ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with insights on these Iowa Fans

If you look at the Herky board at least half of their topics are on “little Debbie” or “nebby”... they talk more about the Huskers than their own team. It’s hilarious!

Reactions: headcard
tenor.gif
woah...

Last edited:
Read the article I posted.

The reflect.

No ground rules.

I have no interest in reading whatever article you are talking about. I don’t think I’ve ever visited here before. Someone just showed me the link. I likely won’t think about Nebraska again until next year.

I’ve never posted here and but usually drop in around our rivalry week to see what the thoughts are. I will preface this by saying that I can’t think of a Nebraskan Husker fan that I don’t like a lot, it’s the Iowan husker fan that makes me sick. Because for 40 years I have had to listen to them talk talk talk and when the switch happened “we will own the B1G” and now it’s coming back in spades. I never considered any of them anything but bandwagon jumpers. Your own admin made matters even worse. “We have Ohio state and Michigan shakin” and “we had to look at where Iowa is as a program”. That’s about it. I was never impressed with your teams that had 2 tough games to play all year and go into a bowl game unscathed by injury. That plus the level of “look the other way” that was going on in Lincoln and probably a lot of other “top programs” at that time.
We are getting a lot out now.

So you had this frustration for 40 years? That's not real healthy.

It makes sense why you are acting out now after holding it in for all those years.

You should talk to someone about those feelings. Clear the mind and sooth the soul.

Good luck on working it out

I assumed as much but I was just trying to give an honest response from an Iowa fan perspective. I am sure there is some envy from many, but I think more of it is having to hear for years that we weren't Nebraska. At some point one gets sick of hearing it and starts to pop off at that entity on their down turns. Have a good one!
See ya.

This is a solid post. Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. No reasonable Hawk fan denies what Nebraska was in the 90’s. That’s not debatable . If you want to argue how they did it w questionable ethics etc you could have that discussion.
For me it’s exactly what was said earlier.When they came into the B1G they acted like they were gonna just cruise through the league winning championship after championship. It rubbed a lot of people in the conference the wrong way . Nebraska would have been better served coming in humble and just going to work. Let their play talk instead of crowning themselves the kings of the world. THAT more than anything else is why their is so much vitriol for Nebraska .
It’s not unique to Iowa fans. There is a lot of the same discussion going on at most of the other B1G schools regarding Nebraska. The chatter between Iowa and Nebraska may be a little louder because of proximity for sure, but that’s not the sole reason for the animosity.

Last edited:
This is a solid post. Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. No reasonable Hawk fan denies what Nebraska was in the 90’s. That’s not debatable . If you want to argue how they did it w questionable ethics etc you could have that discussion.
For me it’s exactly what you said . When they came into the B1G they acted like they were gonna just cruise through the league winning championship after championship. It rubbed a lot of people in the conference the wrong way . Nebraska would have been better served coming in humble and just going to work. Let their play talk instead of crowning themselves the kings of the world. THAT more than anything else is why their is so much vitriol for Nebraska .
It’s not unique to Iowa fans. There is a lot of the same discussion going on at most of the other B1G schools regarding Nebraska. The chatter between Iowa and Nebraska may be a little louder because of proximity for sure, but that’s not the sole reason for the animosity.
I said nothing of the sort and know nobody who did. So stop talking to me, alright?

It's not because of the dislike of the actual football team, it's the arrogance of Nebraska fans and how they acted towards others - especially in the late 90's. You are reaping what was sown
The most little bro post possible

Classic iowa fan

Reactions: headcard
For me it’s exactly what you said . When they came into the B1G they acted like they were gonna just cruise through the league winning championship after championship. It rubbed a lot of people in the conference the wrong way . Nebraska would have been better served coming in humble and just going to work. Let their play talk instead of crowning themselves the kings of the world. THAT more than anything else is why their is so much vitriol for Nebraska .
This conference is full of arrogant windbags

Look no further than the decision to cancel football this year and expecting everyone else to follow. Clueless.

I was going to respond to another poster who brought up the same points, but your is in bold so I’ll ask you.

Where does this Nebraska thought they would dominate the B1G narrative come from? I did not see it anywhere from Husker fans, most of us were very apprehensive about the move. I known there was a Sports Illustrated cover basically saying this, but for the most part this is an Iowa myth.

What is the deal with Iowa’s obsession with Nebraska’s scandals in the 90’s? It’s insane how LP, etc come out of every Iowa trolls mouth. I mean Iowa is on the middle of its own scandal at the moment. One way bigger than anything we faced and you want to talk about LP or Jason Peter. Iowa is accused of decades of racism and abuse and you want to talk about how TO only suspended LP for 6 games 25 years ago. That doesn’t seem normal or healthy. Are you this obsessed with Miami, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Alabama, or even the B1G’s own OSU who had their own scandals when they won titles?

Last edited:
I was going to respond to another poster who brought up the same points, but your is in bold so I’ll ask you.

Where does this Nebraska thought they would dominate the B1G narrative come from? I did not see it anywhere from Husker fans, most of us were very apprehensive about the move. I known there was a Sports Illustrated cover basically saying this, but for the most part this is an Iowa myth.

What is the deal with Iowa’s obsession with Nebraska’s scandals in the 90’s? It’s insane how LP, etc come out of every Iowa trolls mouth. I mean Iowa is on the middle of its own scandal at the moment. One way bigger than anything we faced and you want to talk about LP or Jason Peter. Iowa is accused of decades of racism and abuse and you want to talk about how TO only suspended LP for 6 games 25 years ago. That doesn’t seem normal or healthy. Are you this obsessed with Miami, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Alabama, or even the B1G’s own OSU who had their own scandals when they won titles?
the cockiness may not have come from Nebby fan directly but from your athletic department. Saying stuff like tOSU and Michigan’s of the world better look out cause here comes us Huskers. Oh and the comment that really pissed off Iowa fans was the jackass Einhorst(sp?) “ we had to evaluate where Iowa was as a program” bit. I’m sure you can imagine that turned up the hatred almost instantaneously. Look here’s my opinion of the whole thing . Had the Huskers just come in and shut their pie holes before anointing themselves conference champions I think things may have gone much different .
I really think Hawk fans are taking out their frustrations on the ADept. As far as the other question about those other teams I can’t stand any of em. Their all dirty and we all know it, even you guys . Only reason is the heat is turned up w Nebraska is that their in the conference and on Iowa’s western doorstep .

the cockiness may not have come from Nebby fan directly but from your athletic department. Saying stuff like tOSU and Michigan’s of the world better look out cause here comes us Huskers. Oh and the comment that really pissed off Iowa fans was the jackass Einhorst(sp?) “ we had to evaluate where Iowa was as a program” bit. I’m sure you can imagine that turned up the hatred almost instantaneously. Look here’s my opinion of the whole thing . Had the Huskers just come in and shut their pie holes before anointing themselves conference champions I think things may have gone much different .
I really think Hawk fans are taking out their frustrations on the ADept. As far as the other question about those other teams I can’t stand any of em. Their all dirty and we all know it, even you guys . Only reason is the heat is turned up w Nebraska is their in the conference and on Iowa’s western doorstep .

Turn off the bold. Posting one giant paragraph is bad enough, but please turn off the bold old man.

I really think Hawk fans are taking out their frustrations on the ADept. As far as the other question about those other teams I can’t stand any of em. Their all dirty and we all know it, even you guys . Only reason is the heat is turned up w Nebraska is that their in the conference and on Iowa’s western doorstep .

So Nebraska is “dirty” because you don’t think TO handed out stuff enough punishments decades ago? Now what about Iowa. You are throwing stones for things we did 25 years ago that pale in comparison to what is happening in Iowa City right now. Glass houses and all.

I agree about this B1G narrative topic. Sure, a few loud mouth fans had that narrative, but almost all fans and the media did not opine Nebraska was going to just walk in and dominate. Nebraska wasn't doing that for the last 10 years in the Big 12, why would it change all of a sudden in the Big Ten. A lot of opposing fan bases like to put those words/thoughts into Husker mouths about the "walking in and dominating....."

Last edited:
Pretty sure there’s two paragraphs in there but I did do math in Iowa not Nebraska.

There are. There’s = singular. There’s one paragraph. There are two paragraphs. The rest of that poor sentence needs some work, but let’s fix the basics first.

I learned English in Nebraska. I would love to teach you some more. Let me know when you have some free time for a zoom call.

So Nebraska is “dirty” because you don’t think TO handed out stuff enough punishments decades ago? Now what about Iowa. You are throwing stones for things we did 25 years ago that pale in comparison to what is happening in Iowa City right now. Glass houses and all.
the only thing anyone really knows at this point is what’s being reported by the media . I think it’s pretty certain that Chris Doyle went too far w some of his comments regarding black athletes. There’s no doubt that Iowa coaches expected recruits to conform to the iowa way. And while I don’t know anything for sure there is a big difference between outright racism and being hard asses on certain players to get them to conform to a team concept or environment. I’ve followed Iowa football for a long time and it’s really hard to wrap yourselves around the idea that KF who is about as classy as they come was an outright racist .
another thing doesn’t add up. If there was all this racism why is there still so many African American players on the team . If KF was as bad as they say wouldn’t all those guys be in the transfer portal? I’m just asking you to see it with some common sense here.

You're a grown adult spending hours on an opposing fans message board talking shit. Is your life that unfulfilling that you have to go to a message board to make yourself feel better? You.... are the douchebag, pal.
not talking shit at all right now pal. Having a legitimate discussion on a topic posted. Talking smack and telling someone to kill themselves are two way different things. Oh and by the way I only come here during Iowa-Nebraska week. After this game fades away for the year it will be back to worrying about how we’re gonna find a decent QB

the only thing anyone really knows at this point is what’s being reported by the media . I think it’s pretty certain that Chris Doyle went too far w some of his comments regarding black athletes. There’s no doubt that Iowa coaches expected recruits to conform to the iowa way. And while I don’t know anything for sure there is a big difference between outright racism and being hard asses on certain players to get them to conform to a team concept or environment. I’ve followed Iowa football for a long time and it’s really hard to wrap yourselves around the idea that KF who is about as classy as they come was an outright racist .
another thing doesn’t add up. If there was all this racism why is there still so many African American players on the team . If KF was as bad as they say wouldn’t all those guys be in the transfer portal? I’m just asking you to see it with some common sense here.

I see you’re still sticking with one giant bold paragraph. Much like Iowa football, your English skills are below average.

Reactions: SkerInCo
There are. There’s = singular. There’s one paragraph. There are two paragraphs. The rest of that poor sentence needs some work, but let’s fix the basics first.

I learned English in Nebraska. I would love to teach you some more. Let me know when you have some free time for a zoom call.

nm

I agree about this B1G narrative topic. Sure, a few loud mouth fans had that narrative, but almost all fans and the media did not opine Nebraska was going to just walk in and dominate. Nebraska wasn't doing that for the last 10 years in the Big 12, why would it change all of a sudden in the Big Ten. A lot of opposing fan bases like to put those words/thoughts into Husker mouths about the "walking in and dominating....."
so are you saying Einhorst didn’t say those things about the Iowa program? Or was it Moos who told tOSU and Michigan to look out? Pretty sure those points are on record as being said .

not talking shit at all right now pal. Having a legitimate discussion on a topic posted. Talking smack and telling someone to kill themselves are two way different things. Oh and by the way I only come here during Iowa-Nebraska week. After this game fades away for the year it will be back to worrying about how we’re gonna find a decent QB
Legitimate discussion? LOLOL. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better. You're a loser on a message board begging for attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT