ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Golic sr. out at ESPN...

Pushed out. Read that this is the replacement:

In the mornings, it has thrown together a trio with Keyshawn Johnson, Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti as its new show that begins in mid-August. It hopes it does better than “Golic & Wingo,” which will have its final program at the end of this month

Pushed out. Read that this is the replacement:

In the mornings, it has thrown together a trio with Keyshawn Johnson, Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti as its new show that begins in mid-August. It hopes it does better than “Golic & Wingo,” which will have its final program at the end of this month
If Jay Williams is the guy who helped fill in for dan Patrick last week I'll take a pass.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
This is probably for the best. I enjoy Golic, but always thought it should just be him and his son after Greeny screwed him over. His show with Wingo is not very good as the chemistry isn't there and Wingo is bad.
I’m confused on how Greeney “ screwed him”.... not a harsh question at all..just curious

I’m confused on how Greeney “ screwed him”.... not a harsh question at all..just curious

The two had been together on their show for 17 years. Golic would have let that thing ride forever. Greeney was working behind the scenes to advance his career with ESPN through new projects. Golic felt betrayed, like he was a big part of Greenies success and was owed the courtesy of being told of Greenies ambitions instead of being blindsided by the news. So, while Greenie could thrive apart from Golic, Golic could not succeed at the same level without Greenie. Their initial pairing was unlikely, but it somehow worked really well. It's like a break up where one party is happy to move on and the other party wants to maintain the status quo. Tough deal, but he had a good run at the top.

Disappointing to hear. Golic has been a part of my morning routine for many years & I've always enjoyed his perspective. I’d agree that the morning show went a bit downhill but I don’t think Golic was necessarily the reason for that.

Disappointing to hear. Golic has been a part of my morning routine for many years & I've always enjoyed his perspective. I’d agree that the morning show went a bit downhill but I don’t think Golic was necessarily the reason for that.
They had this Odd Couple factor that worked. For you youngsters , that was a sitcom from the 70s

This is probably for the best. I enjoy Golic, but always thought it should just be him and his son after Greeny screwed him over. His show with Wingo is not very good as the chemistry isn't there and Wingo is bad.

Couldn’t agree more about Wingo...just annoying. I loved Mike & Mike, but now I barely watch/listen(even before Covid) to Golic & Wingo. Mike Jr doesn’t do a whole lot for me either honestly.

I think it's still the best radio sports talk on show on the air. "Greeny" was just annoying. He was a know it all who didn't know much. Can't stand the guy. I get so tiired of talking heads who don't know sh## about football lecturing us. I love the perspective the Golic's bring to the table on that show and Wingo I think can be pretty funny. He knows enough to stay out of the way of Golic and let him carry it. Stupid move by ESPN IMO. My suspicion is that they weren't sucking up to BLM enough. Every other show on ESPN has turned in to a daily lecture on how we're supposed to view everything from a race perspective.

I think it's still the best radio sports talk on show on the air. "Greeny" was just annoying. He was a know it all who didn't know much. Can't stand the guy. I get so tiired of talking heads who don't know sh## about football lecturing us. I love the perspective the Golic's bring to the table on that show and Wingo I think can be pretty funny. He knows enough to stay out of the way of Golic and let him carry it. Stupid move by ESPN IMO. My suspicion is that they weren't sucking up to BLM enough. Every other show on ESPN has turned in to a daily lecture on how we're supposed to view everything from a race perspective.

I agree with you on Greeny, but that was the great part of the Mike and Mike show. Golic would light up Greeny for being a pussy. I am not a fan of Golic and Wingo and would like it to be Golic Sr & Jr together as they are comical. In the grand scheme of things, he is an old white guy who is not woke enough. ESPN continues to get worse with its new shows. Wouldn't surprise me at all if "The Six" came back or something like it because of our current political climate. Sports radio used to take up a ton of my day, but there are so many good Podcasts now that the likes of ESPN, Fox, NBC SPorts, etc and their morning shows just don't have the same appeal to me and I think a lot of others are the same way.

I agree with you on Greeny, but that was the great part of the Mike and Mike show. Golic would light up Greeny for being a pussy. I am not a fan of Golic and Wingo and would like it to be Golic Sr & Jr together as they are comical. In the grand scheme of things, he is an old white guy who is not woke enough. ESPN continues to get worse with its new shows. Wouldn't surprise me at all if "The Six" came back or something like it because of our current political climate. Sports radio used to take up a ton of my day, but there are so many good Podcasts now that the likes of ESPN, Fox, NBC SPorts, etc and their morning shows just don't have the same appeal to me and I think a lot of others are the same way.
It's really not possible for me to listen to podcasts during my daytime activities. Wingo isn't the greatest radio guy but he doesn't have to be. He's the straight man. Greeny wanted to be THE show and he just wasn't. Candy ass know it all. Of course, I love listening to older athletes tell real stories about people we all know. It's like sitting at a sports bar with a buddy who played with multiple stars over the years.

Mike and Mike was the only show I ever bothered to watch on ESPN. When they broke them up I tried both new shows they were on, didn't care for either and really haven't watched ESPN since. Other than the live sports, nothing on that network is good at all.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
It's pretty well known that Wingo doesn't like doing the morning radio show and wanted off. And ESPN is constantly cutting costs so it's no surprise Golic Sr. is being shown the door as have so many long time personalities.

Mike and Mike was the only show I ever bothered to watch on ESPN. When they broke them up I tried both new shows they were on, didn't care for either and really haven't watched ESPN since. Other than the live sports, nothing on that network is good at all.
I wasn't real crazy about Golic and Wingo but it grew on me very quickly.

The way it’s trending with likely no fall sports ESPN is in big trouble. Look I get to political on this board and I’m trying to restrain because it a sports board, but ESPN has really gone overboard political. I called dish The day wanted to reduce bill because ESPN was showing nothing but reruns I didn’t make any progress

ESPN has been showing eagles concerts in the evening! Wtf. I also am looking to get rid of dish when my contract is up. I really only have it for sports.

It's really not possible for me to listen to podcasts during my daytime activities. Wingo isn't the greatest radio guy but he doesn't have to be. He's the straight man. Greeny wanted to be THE show and he just wasn't. Candy ass know it all. Of course, I love listening to older athletes tell real stories about people we all know. It's like sitting at a sports bar with a buddy who played with multiple stars over the years.

Green doing his shtick for that long was more than overplayed. We get it...you are not a tough guy...we get it...you love to talk about how you are not a tough guy.

I actually agree with this...I was ok with Greenie leaving...and I have NOT hated Wingo....we'll see what happens next!

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I'll tell ya a show that has completely fallen off the cliff, and that's PTI. Used to he my fave, now I cannot spend two minutes watching that hot garbage.

Golic was great in the booth. Here he is in a 3-man booth doing commentary with Bill Curry...

ESPN is part of the Evil Empire of Disney... Disney is all about radical liberalism and will not tolerate anyone who does not tote that line. This goes back to Schilling and further. Disney needs to get rid of conservative voice in the morning and replace it with the liberal voice. Greenie fit that bill perfectly and was able to keep Golic on the air. No more Liberal voice, no more show...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT