ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone with insights on these Iowa Fans

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
I know this will probably just open up a whole can of worms and provide no insight what so ever, but I just have to know.

Honestly, what is the deal with these Iowa fans? I've been a Husker fan for 40+ years and have been on this site for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this. I've been to games all over the country and the only group of fans I can even remotely compare to Iowa fans are Colorado fans. Even then, you understood they were just bitter from a life time of ass kickings. So why are Iowa fans so completely classless and obsessed with Nebraska? Even in the middle of their own giant scandal, they run their mouths and stalk us 24/7. They are insufferable. Their level of obsession and the depths to which they seem willing to sink are shocking to me. And why? Where does this come from? What am I missing here? Why the complete obsession? At first, I thought it was just a B1G thing, but we don't see anything remotely like this from other B1G fan bases. Every team in America has some bad apples, but NOTHING like this. Why are they they the way they are?

Maybe some other fan bases can shed some light on this.

My post #24 here:

Reactions: headcard
tenor.gif

Says the guy the responds to EVERY Iowa fan AND starts a thread about it. Good job, Headcase!
OK. So what is the answer? Why are you so completely obsessed with Nebraska? What makes you create an account and run over to post something like this? There has to be some reason you are so angry and obsessed. It's not because you are losing, as you like to point out.

I know this will probably just open up a whole can of worms and provide no insight what so ever, but I just have to know.

Honestly, what is the deal with these Iowa fans? I've been a Husker fan for 40+ years and have been on this site for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this. I've been to games all over the country and the only group of fans I can even remotely compare to Iowa fans are Colorado fans. Even then, you understood they were just bitter from a life time of ass kickings. So why are Iowa fans so completely classless and obsessed with Nebraska? Even in the middle of their own giant scandal, they run their mouths and stalk us 24/7. They are insufferable. Their level of obsession and the depths to which they seem willing to sink are shocking to me. And why? Where does this come from? What am I missing here? Why the complete obsession? At first, I thought it was just a B1G thing, but we don't see anything remotely like this from other B1G fan bases. Every team in America has some bad apples, but NOTHING like this. Why are they they the way they are?

Maybe some other fan bases can shed some light on this.
Too many here let them get under their skin. That just eggs them on.

And when a team has nothing to hang their hat on they have to take joy in others losing.

OK. So what is the answer? Why are you so completely obsessed with Nebraska? What makes you create an account and run over to post something like this? There has to be some reason you are so angry and obsessed. It's not because you are losing, as you like to point out.

Get control of yourself, Headcase.

Reactions: Rick Chick
I used a simple question. Why can’t you just answer?
Man, they are trolls. Plain and simple they live to annoy others.

Without getting into deep psychology it stems from their own weaknesses and insecurities.

As to why Iowa had so many, just reread what I wrote and you will get it.

I would not put all Iowa posters in one class. In fact, I would bet some of the posters that act like an ass are not even Iowa fans, but know it will set some of you in motion.

But I am sure there are many that are Hawk fans. Too be honest, it irks me to come over here to talk football and have to go through post with all the bullshit.

Just my thoughts

OK I’ll bite. 98% of the Hawkeye fans do not care about your husker team Nebraska is not our rival. The only ones that post on here are western Iowa residents such as myself. Because we have to listen to our local news outlets year in and year out proclaim the huskers world beaters off season. We can’t escape the delusion. Everywhere you turn they talk about how great their next quarterback or their next coach is going to be. Then for three months during the season all hell breaks loose and it’s like a magnificent train wreck that you have to slow down and watch. Quit living in fantasyland and acting like imbeciles and you won’t draw attention to yourselves. Nobody’s over on Minnesota’s board busting their balls but they’re realistic they don’t talk about their stored past they live in the day! You are the Al Bundys and uncle Rico‘s of the college football world. Good news is your football season is almost over you will be able to brag about all your amazing recruits just like every year and then when they don’t pan out you’ll start talking about how your team has no talent. LOL.

There are many fans around the country just like Iowa fans. Yes, Iowa does suck! Who would play football for that awful school!

OK I’ll bite. 98% of the Hawkeye fans do not care about your husker team Nebraska is not our rival. The only ones that post on here are western Iowa residents such as myself. Because we have to listen to our local news outlets year in and year out proclaim the huskers world beaters off season. We can’t escape the delusion. Everywhere you turn they talk about how great their next quarterback or their next coach is going to be. Then for three months during the season all hell breaks loose and it’s like a magnificent train wreck that you have to slow down and watch. Quit living in fantasyland and acting like imbeciles and you won’t draw attention to yourselves. Nobody’s over on Minnesota’s board busting their balls but they’re realistic they don’t talk about their stored past they live in the day! You are the Al Bundys and uncle Rico‘s of the college football world. Good news is your football season is almost over you will be able to brag about all your amazing recruits just like every year and then when they don’t pan out you’ll start talking about how your team has no talent. LOL.

This guy right here proves my point.......fighting his own insecurities and weaknesses.

Really pretty classic psychologically speaking.

So, because counciltuckians believe what the media feeds them, you're mad at Husker fanatics? Do you also believe Kim jong is the best golfer in North Korea, dipshit?

This guy right here proves my point.......fighting his own insecurities and weaknesses.

Really pretty classic psychologically speaking.
You ask a question and don’t get the answer you like! More delusion. Stop being delusional and things would be better for husker fans.
In your small mind this is the answer you would like to hear. Iowa fans are on here because we are so jealous of your amazing past. I love breaking out the VHS tapes and watching the huskers dominate. Screenshot that and look at it every night if it helps you sleep better.

Reactions: MACE
LOL - without exception, they are jealous of Nebraska’s rich football tradition. Something they will never achieve. So they are kicking NU while it’s down. Pretty classic inferiority complex. Textbook. Their denial of it is also right out of the inferiority complex textbook.

Posting on another team’s message board makes you a loser. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to post on another team’s board. That goes for NU fans doing it other team’s boards. There is no way to post on another team’s board without looking like one variety of loser or another. They can try to rationalize it, but it never works.

You ask a question and don’t get the answer you like! More delusion. Stop being delusional and things would be better for husker fans.
In your small mind this is the answer you would like to hear. Iowa fans are on here because we are so jealous of your amazing past. I love breaking out the VHS tapes and watching the huskers dominate. Screenshot that and look at it every night if it helps you sleep better.

You totally missed the point. I didn't ask a question nor did I say anything about jealousy.

This is really about you. As a person. Your weaknesses and insecurities.

If you are interested I could offer up some self help books that might do wonders for you.

Just let me know.

Well my dislike towards husker fan is from living in the CB area all my life and hearing nothing but husker this and that on all news channels and how great they are and how bad Iowa was. So seeing Nebraska at this state is funny stuff the local news stations don't really talk allot about the Huskers any more.
On a side note I don't mind Nebraska just the crappy fans I had to deal with.

Nebby fans are like worn out supermodels. Used to be attractive and get all the attention. Now, you don’t look the same and no one cares about you. I find it hilarious the way you fans act. So, for me, it’s more entertaining than watching your awful football team.

Thanks for the insights. I hear this a lot and have to ask. Why do you care if Husker fans are “delusional” or have too high of expectations, etc?

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
You totally missed the point. I didn't ask a question nor did I say anything about jealousy.

This is really about you. As a person. Your weaknesses and insecurities.

If you are interested I could offer up some self help books that might do wonders for you.

Just let me know.
I never turn away help! Let me guess the books were written in the 90s? Nothing like sitting down and reading a vintage book with a hardback. Thanks in advance

Reactions: nu2u
So what's the answer? Why so obsessed?
Obsessed? Don’t flatter yourself. When Frost has been a dumpster fire of a hire after your AD put the entire B10 on notice after his hiring, this is the treatment you get. Enjoy being a bottom dweller for your next 40 years as a fan.

Reactions: UPSHawk
Well my dislike towards husker fan is from living in the CB area all my life and hearing nothing but husker this and that on all news channels and how great they are and how bad Iowa was. So seeing Nebraska at this state is funny stuff the local news stations don't really talk allot about the Huskers any more.
On a side note I don't mind Nebraska just the crappy fans I had to deal with.
You wash your feet, then your ass, then your face when in the backyard sprinkler, don't you?

Obsessed? Don’t flatter yourself. When Frost has been a dumpster fire of a hire after your AD put the entire B10 on notice after his hiring, this is the treatment you get. Enjoy being a bottom dweller for your next 40 years as a fan.
Seems obsessed. Odd that you don’t know why.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I never turn away help! Let me guess the books were written in the 90s? Nothing like sitting down and reading a vintage book with a hardback. Thanks in advance
No, they are true self help books. Pretty classic for sure, but more from the 2010 era of psychological self help teachings.

Why do you keep deflecting though? This is about you.

Overreact much?

ADVERTISEMENT