ADVERTISEMENT

Article on football attendance trends

jay-cheese

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 14, 2006
http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-football-attendance-hits-worst-average-2003

I think you'll see this general attendance trend continue to struggle.

Secondly, it makes me happy that we did all of the stadium expansion stuff when we did. Those projects aren't happening today...in fact, I could totally see our admin dilluting 500 seats from official capacity in the North and South endzones in the near future (too many seats in some of those rows, plus, it'd be a better experience for those who sit in those sections).

GBR

The stadium expansion project was ill advised in my opinion. From a pure financial standpoint, I doubt they ever see a return on investment for those extra seats. The other projects (sound system, big screen etc) are harder to quantify, but do contribute to the overall game day atmosphere, which has been a big focus to keep fans coming to the games. With little else to do in this state, I think the sellout will continue for some time. A few losing seasons though, and all bets are off.

Overall, it's hard to argue against watching the game in the comfort of your own home on your big screen tv.

The stadium expansion project was ill advised in my opinion. From a pure financial standpoint, I doubt they ever see a return on investment for those extra seats. The other projects (sound system, big screen etc) are harder to quantify, but do contribute to the overall game day atmosphere, which has been a big focus to keep fans coming to the games. With little else to do in this state, I think the sellout will continue for some time. A few losing seasons though, and all bets are off.

Overall, it's hard to argue against watching the game in the comfort of your own home on your big screen tv.

College football is the best game day experience of any sport...watching from your home is good , but no comparison to actually being there.
Nebraska fans should know this as we do here at Ohio State...i took some new people last year to a game at the Shoe , they were astounded
at the whole atmosphere and were not even Buckeye fans...they were hooked and wanted to come back again it was so much fun....just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT