ADVERTISEMENT

Artificial Putting Grren

Neighbor had one professionally installed. He kept it for maybe 5 years but it's long been removed. Didn't seem to get much use.

As someone who used to golf regularly (sadly haven't in almost a decade, shooting is my new sport), without changing the placement of the cup(s) and probably not being very big since it's in a yard, I imagine the novelty would fade pretty quickly. When you're reading the same green repeatedly, it's not as mentally engaging because you already know it.

As someone who used to golf regularly (sadly haven't in almost a decade, shooting is my new sport), without changing the placement of the cup(s) and probably not being very big since it's in a yard, I imagine the novelty would fade pretty quickly. When you're reading the same green repeatedly, it's not as mentally engaging because you already know it.

Part of it is an area for my kids to put their blow up bounce house, and put up their soccer net, etc. It's kid of going to be a multi-purpose area. More just looking to see how it holds up because it is pretty expensive to put down.

Anyone have a putting green in their backyard or have you used artificial grass? How do you like it? Worth the money? Any issues?

As an avid golfer, I have built a simulator in my garage, but have never put in a green though I have thought about it often. For putting, I really only want to practice making sure I can start a putt down my intended line for six feet. A simple mat can accomplish that. A friend of mine does have a green installed and rarely uses it.

As an avid golfer, I have built a simulator in my garage, but have never put in a green though I have thought about it often. For putting, I really only want to practice making sure I can start a putt down my intended line for six feet. A simple mat can accomplish that. A friend of mine does have a green installed and rarely uses it.

I'm installing a putting surface so I can have fun in our backyard, but it is also going to serve as a kid play area as well. I'm not putting in-ground cups in and the area is about 15x25. It's going to have room for a soccer net, a golf net, and other play equipment. More just looking how the stuff actually holds up. I may just move forward with artificial grass and not worry about it being putting green. It was just going to be an added benefit.

I'm installing a putting surface so I can have fun in our backyard, but it is also going to serve as a kid play area as well. I'm not putting in-ground cups in and the area is about 15x25. It's going to have room for a soccer net, a golf net, and other play equipment. More just looking how the stuff actually holds up. I may just move forward with artificial grass and not worry about it being putting green. It was just going to be an added benefit.

A Soccer net.o_O What’s this world coming to..

I hope you have a basketball hoop up for Christ sake.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I feel like all these things are awesome at first...then you never use them.

I have a wood burning fire pit in my backyard and I can't remember the last time I used it. My buddy did a really nice gas one...never uses it anymore.

Even if you were super golfer I would think you would get bored with putting out back and end up MAYBE using it for 15 minutes a month.

Reactions: scarletred
I feel like all these things are awesome at first...then you never use them.

I have a wood burning fire pit in my backyard and I can't remember the last time I used it. My buddy did a really nice gas one...never uses it anymore.

Even if you were super golfer I would think you would get bored with putting out back and end up MAYBE using it for 15 minutes a month.

Depends on where you live I guess. We live in NC and use both our screened porch and deck all of the time with our gas fire pit. We just chose to be outside because the weather is good here. Part of this is because our yard is heavily landscaped, but also very hilly and so I am building a big recreational area for my kids so they can play outside. If I never use the putting green oh well, but my kids are constantly outside and instead of full time in the driveway they can have another fun space. Soocer, gymastics, their playhouse, and many other applications work here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT