ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with insights on these Iowa Fans

I’d like to know since Frost was hired how many holding calls have the opposites have in 29 games?

Reactions: headcard
Here’s why this hawk fan is here:

So yeah, all the “fire chins,” “we should’ve kept Bo,” “(insert every QB since Crouch) needs to be benched,” “the Big Ten is out to get us and never call holding on our opponents” stuff is HILARIOUS. And free. So I check in for 20 minutes every couple months during the off-season and a lot more during the Iowa Nebraska week and I laugh long and hard.

Hope that helps!

And those are almost the exactly the same type of posts on your board every week.....even if you're winning (fire BF, bench the QB, blame the refs.......).

The Nebraska and Iowa fan bases are a lot more similar than really either would like to admit.

yeah Fran has taken us pretty deep in the tourney so far in his 11 years, and who even cares about college baseball . So I’ll quite crying now lol

You would rather see grown men roll around in tights typical Herky
Quit posting in bold pinhead.

Don’t tell me what to do 🤫 you really gonna make a big deal over the font on a message board ?? That’s kinda weird actually

I’m Husker fan and I know more about Ioway sports than your pathetic azz.

ohhh wait you would know about men in tights..😂

I’m Husker fan and I know more about Ioway sports than your pathetic azz.

ohhh wait you would know about men in tights..😂
Sure you do lol. And if you’re such a die hard Nub fan why would you even care what happens in Iowa sports?

Thread #45,712 about how Iowa is obsessed with us.

Are you sure you're getting that right?

Seems you are obsessed with our fans. For the most part we don't give a shit for Nebraska's program. Hawks56 hit the nail on the head with Hawk fans expressing humor with Nebby fans unwilling to except that the 90's are over.

Seems you are obsessed with our fans. For the most part we don't give a shit for Nebraska's program. Hawks56 hit the nail on the head with Hawk fans expressing humor with Nebby fans unwilling to except that the 90's are over.
And here you are to tell us how obsessed you aren’t. Talking about the 90’s, while no one else is. It’s very sad, I hope you can find some friends so you won’t be so sad and lonely. It’s never too late to get help.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Here’s why this hawk fan is here:

I live in and grew up in Omaha in the 90’s. My dad is an Iowa grad so I was going to Iowa games in 95, 96, 97, etc. This was junior high and high school at a time back when you could call your buddy a fag and it really didn’t mean anything, so they’d always give me shit - “why do you like the Iowa HOT GUYS? Cuz you’re a fag or something???” Typical Husker fans, basically.

I went to college at Iowa. They announced that Nebraska was joining the Big Ten after I’d graduated and these normally reasonable, well adjusted buddies of mine I grew up with who came up to Iowa City for weekends in college and watched nationally ranked Iowa teams beat nationally ranked Big Ten teams while Nebraska was sucking complete ass were turned back into 15 year old kids - “we’re gonna DOMINATE the Big Ten! We’re gonna own the HOT GUYS!”

Now a decade later and with a 3-7 record against that “hot guys” team they were so sure they were going to own, they just text me that they know they’re going to lose and they are starting to not even care about college football anymore. It’s super depressing. Like, it wouldn’t even be fun to rub their noses in how terrible and pathetic Husker football has become. So I text them back about how Frost is so close and they almost had us. I look classy and mature. We still hang out and relations are good after decades of friendship.

Of course I don’t mean what I say to them, though. Their favorite football team, the one they had posters of in their bedrooms back in grade school, it’s F*CKING PATHETIC. So I come here to drink in Husker misery. It’s like playing violent video games - totally safe, no ones going to get hurt (well, no one I care about - Rubrus Virgin whateverthef*ck is perpetually butt hurt, but I don’t really care), but you still get to enjoy harpooning Liu Kang and uppercutting his torso into a pit of spikes. I don’t play video games anymore, hence my Mortal Combat reference, but this scratches the same itch.

So yeah, all the “fire chins,” “we should’ve kept Bo,” “(insert every QB since Crouch) needs to be benched,” “the Big Ten is out to get us and never call holding on our opponents” stuff is HILARIOUS. And free. So I check in for 20 minutes every couple months during the off-season and a lot more during the Iowa Nebraska week and I laugh long and hard.

Hope that helps!

So you're gay?

YOu Cannot judge Iowa or Nebraska fans by a handful of who knows who sitting behind a keyboard. visiting each other’s games and interacting with those fans is a positive at both venues.

Reactions: Laner2 and headcard
Wow, came back to visit this thread and yep, gone to hell.

Anyway, Purdue this weekend for you guys. I imagine AM will start. Think Luke needs to be in there somewhere. Purdue has two good receivers in Bell and Moore.

What do you think the spread will be?

Good luck Saturday!

I thought the low class IA fan thing was overblown or part of an internet war. Then last year I was wearing my Husker hat while walking in downtown Des Moines with my young daughter. A car with three 20 something guys slows down and the front passenger screams “f*** you” about 3 feet from us, while the back seat passenger laughs and flips us off. Then they drove off. Still don’t think most IA fans are terrible but the aholes don’t just live on our message boards.

I thought the low class IA fan thing was overblown or part of an internet war. Then last year I was wearing my Husker hat while walking in downtown Des Moines with my young daughter. A car with three 20 something guys slows down and the front passenger screams “f*** you” about 3 feet from us, while the back seat passenger laughs and flips us off. Then they drove off. Still don’t think most IA fans are terrible but the aholes don’t just live on our message boards.

Higher probability that they were ISU fans than Iowa fans!

Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
Higher probability that they were ISU fans than Iowa fans!
tenor.gif

Were you yelling “ooh doggies” as you pointed out all the tall buildings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT