ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with insights on these Iowa Fans

It's not because of the dislike of the actual football team, it's the arrogance of Nebraska fans and how they acted towards others - especially in the late 90's. You are reaping what was sown

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I know this will probably just open up a whole can of worms and provide no insight what so ever, but I just have to know.

Honestly, what is the deal with these Iowa fans? I've been a Husker fan for 40+ years and have been on this site for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this. I've been to games all over the country and the only group of fans I can even remotely compare to Iowa fans are Colorado fans. Even then, you understood they were just bitter from a life time of ass kickings. So why are Iowa fans so completely classless and obsessed with Nebraska? Even in the middle of their own giant scandal, they run their mouths and stalk us 24/7. They are insufferable. Their level of obsession and the depths to which they seem willing to sink are shocking to me. And why? Where does this come from? What am I missing here? Why the complete obsession? At first, I thought it was just a B1G thing, but we don't see anything remotely like this from other B1G fan bases. Every team in America has some bad apples, but NOTHING like this. Why are they they the way they are?

Maybe some other fan bases can shed some light on this.

Dead serious I find online trolling fascinating.

This article really shows much of the internal issues that lead people to troll online.

It is a good read if you are interested in human nature at all.

This article really shows much of the internal issues that lead people to troll online.

"Dark Tetrad Loneliness" will be my new band name. Watch me.

Last edited:

That is a fascinating read. While it is sad to see the personal daemons and the obvious struggles with loneliness some of these guys are struggling with, I wonder why there are so many from the same small group (Iowa football fans) and why so many chose this as the outlet? It reminds me of the incel guys lashing out against attractive women and people in relationships. Maybe it’s better to just ignore them than to try to debate with them or even understand them.

Reactions: red scowl
LOL - without exception, they are jealous of Nebraska’s rich football tradition. Something they will never achieve. So they are kicking NU while it’s down. Pretty classic inferiority complex. Textbook. Their denial of it is also right out of the inferiority complex textbook.

Posting on another team’s message board makes you a loser. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to post on another team’s board. That goes for NU fans doing it other team’s boards. There is no way to post on another team’s board without looking like one variety of loser or another. They can try to rationalize it, but it never works.
Well said.

You're growing up right before our eyes. I'm so proud.
Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks.

But seriously, these guys have some mental issues that I don’t want to make worse by talking football, seems like more than they can handle. Look at the post below. The guy can’t even handle the question he is so filled with displaced anger. And there is another guy that has been holding onto his anger for 20+ years because he thinks Husker fans were too mean in the late 90’s, when we weren’t even in the same conference. Creepy stuff.

I know this will probably just open up a whole can of worms and provide no insight what so ever, but I just have to know.

Honestly, what is the deal with these Iowa fans? I've been a Husker fan for 40+ years and have been on this site for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this. I've been to games all over the country and the only group of fans I can even remotely compare to Iowa fans are Colorado fans. Even then, you understood they were just bitter from a life time of ass kickings. So why are Iowa fans so completely classless and obsessed with Nebraska? Even in the middle of their own giant scandal, they run their mouths and stalk us 24/7. They are insufferable. Their level of obsession and the depths to which they seem willing to sink are shocking to me. And why? Where does this come from? What am I missing here? Why the complete obsession? At first, I thought it was just a B1G thing, but we don't see anything remotely like this from other B1G fan bases. Every team in America has some bad apples, but NOTHING like this. Why are they they the way they are?

You’re a special kind of dumb ass!!

I knew I should've planted Dynamite on the Blair Bridge when I had the chance. Missouri Valley Mudrat refugees like to walk over to our side when their mayor decrees civil rights for POC.

Reactions: headcard
I knew I should've planted Dynamite on the Blair Bridge when I had the chance. Missouri Valley Mudrat refugees like to walk over to our side when their mayor decrees civil rights for POC.
Typical red neck Nebraskan

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
So what’s the answer? Please tell me. I need to know WHAT IS THE ANSWER? Aaaaaaawwwww

I heard there is a shortage of white sheets thats why some are ass hats

I’m guessing a combination of all of their mothers smoking meth while they were pregnant and not being sure whether to call their father “dad” or “grandpa” is part of the problem with these trolls.

• Wow
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
They have a huge inferiority complex number one. They hate our past glory days ,the national attention, accolades, and rings that came with it. I think that they think beating us will somehow wash that all away and hate that we hang on to the past. I get that bringing up our past frustrates them and they want us to admit defeat but nah ! They are the better program now but have really nothing to show for it , that has to suck. They're like a little brother that is now better looking than his older brother and talks smack about it. I say " Ok ,you're better than me now but I poked the homecoming queen five times , you just sniffed her fat friends panties "

This guy right here proves my point.......fighting his own insecurities and weaknesses.

Really pretty classic psychologically speaking.
He gave a pretty honest answer. It's up to you if you want to hear it or not. This has been a thing for Western Iowans for decades. I remember watching my cousin play at UNO, reading the Sunday paper and the article on a ranked Iowa team was on page 5. All Husker coverage. THAT is annoying to Iowa fans. My roommate at Iowa freshman year was from Council Bluffs and he HATED Nebraska because of the same thing.

We enjoy watching you guys be terrible because of hearing how, just like Penn State fans thought, that you were going to come into the BIG and run shit. We tried to tell you but the arrogance kept telling us we were full of it. You now see the BIG is a totally different animal than the terrible Big 8, where you only had one team in it who could play with you, and the mediocre Big 12.

Too many of you have this superior attitude over Iowa fans and maybe that's a little understandable. We don't have this delusion of grandeur that we are going to be a dominant program. Not in this league where we will never be able to recruit with the big 3 in the East. So we are going to enjoy beating you guys when we can. Same thing with Minnesota - who was better than us until Fry got here. Same with Wisconsin. I said a decade ago that your years of competing for NCs were over. You're us at best now. That's where your program is no matter how you hate it. OP asked for why and that's what I tried to explain here.

To end on a softer note...the 1995 Huskers are the best college team I have ever seen and would love to watch these Alabama teams try to deal with that group.

He gave a pretty honest answer. It's up to you if you want to hear it or not. This has been a thing for Western Iowans for decades. I remember watching my cousin play at UNO, reading the Sunday paper and the article on a ranked Iowa team was on page 5. All Husker coverage. THAT is annoying to Iowa fans. My roommate at Iowa freshman year was from Council Bluffs and he HATED Nebraska because of the same thing.

We enjoy watching you guys be terrible because of hearing how, just like Penn State fans thought, that you were going to come into the BIG and run shit. We tried to tell you but the arrogance kept telling us we were full of it. You now see the BIG is a totally different animal than the terrible Big 8, where you only had one team in it who could play with you, and the mediocre Big 12.

Too many of you have this superior attitude over Iowa fans and maybe that's a little understandable. We don't have this delusion of grandeur that we are going to be a dominant program. Not in this league where we will never be able to recruit with the big 3 in the East. So we are going to enjoy beating you guys when we can. Same thing with Minnesota - who was better than us until Fry got here. Same with Wisconsin. I said a decade ago that your years of competing for NCs were over. You're us at best now. That's where your program is no matter how you hate it. OP asked for why and that's what I tried to explain here.

To end on a softer note...the 1995 Huskers are the best college team I have ever seen and would love to watch these Alabama teams try to deal with that group.

Appreciate the reply, even if I don’t agree with all of it, I do understand the general sentiment. Although a post like this and a poster like you, are a far cry from what I was referring to in the OP, but every fan base has extremes. Take care.

OK I’ll bite. 98% of the Hawkeye fans do not care about your husker team Nebraska is not our rival. The only ones that post on here are western Iowa residents such as myself. Because we have to listen to our local news outlets year in and year out proclaim the huskers world beaters off season. We can’t escape the delusion. Everywhere you turn they talk about how great their next quarterback or their next coach is going to be. Then for three months during the season all hell breaks loose and it’s like a magnificent train wreck that you have to slow down and watch. Quit living in fantasyland and acting like imbeciles and you won’t draw attention to yourselves. Nobody’s over on Minnesota’s board busting their balls but they’re realistic they don’t talk about their stored past they live in the day! You are the Al Bundys and uncle Rico‘s of the college football world. Good news is your football season is almost over you will be able to brag about all your amazing recruits just like every year and then when they don’t pan out you’ll start talking about how your team has no talent. LOL.

Who are your local news outlets and what did they say about Nebraska this year?

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace

I honestly think both sides have some fault - a small minority on both sides.

As bordering states, the two programs rarely played until Nebraska joined the B1G. The few times they did, Nebraska won a majority and the one time Nebraska lost - both sides knew it was a fluke. Hayden Fry built a respectable program, but it could not compare to the machine TO was running. As a result, Iowa fans heard for years from a “small” fraction of Nebraska fans how they would destroy them every year.

Then when Ferentz took over in the first couple years, Nebraska destroyed them again in a 2 game series. Kirk turned them back into a respectable program, but they didn’t play, so the smack talk continued. When Nebraska joined the B1G, both teams were much closer as overall teams than in years past. Ten years later, Iowa has been the superior program in victories. Not by that much, but it really doesn’t matter, they have the victory advantage.
That brings out the worst in the small minority of Hawkeye fans who want to rub years of frustration in our noses. That fires up a small minority of Husker fans to throw out the “how many national championships does Iowa have?”.

My experience with Iowa fans has been respectful over the years. Most of the actual fans I have met and been around have been mutually respectful. When I see 5-10 Iowa fans trolling, I just ignore them. It wouldn’t surprise me if the same small number of Husker fans go over and troll their site.

To be honest, I hear more crap from Iowa State fans at bars and game watching parties, but the have been abused by both Nebraska and Iowa in the past, so I suppose it’s their chance to get years of pent up aggression off their chest.

Reactions: egaRdeR
So what’s the answer? Please tell me. I need to know WHAT IS THE ANSWER? Aaaaaaawwwww

OK. What this thread has taught me.
The trolls have Psychological issues from a deep sense of inferiority and loneliness. These trolls have come to have an irrational hatred of anything associated with another college football team to the point that Nebraska football has come to represent everything wrong with their lives. We just think of it as a team and us as fans. These people are so deeply deranged that they see the Nebraska football program as everything wrong with their lives. Nebraska football represents the girl that won’t date them, the boss that won’t promote them, the cool kids that won’t give them the time of day.

Regular Iowa fans that don’t like Nebraska. They are tired of all the coverage Nebraska gets and don’t like hearing about Nebraska football nonstop.

Last edited:
I like how these Counciltucky Western Io_ans are so angry at what is printed in the OWH and spouted on KETV. Hilarious.

How about buying the C.B. Times(or whatever the F it's called) and supporting IPTV for your football news? I hear they give you free white sheets for a $150 donation.

no national titles, neb=5

OK. Psychological issues from a deep sense of inferiority and loneliness. These trolls have come to have an irrational hatred of anything associated with another college football team to the point that Nebraska football has come to represent everything wrong with their lives. We just think of it as a team and us as fans. These people are so deeply deranged that they see the Nebraska football program as everything wrong with their lives. Nebraska football represents the girl that won’t date them, the boss that won’t promote them, the cool kids that won’t give them the time of day.
Thank you for starting this thread. I have truly enjoyed this. I may be a Sadist, though.

OK I’ll bite. 98% of the Hawkeye fans do not care about your husker team Nebraska is not our rival. The only ones that post on here are western Iowa residents such as myself. Because we have to listen to our local news outlets year in and year out proclaim the huskers world beaters off season. We can’t escape the delusion. Everywhere you turn they talk about how great their next quarterback or their next coach is going to be. Then for three months during the season all hell breaks loose and it’s like a magnificent train wreck that you have to slow down and watch. Quit living in fantasyland and acting like imbeciles and you won’t draw attention to yourselves. Nobody’s over on Minnesota’s board busting their balls but they’re realistic they don’t talk about their stored past they live in the day! You are the Al Bundys and uncle Rico‘s of the college football world. Good news is your football season is almost over you will be able to brag about all your amazing recruits just like every year and then when they don’t pan out you’ll start talking about how your team has no talent. LOL.
So you're mad at the local news outlets covering news for the majority of their broadcast area?

That's kinda stupid. Their job is to make money and they absolutely do hype stuff up more than they should...but if that's the case then your ire should be drawn to the media outlets and not the generic fanbase.

Personally, I think it's a better excuse if you're pissy about what that dipshit Eichorst said back in (2014 I think?)....but even then he's been canned.

The one good reason I think that remains is that we have a bunch of idiots in our fanbase that keep trying to brag about 25 year old trophies. However, if it's any comfort....I fu**ing hate them too.

You realize the common denominator for all of that hate and frustration is you, right?

And although I appreciate the insight, that is all reason for animosity. But acting on it the way it is goes back to you.

Trolls are acting out based on their own feelings. It's science.

I’ve never posted here and but usually drop in around our rivalry week to see what the thoughts are. I will preface this by saying that I can’t think of a Nebraskan Husker fan that I don’t like a lot, it’s the Iowan husker fan that makes me sick. Because for 40 years I have had to listen to them talk talk talk and when the switch happened “we will own the B1G” and now it’s coming back in spades. I never considered any of them anything but bandwagon jumpers. Your own admin made matters even worse. “We have Ohio state and Michigan shakin” and “we had to look at where Iowa is as a program”. That’s about it. I was never impressed with your teams that had 2 tough games to play all year and go into a bowl game unscathed by injury. That plus the level of “look the other way” that was going on in Lincoln and probably a lot of other “top programs” at that time.

I’ve never posted here and but usually drop in around our rivalry week to see what the thoughts are. I will preface this by saying that I can’t think of a Nebraskan Husker fan that I don’t like a lot, it’s the Iowan husker fan that makes me sick. Because for 40 years I have had to listen to them talk talk talk and when the switch happened “we will own the B1G” and now it’s coming back in spades. I never considered any of them anything but bandwagon jumpers. Your own admin made matters even worse. “We have Ohio state and Michigan shakin” and “we had to look at where Iowa is as a program”. That’s about it. I was never impressed with your teams that had 2 tough games to play all year and go into a bowl game unscathed by injury. That plus the level of “look the other way” that was going on in Lincoln and probably a lot of other “top programs” at that time.
You like me A LOT?

We do. And guess what? We don't go and troll their board.

Hmmmm

I don’t think I’ve ever heard gopher fan try to claim any sort of traditional superiority over iowa or anyone else. In fact, Minnesota hates iowa for no apparent reason beyond recent relative success.

you have to lay out some parameters for what’s acceptable.

Appreciate the reply, even if I don’t agree with all of it, I do understand the general sentiment. Although a post like this and a poster like you, are a far cry from what I was referring to in the OP, but every fan base has extremes. Take care.
I assumed as much but I was just trying to give an honest response from an Iowa fan perspective. I am sure there is some envy from many, but I think more of it is having to hear for years that we weren't Nebraska. At some point one gets sick of hearing it and starts to pop off at that entity on their down turns. Have a good one!

It's not because of the dislike of the actual football team, it's the arrogance of Nebraska fans and how they acted towards others - especially in the late 90's. You are reaping what was sown

SJW troll to save the day. How about you go out and get a job. Then you move out from your mom’s basement. Then maybe, just maybe someone drunk and dumb may have sex with you.

ADVERTISEMENT