ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas announces improvements to Baum Stadium

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
Wow!!!

Haymarket Park is coming up on 20 years old now. What changes would you like to see to Hawks Field, if any?

Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
I want a dome.
Retractable preferably.
Like a huge retractable Omaha zoo desert dome or huge transparent biosphere (like the Simpson's movie).

We got an engineering department and B1G money. Make it happen.

Last edited:
Our amenities are atrocious. The money has been earmarked, but they shouldn't wait to make the improvements. We've fallen behind other schools in this region and it's a crying shame.

On another note, keep an eye on Omaha's new complex that includes turf.

Our amenities are atrocious. The money has been earmarked, but they shouldn't wait to make the improvements. We've fallen behind other schools in this region and it's a crying shame.

On another note, keep an eye on Omaha's new complex that includes turf.
Please clarify which amenities you mean. I’m quite sure UNO’s facilities are not and will not be better than UNL’s.

Amenities, as in but not limited to; locker-room, Gordon Center, lack of weight room, etc. We should have everything at Hawks; much bigger AG Center; weight room, plyo section, bumps to throw off of, full infield, more than 2 hitting tunnels, meeting rooms, etc. Our locker-room hasn't been touched, to my knowledge, since the complex opened. And if it has, someone should be fired. It's tough to say that too as I'm very appreciative/grateful for what Alex Gordon and his family donated to the baseball program.

For an athletic program like Nebraska, it's quite embarrassing how far back our amenities have fallen.

Omaha comment was specific to their turf field, not their overall facilities. My mistake for not being clearer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT