ADVERTISEMENT

Are Fidone Threads Allowed

Maybe we should start using the tight end as promised...
Promised?

I would say A) We use them more than you probably think, or at least as much as other B1G teams thought of as “TE schools”. Go compare Stoll’s receptions to Iowa and Michigan’s guys. B) We don’t exactly have a guy like Fidone on the roster. When Frost has that guy at UCF, the TE was a big part of things.

yeah, I was pretty confident Iowa wasn’t ever going to get Thomas Fidone. Plus side for Iowa is, you guys are good to go at TE regardless and will land some solid prospect/s anyways. So it’s a win/win for everyone.
Iowa I believe gave up on Fidone months ago and have been hard after Gunner Helm, however it sounds like a few 247 crystal ball forecasts have Helm committing to Texas. Since they are pretty much set at TE the next couple years I don't think it would be a crusher to lose Fidone or Helm. I could see them converting Brody Brecht from a big WR to a TE, which is what they did with George Kittle, and I believe Frost did with a kid down at UCF.

LSU is a big time offer. When looking at a NC program or b2b2b losing season program. It seems like a no brainer. However, he and his family are big husker fans and he has admitted he loved them growing up. Again when looking and LSU TE depth. They just signed the number 5 player in the country #1 TE in the 2020 class. With 2 already on roster.
We have 5 I believe with Stoll and Bubak graduating . Allen, Rafdal ,and Vokolek will be seniors next year. Basically leaving Fidone as a potential 4 years starter.

Any crappy school can say that he'd be a potential starter for four years. I can't really see that being a selling point. Frost needs to sell his offensive plan. Of course, winning would do wonders, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT