ADVERTISEMENT

Arthur Ashe Award Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheartlvk

Feb 3, 2013
Just a quick follow up. I find it ironic that ESPN chose Bruce Jenner, the current poster child of the LBGT movement. Arthur Ashe died because of a gay man, whose deviant sexual behavior resulted in AIDS and whose smug, self-centered liberal mindset led to him donating blood without regards to others because it is his 'right'. Now the same perverted behavior that killed the award's namesake is being celebrated as courageous.

5982d1424040186t-bruce-jenner-then-now-fruity-pebbles.jpg

Have you people who claim to be progressive and accepting with all this really thought this through?

Does Bruce have to give back all his Olympic medals now that he’s dressing up as a woman?

If your 7 y/o daughter needs to use the restroom, and you see a man dressed as a woman go into the restroom ahead of your daughter, are you allowing her to go in there?

When some embattled coach of a girls sport, at a program somewhere, high school or college level, brings in a man in a dress to compete and he screws your daughter out of her spot on the team are you OK with that?

When your wife or sister trains for a year or better to compete in a race of some sort (triathlon, Warrior Dash, volleyball, etc) and she is edged out for the win by a guy in a dress, are you still going to support all this?

When some mom and pop business has to drop $20K to install a transgender bathroom after they spent thousands on legal fee’s fighting it, are you going to be OK with that?

When your wife goes into Victoria Secret’s to try on some smoking hawt piece on lingerie and ahead of her walks in a man wearing a dress, are you allowing her to go in there?

When a University has to drop a sport because they are now spending money on a transgender issue and there is only so much money to go around, and your daughter can’t be on the rifle or bowling team anymore are you OK with this?

When a guy in a dress competes at the next Olympics and cleans up with all the gold medals are you going to be OK with that?

When a place you are applying for a job you desperately need, hires a guy in a dress instead of you, for fear of being sued, or having to meet their transgender quota, are you just going to shrug your shoulders and say “That’s the breaks”?

Edit, I almost forgot about the prisoner in California that has been awarded a sex change operation that the tax payers have to pay for. Sounds good right? No problem there.

Last edited:
Reactions: studed and 1fsb
Well said Lite.

My issue with this is why does he get all this pub? Its not like he's breaking some new ground in 2015! Call the first person to ever do this courageuos if you feel the need to do so....but Bruce Jenner? He has had his whole life put out on the airwaves for years with that fiasco of a family called Kardasian. Now we are supposed to call him a hero and courageous for "coming out" Hell, I'll call him lazy for taking so long. It was only a matter of time before this happened in my opinion.

Reactions: studed
I actually faced a situation similar to what I described while attending King of Kings Church a few years ago (not kidding). Some dude wearing a dress walked into the women's restroom, my daughter was about 10 at the time and had to go. I told her to hold it, find another restroom, or wait until he comes out. Anyone else ever see that dude at that place? Was he a one time attendee, or does he still go there?

Well at least you all have your own little thread to bunker down in while the world goes on without you

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
understanding that people are going to mutilate themselves despite what anyone else thinks, i'm ok with that, but it is a 'can of worms'. i'd rather not have to pay for it or make special accommodations. some people i hear want to be 'transabled', can we please draw a line somewhere...?

courageous would be for someone at the espy's to point out they are rewarding the psychosis of a sick individual.

If it doesnt have any bearing on your life why does this matter? If it makes her feel happy to go through this very difficult transformation more power to her. I personally cannot relate to having to make this kind of choice and would probably be even more supportive if she wasnt making money off it. I teach middle school and we have a student that last year was a female on the attendance roster and this year she is a male. The best one can do is just be supportive of this lifestyle change and hope that in the end it does not result in suicide as many of these types of cases tend to do.

If a guy wearing a dress kills himself I will think the same thing I thought when a good friend of mine had a son kill himself....Selfish little jerk. The people left behind pay the ultimate price, and the people who kill themselves don't deserve any of my sympathy. I view it as the cowards way out, barring some disease slowing taking away your quality of life of course. No excuse for putting your loved ones through that. I've seen it first hand. My friends son put a shotgun through his brain in their house, in his room. Ruined his dad (big time ruined him). Ruined the "family feeling" in his house. House was worth less when they sold it, because who wants to buy a house some kid killed himself in, and who is going to let their kid stay in that room now? So bottom line, I don't care about people who do that to be brutally honest, my sympathy goes to the people left behind who have to make sense of it and deal with it the rest of their lives.

If it doesnt have any bearing on your life why does this matter? If it makes her feel happy to go through this very difficult transformation more power to her. I personally cannot relate to having to make this kind of choice and would probably be even more supportive if she wasnt making money off it. I teach middle school and we have a student that last year was a female on the attendance roster and this year she is a male. The best one can do is just be supportive of this lifestyle change and hope that in the end it does not result in suicide as many of these types of cases tend to do.

I agree it shouldn't matter to us. Problem is that it is rammed down our throats when ever we open a web page or turn on the TV. Do what you want, be who/what you want to be....I don't care. But I also don't need to glorify it and then be cast as intolerant when I say I don't care.

Side note. Interesting that you chose to refer to Bruce Jenner as "her" now that he is transforming into a woman but you refer to your student still as "she" even though he is now a male according to the roster. Is that being supportive of your student?

I actually faced a situation similar to what I described while attending King of Kings Church a few years ago (not kidding). Some dude wearing a dress walked into the women's restroom, my daughter was about 10 at the time and had to go. I told her to hold it, find another restroom, or wait until he comes out. Anyone else ever see that dude at that place? Was he a one time attendee, or does he still go there?
There is a dude at Lifetime who tries to look feminine but no woman has arms, legs, traps and larynx as he/she does. I've only seen her/him a few times and haven't been in the women's locker room when he/she is there.

Personally, I've seen much more weird stuff in my life and would probably just go about my business. However, if there were young girls in the locker room, I'd definitely try to protect them. I'm sure they would be fine but children don't need to see that stuff up front and personal. Kids now days barely have an window for being "innocence" compared to in the 70's when I grew up, and the meaning of "gay" was to be "happy."

I guess the ONLY transgender person I recall back in the day was David Bowie. I think when I saw him, I just thought he was weird.

My two 13 year old boys are so much more advanced when it comes to knowledge of this stuff that most of us didn't even have to deal with until we were older. They have a good attitude about it. I feel as long as they understand certain fundamental truths about life and hold those convictions dear, they will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT