Are Dems always bad to right-wingers?

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
A serious question for our posters most likely to type "demonrat," "pravda", or who just want to "own the libs." Do you know any democrats in real life? What do you think of them?

As a teenager during the 90's while growing up in Gothenburg, there was only one house that I can remember sporting Democratic party election signs. They were good people...wife was a nurse and the family owned Case IH dealerships in Gothenburg and North Platte.

Their son was in my younger brother's class in school, and has been in the military for over 20 years. He married a nice Baltic girl that he met overseas.

Their daughter scored 36 on the ACT as a 7th grader, and went the US Naval Academy before getting her PhD.

So, for bob, hosek, oldschool, nordakhusker, jw3, and the like, is this family evil due to voting for Democrats?

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
A serious question for our posters most likely to type "demonrat," "pravda", or who just want to "own the libs." Do you know any democrats in real life? What do you think of them?

As a teenager during the 90's while growing up in Gothenburg, there was only one house that I can remember sporting Democratic party election signs. They were good people...wife was a nurse and the family owned Case IH dealerships in Gothenburg and North Platte.

Their son was in my younger brother's class in school, and has been in the military for over 20 years. He married a nice Baltic girl that he met overseas.

Their daughter scored 36 on the ACT as a 7th grader, and went the US Naval Academy before getting her PhD.

So, for bob, hosek, oldschool, nordakhusker, jw3, and the like, is this family evil due to voting for Democrats?
My dad was a Democrat. That was back in the day where Democrats appealed to blue collar workers. Had my Dad seen what the party has become, he would have changed his party affiliation quick.
But some people will be Democrats till the day they die, just like the southern Democrats that didn’t switch parties. Those racist Democrats still won’t change parties, they’re racist Democrats till the end.

• Haha
Reactions: stevehammer

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

Democrats are always nice people and well educated. Republicans, particuliarly Trumpers, wear wife beaters and say "dem" a lot.

As in: "Dems nice lookin' wife beaters. Didjuh gettum' at Wal-mart?"

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
My dad was a Democrat. That was back in the day where Democrats appealed to blue collar workers. Had my Dad seen what the party has become, he would have changed his party affiliation quick.
But some people will be Democrats till the day they die, just like the southern Democrats that didn’t switch parties. Those racist Democrats still won’t change parties, they’re racist Democrats till the end.
Good point. Abraham Lincoln would have switched to Democrat had he seen what the Republicans did to his party.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Good point. Abraham Lincoln would have switched to Democrat had he seen what the Republicans did to his party.
Well, there is the conspiracy theory that he was a closeted fruit, so you might be right, but something tells me that Lincoln wouldn’t be out there in chaps, walking down the street in a gay pride parade with children watching the hedonism.
But sadly, no, you would be mistaken. You can tell from his writings and speeches that he would never have been a racist Democrat. He founded the party on equality, and there’s nothing equal about the Democrat party’s policies. His entire premise was to keep the Union together, so he would have condemned the Democrats’ tactics to tear this country apart.
The one thing I’m not convinced about is whether he would have still supported reparations 200 years after the abolition of slavery. I wonder if he would have still supported 40 acres and a mule in today’s world.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
They might be but they vote repub now, can't even argue that
I argue that all the time. It’s funny how you’re so ashamed of the Democrat Party’s past that you have to look to Lincoln in order to feel better about your association with a racist party.
“I’m part of the Nazi party right now, and I call myself a dedicated Nazi, but no, they switched sides 50 years ago, and the other side’s founder is my hero now”. That just sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it?

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Dems are really no different than the pubs, there’s a line of reasonable that if they cross they get super fvcking annoying all around but as long as they stay reasonably moderate it doesn’t matter. Just like republicans, the second they cross that election conspiracy/trump is great line gtfo, you’re too far gone to have a conversation with.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Your big switch crusade is both odd and on par with flat earth guy.

RedHour

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2008
Democrats are always nice people and well educated. Republicans, particuliarly Trumpers, wear wife beaters and say "dem" a lot.

Ah, yes, republicans are stupid in your opinion but at least they know the difference between a male and a female. It's science.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
You're the ones trying to rewrite history. The only big switch I see is that Democrats are for big business, Wall Street and big pharma when they claimed to not be. That's the REAL big switch.
No one is rewriting history. The Southern Strategy is a well documented thing. The Democrats in the south were the founders of the KKK. It’s simply history and the names Democrat and Republican are more historical tradition. Each respective platforms have changed many times in the last 150 years.

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
Half of my family are democrats. I respect all but one of them. The one I don't respect is a racist. He hates whites.

Not sure what the point the OP is trying to make.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I argue that all the time. It’s funny how you’re so ashamed of the Democrat Party’s past that you have to look to Lincoln in order to feel better about your association with a racist party.
“I’m part of the Nazi party right now, and I call myself a dedicated Nazi, but no, they switched sides 50 years ago, and the other side’s founder is my hero now”. That just sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it?
except it actually happened 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: philosophusker

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
No one is rewriting history. The Southern Strategy is a well documented thing. The Democrats in the south were the founders of the KKK. It’s simply history and the names Democrat and Republican are more historical tradition. Each respective platforms have changed many times in the last 150 years.
Well no doubt. I’m sure Jefferson was concerned about internet security back then...
But the principles remain grounded. The framers gave us a document that we should preserve, and those freedoms are being eroded by the Democrat party that wants to shred the Constitution.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
no it didn't, society just hid it better
So which law are you going to pass to make people less racist?
Conservatives understand that man is flawed, and each of us carry our own prejudices. The point of law is to protect individuals, not change individuals. Someone else is racist, who cares. We used to have the idea that we can live in a society that is color blind, but libs keep shoving racism down our throats so we have to have black dorms, black cafeterias, and black drinking fountains. I’ll let you choose which century I’m talking about, because as you can see, Democrat segregation has never been “switched” to a different party.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Sounds like the family in the op were serial killers that traveled to get their victims.

Reactions: Jaemekon

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
I would probably be considered a "democrat", or liberal. I don't vote, so I'm probably not a democrat. I would have voted maybe on the last election, but who do I vote for?

I just hate anyone who is trying to censor people, cancel people, force ideas at me, or try to make me care about something (I have very little sympathy energy).

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I would probably be considered a "democrat", or liberal. I don't vote, so I'm probably not a democrat. I would have voted maybe on the last election, but who do I vote for?

I just hate anyone who is trying to censor people, cancel people, force ideas at me, or try to make me care about something (I have very little sympathy energy).
You're a conflicted soul....

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
So which law are you going to pass to make people less racist?
Conservatives understand that man is flawed, and each of us carry our own prejudices. The point of law is to protect individuals, not change individuals. Someone else is racist, who cares. We used to have the idea that we can live in a society that is color blind, but libs keep shoving racism down our throats so we have to have black dorms, black cafeterias, and black drinking fountains. I’ll let you choose which century I’m talking about, because as you can see, Democrat segregation has never been “switched” to a different party.
Nice deflection from "No big switch"

D E R P

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Nice deflection from "No big switch"

D E R P
I'm showing you the only switches that have happened. It's not a deflection - the principles are the same. Republicans are rooted in the principles codified by the Constitution. Democrats are driven by the principles of its founding - racism, destruction, segregation, separation. All of those principles are alive and well in the Democrat party, you just can't see it since you're inside the forest.

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I have many democrat friends, most of them happen to be women & their husbands are republicans, it's certainly an interesting dynamic... Politics are not the end all be all of my friendships though & generally we don't discuss those things because we like to have an enjoyable time together lol

I am registered republican, but I'm not tied to that party that tightly at all, if the democrats could come up with a candidate that would cross party lines on some issues/be more middle of the road & have some common sense I would absolutely vote for them. For example, I probably would've voted for Tulsi Gabbard, I disagree with her on many issues, but she is genuine & seems like a person who could be worked with & won't go tribal once in office....

However I don't see either party ever actually nominating that kind of candidate any longer, it's all so "team" based & tribal now that only someone completely blowing it up could possibly make any progress. I thought Trump might do it, but he only divided the parties further. I'd love to see a 3rd party get elected at this point....

Reactions: countrybob

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
However I don't see either party ever actually nominating that kind of candidate any longer, it's all so "team" based & tribal now that only someone completely blowing it up could possibly make any progress. I thought Trump might do it, but he only divided the parties further. I'd love to see a 3rd party get elected at this point....
💯

Reactions: huskerfan_12_05

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001

Can’t imagine why someone would take offense to this line of thinking.

Reactions: Oldschool1964

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002

Not necessarily evil the dad seems confused to who buys his equipment as it sure isn’t democrats. I live in America and have to associate with people who are supporting communism and sometimes I have to be civil but I sure as hell won’t break bread with them.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house

I think for the most part, conservatives in-person are going to be some of the most kind, genuine, humble people you'll ever meet.

Now let's look at Democrats. You've got one good example right here:

Now, how would YOU respond if someone called you a racist, sexist, homophobe, uneducated, etc just for holding a different political position?

Reactions: lipem and Bobfather

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
Well, there is the conspiracy theory that he was a closeted fruit, so you might be right, but something tells me that Lincoln wouldn’t be out there in chaps, walking down the street in a gay pride parade with children watching the hedonism.
But sadly, no, you would be mistaken. You can tell from his writings and speeches that he would never have been a racist Democrat. He founded the party on equality, and there’s nothing equal about the Democrat party’s policies. His entire premise was to keep the Union together, so he would have condemned the Democrats’ tactics to tear this country apart.
The one thing I’m not convinced about is whether he would have still supported reparations 200 years after the abolition of slavery. I wonder if he would have still supported 40 acres and a mule in today’s world.
You are a complete asshole, ya know. You call Lincoln a fruit and then go on to call Democrats racists. So, here's a homophobe who voted for the racist President calling Democrats racist... what the **** are you smoking, man?

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
You are a complete asshole, ya know. You call Lincoln a fruit and then go on to call Democrats racists. So, here's a homophobe who voted for the racist President calling Democrats racist... what the **** are you smoking, man?
You’re upset because I stated a conspiracy theory that I said I didn’t agree with? Are you offended about something that might have called into question the sexuality of a president that has been dead for 200 years? Are you a homophobe?
Don’t bring your fake outrage and virtue signaling in here. This isn’t your dorm buddies that all virtue signal back to you when you all fake your outrage about the latest victim.