• Yes they We’re being played

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No they’ll vote to have football

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • The big 10 suck post Jim Delaney

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think its more likely its as others have said and they will only vote if they know they have the votes to overturn.

Reactions: TheBeav815
D) All of the above
If I had to pick one yes, some Presidents and Chancellors are playing the game
Playing with the futures of student athletes, their own employees including coaches, of course fans, etc
This pandemic has shown all of us the worst and best aspects of humanity
You see people for who they are
For what it’s worth I give credit to Nebraskans for standing up to this charade

Interestingly enough:

I work at a certain school here in the BIG for COVID reasons and a certain group of football players that have arrived are angry to have to be here, saying they’d probably have to miss the first week of practice because they are playing football this year.

So, that’s something

this is the future egghead dickbags who spent their entire lives upside down with their lunch money coming out of their pockets have been dreaming of. academia and football are oil & water.

F*ck each and every person in charge of this conference and their schools, Green included. this will never ever happen once The Rock takes over as commissioner of minor league football.

Nebraska, ohio state and iowa, should just play each other and teams from other conferences.
and the presidents from the other big schools should have to sit in their empty stadium during cancel game times, and wear a dress, at the 50 yard line....on national tv

No.

It's obvious that there are real differences of opinion, and the conference leadership isn't competent enough to bridge those gaps.

Reactions: headcard
Interestingly enough:

I work at a certain school here in the BIG for COVID reasons and a certain group of football players that have arrived are angry to have to be here, saying they’d probably have to miss the first week of practice because they are playing football this year.

So, that’s something
throne-of-lies.gif

My guess, they are stalling. They want (hope) to see a huge rise in cases at schools that have been playing and that will be their "Get out of playing" free card.
IF that were the case, the SOLUTION IS: Have teams resume full contact practices in preparation to play so that they're ready to go if things look good. Full pad practices, testing and what happens in other conferences are going to tell you shortly if there's going to be problems. Right now I believe the vast majority of guys would be very happy to be out there smacking somebody even if it's just teammates. Yeah drills and regular practices were a drag but man I loved full contact scrimmage time in practice. I didn't care if the guy on the other side was somebody I knew. Some of the hardest hits I took and dealed out were in practice. Had a buddy knock me out on a blind side ear hole tackle one time. We laughed about it for years. You HAVE to love to play the game no matter who's on the other side of the LOS.

Get the guys up to speed then it's relatively easy to say "okay things look good we're starting in 2 weeks." That's plenty of time to make travel arrangements with today's situation. They do it for conference championship games all the time.

is the big 10 just playing Nebraska and never intended to have another vote?
I think that is 100% what is happening. I don't think they anticipated the backlash they would face after canceling the season. They needed a way to calm the masses. Saying they will revote with the potential to reinstate the season was a great way to do that. Now all they have to do his keep having "meeting" and make it look like they are trying to get it done. Do this for another week and it will be to late to start the season. Then they can say something like, we really tried to get this done but we were on to short of timeline. Yes they will still face heat, but I don't think it will be a severe.

I don't have an opinion at this time. But if they do vote to play and NU gets all road games...or majority anyway.... I would say retaliation. I honestly don't see that happening because that would be too obvious.

Instead they'll probably give us OSU, michigan, Penn State, wisconsin, Iowa, Minn, etc. Honestly I don't see that either just making a point. More likely 6 division games +2..... OSU and Penn State!

I think we play, I hope 10/10 but they'll **** things up just enough to make it 10/17. We play an 8 game conference only schedule with 4 teams opting out.

I really think the Big Ten bow ties, along with those from the PAC 12, thought the other conferences were going to fall in line, much the way things played out when the conference basketball tournaments were canceled. And even if the SEC broke ranks, that was easy enough for them to dismiss in sanctimonious fashion. Since that didn’t happen they’ve had to scramble to find a way to reverse course while also rationalizing how their original decision to move football to spring was of course right all along. Admitting they jumped the gun would have been quicker but would have bruised too many egos.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT