Arkansas is screwed

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Well, they are in the SEC West. It is the best/toughest division in college football.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
That is impossible the Pubs on here told me the vaccine doesn't work and Trumpers are not the anti-vaxxers. Arkansas is full of Trumpers, it is the 49th state in public school rankings after all. (Thanks Mississippi for bringing up the rear)

You know what has been tested and proven unsafe in humans? Covid. Get vaccinated Trumpers!

Last edited:

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
They should kick them out of the ICU to be honest. This was 99% preventable and they landed in there because of their negligence. Now people who are vaccinated but perhaps end up with a heart problem, car accident, or some other emergency are unable to get their critical care, due to this nonsense.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I live there. I live in the only county over 50% vaccinated rate.

It's still a free world. Like the decision or not. It's a personal choice for people and you amd others making fun of people really says more about you than people in Arkansas.

And what if something happens, where you require critical care, but the hospitals are loaded with these morons because they made an idiotic personal choice? This personal choice is only personal, until it isn't anymore. Until the spreading continues in a manner that leads to hospitalization and/or new variants emerge.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
And what if something happens, where you require critical care, but the hospitals are loaded with these morons because they made an idiotic personal choice? This personal choice is only personal, until it isn't anymore. Until the spreading continues in a manner that leads to hospitalization and/or new variants emerge.
I guess I deal with it if it happens. it is their choice. You think it is idiotic. Its not yours to decide for them.

What if a drunk driver hits you on the road tomorrow and you have no seat belt on. Both personal choices that lead to death of innocent people. I don't hear you bashing those things daily. My guess is where you live has more drunk driving deaths than Arkansas. Just a guess.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I guess I deal with it if it happens.

What if a drunk driver hits you on the road tomorrow and you have no seat belt on. Both personal choices that lead to death of innocent people. I don't hear you bashing those things daily. My guess is where you live has more drunk driving deaths than Arkansas. Just a guess.

The drunk driver, if they live, goes to jail for homicide.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Im glad I got vaxxed. So now I don't have to worry about other people being vaxxed. I'm also glad I don't think Im more superior than everybody else and get angry that people don't do what I tell them. I'm glad I don't rage for the machine.

What about the decisions that are likely going to be made as a consequence of their choice. Des Moines and KC schools already suggesting kids need to mask up for the up coming school start. Are Nebraska schools next? UNMC had their covid area full again.

Their decisions are not free from consequence for everyone else.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
What about the decisions that are likely going to be made as a consequence of their choice. Des Moines and KC schools already suggesting kids need to mask up for the up coming school start. Are Nebraska schools next? UNMC had their covid area full again.

Neither are many other choices people make but you don't get to decide for them. Just because you think it is stupidity.

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska

Honestly I don't know the perfect answer. I just think people should get vaccinated or wear a mask if they are worried about covid. I know my daughter still wears her mask because she isnt vaccinated yet. It's her choice and I support it. She wanted to get vaccinated at her JR. High physical but they told her to wait 2 months because she was getting other shots for school. I think the virus is going to be with us for a long time and we need to learn to live with it. I'm sure the vaccinations help but we have seen quite a bit latley that you can still get the virus while vaccinated.

Reactions: IM4NUalways

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Honestly I don't know the perfect answer. I just think people should get vaccinated or wear a mask if they are worried about covid. I know my daughter still wears her mask because she isnt vaccinated yet. It's her choice and I support it. She wanted to get vaccinated at her JR. High physical but they told her to wait 2 months because she was getting other shots for school. I think the virus is going to be with us for a long time and we need to learn to live with it. I'm sure the vaccinations help but we have seen quite a bit latley that you can still get the virus while vaccinated.

You can still get it, but with the vaccine you don't become a drain on other resources. If we got to that 80% vax range we could possibly have the real herd immunity.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
I guess I deal with it if it happens. it is their choice. You think it is idiotic. Its not yours to decide for them.

Ed Kemper, personal choices.
John Wayne Gacy, personal choices.
Jefferey Dahmer, personal choices.

Wow this is a whole new level of hyperindividualistic ideology.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

It's still a free world. Like the decision or not. It's a personal choice for people. You and others making fun of people really says more about you than people in Arkansas.

You have the right to make a choice, true....... but schools, offices, businesses, etc.... have the right to hold you accountable for that choice. Goes both ways doesn't it.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
Second hand smoke had adverse health issues for those around the smokers. Second hand covid creates health issues for those around them.

This is such a weak cop out. You know you got nothin when you play this card.
Well apparently that is what many posting on the open scrolls want. Follow the government lead or pay the price.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001

It's still a free world. Like the decision or not. It's a personal choice for people. You and others making fun of people really says more about you than people in Arkansas.
We are showing concern for the people. We have safe vaccines. They do not have to suffer or die. It is crazy not to get the vaccine.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Neither are many other choices people make but you don't get to decide for them. Just because you think it is stupidity.
So you're for a lawless society? Where does your freedom of choice draw the line? Murder? Rape? Incest? Abortion? Drunk Driving? Seat Belts? Motorcycle Helmets? Pot? Underage Drinking? Gay Marriage? How about vaccines that protect others from yourself?

I mean if we are truly free to choose... shouldn't we be free to make the choices we want to make without repercussions? Lets do this Mad Max!

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004

The unvaccinated people do have their choice, nobody is saying that. And I get to call their choice fcvking stupid. I also have my freedumbs.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Im glad I got vaxxed. So now I don't have to worry about other people being vaxxed. I'm also glad I don't think Im more superior than everybody else and get angry that people don't do what I tell them. I'm glad I don't rage for the machine.
If football gets cancelled or shortened like last year because of these dumbass anti vaxxers all of us who are vaccinated will be pissed, for good reason.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
Well apparently that is what many posting on the open scrolls want. Follow the government lead or pay the price.

Yea, that's how civilized society works...laws made by the governing body or face the consequences. Exactly zero people are advocating for complete and total government control. You're just being hyperbolic because you know your defense is dumb and have no better argument to make.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Not true... What I want is for people to make wise decisions that benefit not only themselves but man kind. I don't like a lot of laws, ordinances, etc... but I do my best to follow them especially if they impact others.

Covid shot. Didn't want to take it necessarily, but I wanted to return to normal, and be safe for others.

I think if you're old enough to die for our country you're old enough to drink. But nope.

I think pot should be legal in all states... Alcohol is and its far worse. But nope.

I hate wearing my seat belt... but its the law and it makes me safe and in return can save tax dollars

I want to fire my rifle in town... but nOOOO it's too loud and dangerous for others. geez

I want my kids to drive at 14... I've trained them well, but nope...F'n johnny law is out to get em.

See I can do this all day. We really aren't that free are we? Damnit!

In Fact. We are down the list when it comes to the whole freedom thing.. But we do have Freedumb locked up at number 1 im sure.

JSON
CountryFreedom RankPersonal Freedom IndexEconomic Freedom IndexHuman Freedom Index
New Zealand9.278.58.88
Switzerland9.248.48.82
Hong Kong8.78.918.81
Canada9.228.088.65
Australia9.168.078.62
Denmark9.247.898.56
Luxembourg9.267.868.56
Germany9.257.828.53
Finland9.277.88.53
Ireland8.98.138.52
Netherlands9.287.728.5
Sweden9.457.568.5
Austria9.257.718.48
United Kingdom8.858.098.47
United States8.728.19

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
Yea, that's how civilized society works...laws made by the governing body or face the consequences. Exactly zero people are advocating for complete and total government control. You're just being hyperbolic because you know your defense is dumb and have no better argument to make.
So you say......lol

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Show me one person on this board...or ANYWHERE for that matter...advocating that we should let the government 'tell us what's best in every way going forward' and I will concede.
I don’t even think that.