ADVERTISEMENT

Are you proud of this team?

Dfrg

Sep 15, 2022
All we hear from Trev is how he is so proud of certain players, the team, and coaches of this losing team. When will we get leadership not willing to accept being this bad and saying how “proud” they are of it.
Trev gives me Ben Sasse vibes in that I would vote no confidence.

All we hear from Trev is how he is so proud of certain players, the team, and coaches of this losing team. When will we get leadership not willing to accept being this bad and saying how “proud” they are of it.
What's he supposed to say, that he's highly disappointed in his team?

baMRvzt.gif

Reactions: BleedRed78
Poor baby, parents must have told you how proud they weren't of you.

Trev has handled this season the corresponding communication quite well. Massive transition year and it all started significantly sooner than anyone had hoped.
You mean it happened last year when it was clear this was terrible? Yet trev allowed it to get even worse?

Reactions: oldjar07
Like any good leader, you never throw your team under a bus in public. Always tell the public something positive and address your feelings and concerns about the team privately. That's what good leaders do.

Is there really much else to say right now? We can all see what's going on. I doubt anything big will happen for a while so....it is what it is.

Yes. The effort is there. You can blame the coaches and skill level of the group but you have to be proud of kids clearly putting in max effort on game day. In years past when we have had seasons this bad the team has completely given up.

The defense played hard to the end. That is all anyone can ask.

Reactions: ssmill777
Any more brilliant insights, Frank?

Reactions: Baxter48 and WHCSC
I'm not proud of how crappy the team (program) is, but I am proud of the players because none of them left when the coach that recruited them got fired.

Reactions: Yantzeee
I'm proud of how the defense today continued to fight even when all was pretty much lost. I'm proud of how the offense almost outscored Purdue even when they had the ball less than half the amount of time as they did. Yes, I'm proud of the kids who make up this team for always giving 100%.

There trying really, really hard …

cue the music …

Next time your found with your chin on the ground
There's a lot to be learned so look around
Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes
So any time your gettin' low 'stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant, oops there goes another rubber tree plant
(Oops there goes another rubber tree plant)
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

You bet I’m proud of this team, they could have thrown in the towel after frost was fired, give Mickey credit for installing confidence

Can’t blame the kids. The roster is what it is - flawed. Some kids can ball. But the difference in Ill and NU was nicely illustrated by the third down battle between Brewington and one of their safeties. He just needed to fall forward to move the sticks and the Ill kid just discarded him.
Bitch about Whipple if you want. But when Thompson went out, he was in duct tape and baling wire land against an athletic, disciplined defense. Hard to commit to the run when you are down two scores and the yardage is hard to come by on the ground.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Any more brilliant insights, Frank?
Nebraska doesn’t perform like this. This is unacceptable. As long as I am in charge we won’t do this. I have been here for almost two full seasons and am tired of losing almost every game. It’s starts with me and I’m as culpable of this mess as anyone.

is what trev should be saying

Nah. Worst Nebraska team I've ever seen. You fools keep drinking the Kool aid and keep that sell out streak alive 💩💩💩

Proud is a weird word for fans. I respect players for putting their body on the line and working hard for Nebraska, but as a fan you want to see wins. There are no moral victories in high level college football. We are a 3-5 team that will probably finish with a losing record. That isn't acceptable.

Reactions: HuskerLegion
ADVERTISEMENT