ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies and crow eating time..

And we got SE because our Board trusted Perlman, who had no clue about how major college athletics works and apparently little to no understanding of the personality traits that drive most people who get into D1 coaching and athletic administration. Perlman attended UNL lawschool (top student), went straight to a teaching fellowship at UofChicago, which ought to tell you something about his personality traits if you are familiar with UofChicago - brilliant people, mind you. then back to UNL as a lawschool professor, then to VA law school as a law school professor, then back to UNL as Dean of law school, then Chancellor of UNL. Is it any wonder he trusted some egghead brainiac with no social skills to run our athletic department? Harvey may have been doing what he thought was right for the University, but is there anything at all in his background that would give any hint that he would have half a clue what kind of person it takes to successfully run a major D1 athletic program? Perlman's whole world of experiences is so limited that it is not surprising he thought some egghead outside the box thinking lawyer with almost no interpersonal skills and few contacts throughout the D1 social structure could run a major athletic department from behind his desk out of the view of the public and be successful. I am hoping against hope we have now left behind for good the dark era of modern athletics at UNL (outside of volleyball, which was on cruise control long before Perlman showed up, fortunately).

Reactions: davecisar
This is my first season as a poster on any board. Nobody has blasted me (thanks) and I could have been called out for waffling from one side to the other and say some stupid stuff at times. I assumed it was because I was a newby and the bashing was for the most part just friendly banter. Between long time posters. I thought it was great entertainment. So I am a little surprised how genuinely divided you veteran posters have been judging by your apologies.. I kind of hope that passion is not unique to the last few years. I am looking forward to heated discussions about how great Scott Frost is doing

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is my first season as a poster on any board. Nobody has blasted me (thanks) and I could have been called out for waffling from one side to the other and say some stupid stuff at times. I assumed it was because I was a newby and the bashing was for the most part just friendly banter. Between long time posters. I thought it was great entertainment. So I am a little surprised how genuinely divided you veteran posters have been judging by your apologies.. I kind of hope that passion is not unique to the last few years. I am looking forward to heated discussions about how great Scott Frost is doing

I split my time between 3 boards. Its kind of interesting seeing the different dynamics. This is my newest one as the others I have been on for years. This is probably the middle line between the thee and much more pleasant. Because the other two seem either to the left or right there are much more arguments as they take it to the extreme.

Reactions: Camcon2016
I split my time between 3 boards. Its kind of interesting seeing the different dynamics. This is my newest one as the others I have been on for years. This is probably the middle line between the thee and much more pleasant. Because the other two seem either to the left or right there are much more arguments as they take it to the extreme.
It has become middle of the road over the last month or so. Before that any mention of running the ball, Tom Osborne, walk-ons, tradition, and sell-out streak was met with full-force derision.

Reactions: oldjar07
It has become middle of the road over the last month or so. Before that any mention of running the ball, Tom Osborne, walk-ons, tradition, and sell-out streak was met with full-force derision.
Only with certain posters.

To suggest this is the case board wide is not true at all in my opinion.

Only with certain posters.

To suggest this is the case board wide is not true at all in my opinion.
Of course every poster didn't comment. That would be one long thread! But the tenor of the board was not to talk about those things mentioned above positively. Maybe others believed it but didn't want to mention things like Osborne or run the ball or walk-ons or Riley's struggles because "some" would go off. It is more balanced now.

Board slut.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT