas and thank you,we are happy as hell right now too

Reactions: DrakeHawk1
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic

This NEVER happens! Most Iowa fans despise ISU and would cheer for the Huskers before ISU, and the thought of cheering for the Huskers made me throw up in my mouth a little so............ ;)

Look I live just outside Des Moines. I have lived in Iowa since 1980 mostly outside of Sioux City. My daughter graduated from ISU my son in law is fro SW Iowa. Every where I lived ISU and Iowa fans would would cheer for Nebraska when the Huskers would play the other Iowa school. They do not go for the other Iowa school. Maybe a few exceptions, but the rule is not to cheer for the other Iowa institution unless it gives your school a benefit.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Look I live just outside Des Moines. I have lived in Iowa since 1980 mostly outside of Sioux City. My daughter graduated from ISU my son in law is fro SW Iowa. Every where I lived ISU and Iowa fans would would cheer for Nebraska when the Huskers would play the other Iowa school. They do not go for the other Iowa school. Maybe a few exceptions, but the rule is not to cheer for the other Iowa institution unless it gives your school a benefit.
I’ve got a feeling he is trolling hard. Probably too hard. But I did raise an eye brow and snicker a little bit at his posts. So he may have gotten me....for a second.

I

No, he actually just ran out of Callahan recruits.

Reactions: Red I 73
Another Iowa fan here from Western Iowa.

Always cheered for Nebraska in the past. To age myself a bit some of my best football memories as a kid are watching Nebraska v Oklahoma games. Just loved the option offenses on the field.

Possibly my favorite non-Iowa game was watching Nebraska pound Miami into submission in '95?

Best of luck with new coach and look forward to some ultra physical games in the future.

To date myself I lived in Omaha in the early 60s and went to a Nebraska football game that 10.000 fans were in attendance. I can tell you that an ISU or Iowa fan would like the other team to loose to anyone they in anything.

Bobot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT