ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any assistants you would want to retain?

Oct 7, 2012
If Frost were to be fired… Fisher and Dawson, Tuioti at least have the resume to be considered. Anyone you’d want to stay?

I honestly think SF gets another year... Doesn’t deserve it, but the fact that the journalists are still tossing him softballs, not writing about firing him means he still has North Stadium in his corner, at least for now. We will see if that holds throughout the year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Tuioti and Fisher.

I would say Chinander as well, but likely not as a DC. Dependent on what the new head coach would want.

After the Chris Petersen thread came about, I could MAYBE see Lubick being retained if Petersen came on board since they worked together at Washington.

If Petersen came on board by some miracle, I would hope he could steal back Kwiatkowski from Texas to be the DC.

Also, maybe Bill Busch as a full time assistant role / recruiting wunderkind.

But honestly, it would be up to the next head coach. Blow it all up and bring on what staff he wants. If any of those coaches stuck around, I would hope it was because all parties actually thought they would work well together.

Sadly, the O side is so bad it makes people consider keeping Chinander. Ask yourself if he would be kept anywhere else.

Reactions: CBOYZ CAT
Fisher for sure, as well as most of defensive. I dare even say Chinander.

Not. A. Single. Offensive. Assistant. Or. Coach.
You could get me on board with firing Frost right now and making Chins interim coach. Give me Austin and Lubick coordinating in the interim to see what they can do with a year of Frost not f***ing up the play calling. Verduzco can F off and bring in basically any former QB grad assistant, you couldn't get a worse product at the position.

If Held couldn't recruit I'd say get him out of here yesterday too. He signs rated kids but my God he can't coach a lick. Our RBs are useless. They got 6 of em and yet they don't have 1.

If that situation doesn't yield progress, clean house. You're not getting a hot coach to come in here if you're telling him "these are the assistants you need to keep."

None of it matters, our recruiting is going to be dead in the water the more B1G losses that pile up in embarrassing fashion. They're all living on borrowed time.

Even though its a .1% chance we would get Peterson you let him hire whoever the eff he wants.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I haven't seen anything that makes me say Greg Austin or Ryan held should be retained.

Look. IF hcsf is fired I expect new HC won't want anybody from the old regime AND that's their right.
I definatly have no problem with a top flight coach replacing whoever they want...
I just have a problem with frost and our qb coach..
I don't really blame our o-line coach, cause he's trying to pass block and run block at the same time,
and if your qb can't hit a pass, and the defense crowds the line because of it....you put them in a no win situation.

it's like asking someone to fight ali, but lets chop one of their arms off before the fight..
you lose a arm and ask the other arm to do twice the work.

I definatly have no problem with a top flight coach replacing whoever they want...
I just have a problem with frost and our qb coach..
I don't really blame our o-line coach, cause he's trying to pass block and run block at the same time,
and if your qb can't hit a pass, and the defense crowds the line because of it....you put them in a no win situation.

it's like asking someone to fight ali, but lets chop one of their arms off before the fight..
you lose a arm and ask the other arm to do twice the work.
WHAT? Have you really watched a game, I mean really watch what each player group is doing? There is absolutely NO WAY the O line is being coached and performing close to expectations. I am not defending Adrian but we just watch how quickly the pocket collapses around him. Our RB is hit at or behind the line and has zero opportunity to get started. It is the lineman job to run and pass block, just do it.

Yes, I am shaking my head in disbelief of this post.

WHAT? Have you really watched a game, I mean really watch what each player group is doing? There is absolutely NO WAY the O line is being coached and performing close to expectations. I am not defending Adrian but we just watch how quickly the pocket collapses around him. Our RB is hit at or behind the line and has zero opportunity to get started. It is the lineman job to run and pass block, just do it.

Yes, I am shaking my head in disbelief of this post.

take a look at martinez's passing ability, and the opposing defense crowding the line as a result..
in a passing offense you need a qb that can pass and back the defense off, which allows the run game to open up.

take a look at martinez's passing ability, and the opposing defense crowding the line as a result..
in a passing offense you need a qb that can pass and back the defense off, which allows the run game to open up.
Well duh, this is not a news flash that Adrian is not the greatest passer. I am amazed that Nebraska ever won anything meaningful in the 90's when teams knew we were going to run every dang down and rarely pass. And when we did pass, we usually had a 50% passer at best with about as many TD's as INT's. It all, and I mean ALL starts up front. If you can't block, there is always someone in your face, you get happy feet trying to find a passing lane, and stepping up in the pocket is impossible.

As much as Adrian carried the ball and with the number of awkward hits he took Saturday, we will see a back up in soon enough and then all heck is going to break loose. Another point you are missing is IF we could run that ball it would take the pressure off the passing game and open it up but we can't do that either because our GUYS CANNOT BLOCK!

Reactions: beaglehusker
Austin and OC need to go, yesterday. Bring back TO to call plays and hire the best OL coach money can buy, and who you can convince to help this sinking ship. Desperate times call for Desperate measures.

It is probably not going to happen, but if for some reason our offense finally came alive we can compete. Our is alright. Is it elite? No, but I actually felt like we have improved again. Tannor looked decent as well as the D-Line and I really think if the momentum would have stayed with Nebraska that we would have probably shut them down. The Tannor penalty and the strip and score of Martinez doomed our momentum. Not making excuses because we are not a good football team and our coaching put us in that spot, but I actually liked what I saw from the D. They are a solid group, just need some help.

Ok my previous post in this thread wasn't really what the op was asking. My response was as if the question was do you think any coaches would be retained vs do you want any to be retained if HC change.

I've seen enough on offense that I wouldn't keep any of them. Defense, I have not seen enough from tuioti but I'm not impressed enough with the rest to not think there aren't better position coaches out there. Chinander is growing but I think there's better. We've spent big time money on this staff to get on the job training.

Dang I guess my answer turned out the same

I'd prefer a whole new staff, some of the coaches might be alright and some groups have shown some improvement. That being said I don't know if there is a guy on that staff that I feel is so good you couldn't find a better replacement for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT