ADVERTISEMENT

aOSU v Clemson

Take off your Big goggles....he launched and led with helmet and hit the qb in the head. That would have been roughing before the targeting rule ever came into effect. Dudes a dumbass....
That was NOT targeting, defender went in text book towards chest ( did NOT launch) Lawrence lowered his head.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Dude lowered his head and led with the crown. Easy call.
He did not lower his head and lead with the crown, give me break, now you're just imagining things. The fronts of their helmets hit, mostly because Lawrence saw the hit coming and started to curl up to take the hit.

Reactions: cubsker
Take off whatever you are wearing. There was no launch, that's laughable. You are imagining things now. He was running fast, is about 5 inches shorter than Lawrence. Simple physics dictates there's almost no way their helmets wouldn't have touched. That's the problem in these situations. People watch the replays in slow motion, see helmets hit and think it's a penalty. In normal motion, you see simple physics in motion. Shouldn't have been a penalty, and it was just the gift Clemson needed to jump start them.
Exactly slow motion looks a lot different than normal speed. The replay booth shouldn't be allowed to use slow motion replay to determine targeting.

Reactions: scarletred
Also that was not PI, that was defensive holding. Occurred before the pass was thrown should have been 5 yards not 15.
These are ESPN calls

I really don’t think there’s a conspiracy here. A DB came in and hit a premier QB in the helmet with his. No matter what you think, that’s an ejection. This isn’t AM we are talking about here. It’s the #1 pick in the draft next year. Realize the game

That was NOT targeting, defender went in text book towards chest ( did NOT launch) Lawrence lowered his head.

That ABSOLUTELY WAS TEXTBOOK TARGETING. All you Big goggle wearing crybabies can get pissed all you want, but it doesnt change it.

I really don’t think there’s a conspiracy here. A DB came in and hit a premier QB in the helmet with his. No matter what you think, that’s an ejection. This isn’t AM we are talking about here. It’s the #1 pick in the draft next year. Realize the game
Couldn't care less what game it is, I'm tired of bad officiating no matter where and when it occurs. Helmet contact is not a penalty, helmet contact occurs on quite a few tackles, it's a function of how people play and simple physics.

While on the subject of poor officiating, on that very "targeting" play, Chase Young was being absolutely mugged, as he has been on about 80% of plays.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I feel like college football needs a helmet-to-helmet personal foul rule that doesn't necessarily carry a player ejection. Not a Buckeye fan in any way, shape or form, but Wade getting the same penalty as Radley-Hiles in the earlier game seems way out of proportion.

It was targeting and it wasn't even a difficult call. They just showed it again and he absolutely 100% led with the helmet.

The crown of his helmet hit Lawence in the head....GTFO with that nonsense.
The only reason his crown hit is Lawrence lowered his helmet, OSU defender lowered his shoulder to make the tackle and Lawrence was at his full height, then Lawrence ducked into the hit, there was no "leading" with the crown, he lowered his shoulder and Lawrence ducked into the hit.

I feel like college football needs a helmet-to-helmet personal foul rule that doesn't necessarily carry a player ejection. Not a Buckeye fan in any way, shape or form, but Wade getting the same penalty as Radley-Hiles in the earlier game seems way out of proportion.
Absolutely agree. The vast majority of the targeting calls don't warrant ejection. And it does nothing to deter targeting in the future.

The only reason his crown hit is Lawrence lowered his helmet, OSU defender lowered his shoulder to make the tackle and Lawrence was at his full height, then Lawrence ducked into the hit, there was no "leading" with the crown, he lowered his shoulder and Lawrence ducked into the hit.

Guess what.....that doesnt matter

Couldn't care less what game it is, I'm tired of bad officiating no matter where and when it occurs. Helmet contact is not a penalty, helmet contact occurs on quite a few tackles, it's a function of how people play and simple physics.

While on the subject of poor officiating, on that very "targeting" play, Chase Young was being absolutely mugged, as he has been on about 80% of plays.

that wasn’t bad officiating. He lead with the crown

Reactions: Mr.Scary13

I agree. I would like to see if a player has more than one in a season then it warrants ejection

Not a big fan of the targeting flag in general, it’s just another flag to benefit the offense while they freely hold and commit hands to the face every play. The one they called goes uncalled allllll the time, but I will say, according to the dumb rule, it is targeting.

Agree in the wonder of how someone moves forward quickly without leading with the head. It reminds me of the charge foul in basketball when “leading with the shoulder” You’re asking defenders to make sure your shoulder hits first while playing 100 mph, it’s stupid and again I think a lot of these flags are generally just to throw more points on the board, higher ratings, more commercial breaks, etc.

The targeting rule isn't new and it was incredibly stupid. All he needed to do is wrap up. In the end this game is a heavyweight bout.

Looks like the roughing the punter might just bite OSU in the but. They have Clemson stopped deep and they give Clemson a 1st down...then leads to game leading TD. Ouch...

just my two cents...oh well and so what on the targeting call. It happened if we like it or not..or agree with it or not. Done and over with.

I’m sure many of you remember football before video reviews. Your opinion; better or worse? I’m not sure. It’s good to correct the egregious stuff, but all the hair splitting gets old. Gotta love how that play gets overturned and the no call on the PI in the OU game stands.

What the hell are you looking at? The crown hit first. What's your definition of "leading"?
I will admit I was wrong about one thing. The crown did hit, I hadn't seen a good angle of the replay. Doesn't change anything else about what I said though. "Leading" means he intentionally lowered his head and lead with his helmet. Watch the freaking replay and take off your blinders. He lowered his shoulder to make a tackle, now I might be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain the head is attached to the shoulders, so the head followed. When he lowered his shoulder to make the tackle, Lawrence was standing at full height. All things being the same from that point, his shoulder hits Lawrence in the torso. Instead, Lawrence started to duck when he saw the hit coming, causing the helmets to hit. It most certainly does matter, because it's the difference between intent to do something wrong, and incidental contact because of the way Lawrence moved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT