Arkansas is screwed

hephusker

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2011
Yes, it can and should be a crime to go unvaccinated.

Getting vaxxed is NOT a personal choice — it is a responsibility as a member of society.
I got vaccinated but this is an EUA vaccine whose short and long term effects are not completely known. Great benefit for those older and vulnerable but less clear benefit for the young and healthy. The US has always been about choice. Also, there is no data to suggest that a previously infected person needs a vaccine. I never expected more than 70 percent uptake for the vaccine. Ithink we have done well.

The scourge of the COVID is upon and will continue for some time - albeit slowly fading. MAYBE WE SHOULD ASK IN MORE DETAIL HOW THIS CAME ABOUT - WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? IT KILLED MILLIONS AND CHANGED THE WORLD AND THIS QUESTION REMAINS UNINVESTIGATED.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
I got vaccinated but this is an EUA vaccine whose short and long term effects are not completely known. Great benefit for those older and vulnerable but less clear benefit for the young and healthy. The US has always been about choice. Also, there is no data to suggest that a previously infected person needs a vaccine. I never expected more than 70 percent uptake for the vaccine. Ithink we have done well.

The scourge of the COVID is upon and will continue for some time - albeit slowly fading. MAYBE WE SHOULD ASK IN MORE DETAIL HOW THIS CAME ABOUT - WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? IT KILLED MILLIONS AND CHANGED THE WORLD AND THIS QUESTION REMAINS UNINVESTIGATED.
Yea we funded a lab where a President possibly visited? Fauci knew about it and yet no one wants to know why. In the mean time we are busy drumming up political BS to cover it with the left wing media helping.

diehardhusker1

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Couple of points- I'm all for people getting the vaccine my entire family has but I'm not going shame anyone for not getting it because it ends up being another distraction and people will resist. It is just like get the vaccine shot and don't wear a mask but that has changed and now we are seeing the results from the horrible mixed messaging. You do one or the other but not both. As for asking people about your vaccine cards before walking into a hospital then I also think if you do that we as a society should be able to ask people to show any vaccine status when they walk into any establishment and those private owners can determine if they would like to serve them. What happens when you ask for a card and someone has to lay out all the facts of why they may not be able to get a vaccine- maybe they have reactions to them or their doctor does not recommend it because of health reasons---is that going to far?

As for smoking- smoke or don't smoke my opinion is if any private owner of an establishments posts a sign on the front of their building saying that its a smoking establishment then you as a consumer have a choice and that is to walk in and be served or not. If not go to another location that is non smoking. I would also suggest that if you want to see someone's vax cards and I as a private owner of an establishment should also be able to ask to see a card for who you voted for and I then can serve you or not serve you.... My point is this is all hyperbole and just plain stupid to ask for these things in a country where we are supposed to celebrate our freedoms.

I have always said the United States of America is the greatest country in the world. We do so many great things but we are not very good with other things and in my opinion we do a horrible job of taking care of our very old, our very young and our wonderful Military Men and Women who are serving or served this great country.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
What are you arguing for here?

I think it's laughable that smoking is now being regulated outdoors, to the point that some towns have completely banned it altogether. There are a few instances where I can see it, stadiums etc., where people are crammed together, but other than that its a joke. The anti-smoking Nazis roll on.

I'm not a smoker by the way. Just think its fvcking ridiculous how some people feel the need to control the behavior of others.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
No I think that is true. If you tell me you have never sent text, looked at your phone period while driving you are lying.
I never send texts while driving. I don’t even jaywalk.

However, I do look at my phone while driving because it’s mounted on the dashboard where I use it for navigation (I prefer Waze with Stephen Colbert’s voice) and it is Bluetoothed to the car speakers so it can be answered and hung up with a button on my steering wheel.

Reactions: philosophusker

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
I never send texts while driving. I don’t even jaywalk.

However, I do look at my phone while driving because it’s mounted on the dashboard where I use it for navigation (I prefer Waze with Stephen Colbert’s voice) and it is Bluetoothed to the car speakers so it can be answered and hung up with a button on my steering wheel.
You are a liar sir. No disrespect

mjv

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
Denver
Yes, it can and should be a crime to go unvaccinated.

Getting vaxxed is NOT a personal choice — it is a responsibility as a member of society.

So, if it is "safe", then why hasn't the EUA been removed and the vaxes been fully approved? I mean you say that it's safe because so many have had the shot, but still after millions, they won't approve it? Why is there no liability if injured? You won't answer these questions because there is no good answer. If these companies and the government are "responsible" then they would be liable, but they aren't. So why should the "public" be responsible but not the government or these companies?

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
No, I just live a very different life than you. One that it seems like you cannot imagine. That explains a lot about you.
Well no offense but why would I want to live a life like you when we live in 2 totally different areas and are 2 totally different people. Its all good. You seem like a happy decent human. We just differ on several opinions and beliefs. That is ok.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

HUSKERinLA

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
So, if it is "safe", then why hasn't the EUA been removed and the vaxes been fully approved? I mean you say that it's safe because so many have had the shot, but still after millions, they won't approve it? Why is there no liability if injured? You won't answer these questions because there is no good answer. If these companies and the government are "responsible" then they would be liable, but they aren't. So why should the "public" be responsible but not the government or these companies?
Yes, I can answer these questions!

Short answer: Regulatory red tape.

Long answer: The full approval process is heavily regulated and extremely cumbersome. The applications are something like 100,000 pages, involve lengthy processes for multi-level reviews of data, plant inspections, supplier inspections, and on and on. Additionally, in the middle of it was a presidential administration from the most incompetent administration in history to an administration that was denied the normal process and information of a transition and prioritized initial efforts on a ton of other things, particularly getting as much of the vaccine produced and distributed after taking over for previously mentioned incompetent and understaffed Trump administration.

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways

mjv

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
Denver

Long answer: The full approval process is heavily regulated and extremely cumbersome. The applications are something like 100,000 pages, involve lengthy processes for multi-level reviews of data, plant inspections, supplier inspections, and on and on. Additionally, in the middle of it was a presidential administration from the most incompetent administration in history to an administration that was denied the normal process and information of a transition and prioritized initial efforts on a ton of other things, particularly getting as much of the vaccine produced and distributed after taking over for previously mentioned incompetent and understaffed Trump administration.

Well, that is a non-answer. And full of opinion, but no data or information.

But no answers for "responsible" government or companies that harm people who you want to require to get a vaccine. Said another way, someone who has an adverse reaction to the vaccine up to death, should get the unapproved vaccine and have no recourse for the "harm" imposed on them, because you say so....

Husker Hank

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009

I know even you dont believe any of that garbage, but keep spewing the BS! Laughing

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Arkansas Children's hospitals report a record number of children are hospitalized with Covid-19 as the illness continues to prey upon the state's unvaccinated population.

The hospitals, located in Little Rock and Springdale, said 24 pediatric patients were hospitalized with Covid-19 on Wednesday, a 50% increase over any previous peak during the pandemic. Of the 24 children, seven are in intensive care and two are on ventilators, the hospital said. More than half of them could have been vaccinated -- anyone 12 and over is eligible for a free shot -- but none of those hospitalized had done so.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Arkansas Children's hospitals report a record number of children are hospitalized with Covid-19 as the illness continues to prey upon the state's unvaccinated population.

The hospitals, located in Little Rock and Springdale, said 24 pediatric patients were hospitalized with Covid-19 on Wednesday, a 50% increase over any previous peak during the pandemic. Of the 24 children, seven are in intensive care and two are on ventilators, the hospital said. More than half of them could have been vaccinated -- anyone 12 and over is eligible for a free shot -- but none of those hospitalized had done so.

How else will we make room for the illegals? You need to kill off the poor to make room for the new poor.

Latest posts