ADVERTISEMENT

Area codes off the helmets.

I coached jr high girls basketball for five years. I have had my fill of cool, cute gimmicky stuff in regard to apparel. Just go out and do your job well, in your regular uniform, please. The other stuff...the flare...nah. Smacks of 8th grade girls hoops!
Seriously. The amount of run that stuff gets on here that has nothing to do with blocking or tackling is nuts.

Practice jerseys, long hair, alt unis, area codes, white road pants, WHO CARES

Seriously. The amount of run that stuff gets on here that has nothing to do with blocking or tackling is nuts.

It does attract 16 year old boys and that happens to be who is going to win us a future championship. Sadly most adolescent football players do not look forward to being an unhappy, overweight, middle aged male who lives in small town nebraska. We need more of those type of guys.

I didn't even notice they were removed from the helmets on Saturday... Not a big deal IMO
Nope, I have always said I don't care what colors we wear, I don't care what traditions we keep or get rid of. That stuff is minor when it comes to winning and losing. All I care about is seeing Nebraska back on top. I don't care what little things we do or don't do along the way.

Speak for yourself :mad:... some of these topics matter more than other topics..

Hope they stay off personally.
Noticed it right away on the TV broadcast. At first I thought I was seeing things when they were gone. Wonder what the reversal in thinking was? To me I don't care one way or the other - it's whatever the players want regarding area codes IMO.

Noticed it right away on the TV broadcast. At first I thought I was seeing things when they were gone. Wonder what the reversal in thinking was? To me I don't care one way or the other - it's whatever the players want regarding area codes IMO.

It really shouldn't matter what the players want. They should wear the uniform proudly.

Reactions: huskersdewclaw
This is an attention driven industry. How many kids do not even know whether we are huskies or huskers? The more we get our name out there the more likely we will attract kids we want...dorky little gimmicks gets our name in the forefront while we rebuild...once people know the difference between Northwestern and Nebraska we can worry about just doing business.

This is an attention driven industry. How many kids do not even know whether we are huskies or huskers? The more we get our name out there the more likely we will attract kids we want...dorky little gimmicks gets our name in the forefront while we rebuild...once people know the difference between Northwestern and Nebraska we can worry about just doing business.

Need to start mailing out corn on the cob scratch and sniff stickers.

Coach Frost said it was his decision. Wouldn't elaborate from there

Reactions: scarletred
So, everyone is okay with pro football players having their college on the helmet, but not area codes on college players? Seems if those former huskers are concerned with “team” in the NFL, they wouldn’t do an I move and put huskers there, they’d put their team.
Man... I hate the Niners, but those are some great Huskers. I tell you what.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT