ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see Sage Rosenthal’s comments?

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
It’s not worthy of a link, but he tried claiming we have a culture problem because Luke and Kade’s fathers played in the NFL, and they’d recognize a culture problem = reason for the double transfer.

Throwing aside whether or not we have a culture problem, maybe? maybe not?
.... in no way would I entertain the idea that the transfer of Luke and Kade is some clear signal we have a problem.

It’s not worthy of a link, but he tried claiming we have a culture problem because Luke and Kade’s fathers played in the NFL, and they’d recognize a culture problem = reason for the double transfer.

Throwing aside whether or not we have a culture problem, maybe? maybe not?
.... in no way would I entertain the idea that the transfer of Luke and Kade is some clear signal we have a problem.

Backups transferring, oh no. This is happening everywhere. His premise is ridiculous.

the leading offensive player (yards from scrimmage) the past 2 years have fled the program .... name another coach/program that can claim this distinguished achievement

Look who chimes in, repeating the same thing yet again.
799751239-heres-that-attention-you-ordered.jpg.cf.jpg

the leading offensive player (yards from scrimmage) the past 2 years have fled the program .... name another coach/program that can claim this distinguished achievement

ya, he is a truly a piece of work and a turd to the Husker fan base for his obsession of hating Nebraska sports..

I'll take the continued misdirection to mean that just Neb can claim the above

Losing JD was interesting. Then Wan’Dale I lost some confidence. Then just how Frost spoke for Luke and he up and leaves has to raise serious red flags. Not saying Frost can’t figure it out. But if you can’t admit there are some issue then we have our heads in the sand.

I firmly believe it matters.

I’d also be very interested in hearing from those who think it doesn’t matter...what record next year would show you that there aren’t issues?

I don’t think it works that way. Like if AM didn’t throw the interception in the endzone and we beat NW or the hold that took away AM’s long run wasn’t called we beat Iowa we wouldn’t have cultural issues, but since we lost those games we do?

I think losing these three bench warmers means nothing. Really good programs like ND and Clemson are losing a lot of players, even really good players that contribute, it’s how it goes now.

I think we have to win and show progress next year, or this thing never gets going and we are starting over again. But that is a different discussion.

I don’t think it works that way. Like if AM didn’t throw the interception in the endzone and we beat NW or the hold that took away AM’s long run wasn’t called we beat Iowa we wouldn’t have cultural issues, but since we lost those games we do?

I think losing these three bench warmers means nothing. Really good programs like ND and Clemson are losing a lot of players, even really good players that contribute, it’s how it goes now.

I think we have to win and show progress next year, or this thing never gets going and we are starting over again. But that is a different discussion.
I like the way you compared us to ND and Clemson.

I like the way you compared us to ND and Clemson.

Is that what you really took away from my post? I said everyone, even the very best programs are losing players to the portal.

Would it make you feel better if I used Northwestern as an example? They have also lost several contributors to the portal? But don’t like facts like that get in the way of your self loathing.

(1) I AM concerned about AM's apparent regression, injuries notwithstanding.
(2) Frost has made crucial errors to date, not the least of which was arriving with a bit of a Messiah complex, but his in-game/half time adjustments are, to be kind, lacking.
(3) Special teams and offense is inexcusable in year 3.
(4) I believe that WR transferring was at least partially due his realization that NU didn't have a QB that could reliably showcase his talents.

But to your question NAME ANOTHER COACH/PROGRAM THAT CAN CLAIM THIS DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT, you are offering up a red herrring. Before I answer that question, you tell me when a coach had to deal with COVID and the impact it has had on players. And please don't tell me other programs have had to deal with COVID. I also firmly believe that Frost inherited a toxic culture that most other coaches did not have to deal with, and so for me he gets some slack. Your question is not a fair one without context. BTW, your body of work on this board makes it easy to not take you seriously.

Last edited:
I don’t know how you can blame any kid for transferring this year.

Is there really any guarantee next season is going be normal? If they have to “bubble up” again I’d imagine kids want to be close to home.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Sorry mate,

But yards from scrimmage = rushing + receiving ...

Doesn’t include passing yards
I'm not saying the metric that you randomly threw into this conversation isn't important, but I don't see how it has much to do with the actual topic. Which is, does the transfer of Luke and Warner specifically prove we have a culture problem because their Dads played in the NFL? The fact is that Warner is a back up who had no chance of playing next year, and Luke is a terrible QB who has to transfer to stick at the position. I mean, Luke SAID he loves his coaches and teammates at Nebraska. But let's not take him at his word because it doesn't fit your narrative. Troll.

I firmly believe it matters.

I’d also be very interested in hearing from those who think it doesn’t matter...what record next year would show you that there aren’t issues?
We finished 2nd to last in the B1G and return very little. The best possible scenario is what??? 6-5? There is zero chance of us being a good team next year...at least there is zero reason to expect that we could be.

We finished 2nd to last in the B1G and return very little. The best possible scenario is what??? 6-5? There is zero chance of us being a good team next year...at least there is zero reason to expect that we could be.

Second to last in the B1G?? No, 5 teams had a worse winning percentage than we did and only 5 won more games

We return very little? We return 10 starters on defense, 7 on offense and an all-conference kicker.

Second to last in the B1G?? No, 5 teams had a worse winning percentage than we did and only 5 won more games

We return very little? We return 10 starters on defense, 7 on offense and an all-conference kicker.

People must not have paid attention after losing to Illinois that Rutgers, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue and Illinois all had worse winning pct than Nebraska...

It was a Covid year and not everyone played the same amount of games...

People must not have paid attention after losing to Illinois that Rutgers, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue and Illinois all had worse winning pct than Nebraska...

It was a Covid year and not everyone played the same amount of games...

Only 4 teams had winning records. I wonder which team with a worse record, that we beat head to head he thinks finished ahead of us?

It was a wild year and I get not knowing, but just make up something?

This times 1000%
I am torn on this one. It's hard to fathom not wanting to play in a bowl in a traditional sense. but that's not what this was. They know they didn't deserve it and the whole thing was a meaningless charade. It was not a real bowl experience. It would be hard to get excited about going to Shreveport to play a scrimmage against Army in front of no fans. Ima chalk this one up to covid weirdness. I'd probably rather have the time and go home for Christmas.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I am torn on this one. It's hard to fathom not wanting to play in a bowl in a traditional sense. but that's not what this was. They know they didn't deserve it and the whole thing was a meaningless charade. It was not a real bowl experience. It would be hard to get excited about going to Shreveport to play a scrimmage against Army in front of no fans. Ima chalk this one up to covid weirdness. I'd probably rather have the time and go home for Christmas.
Scott wanted the season to end on a good note, so he called it after the win against Rutgers. But not even 2 months before, he was the voice of We Want To Play. You can't make these two extremes add up.

the leading offensive player (yards from scrimmage) the past 2 years has fled the program .... name another coach/program that can claim this distinguished achievement
It’s probably happened to Saban. But they are just transferring to the NFL

Scott wanted the season to end on a good note, so he called it after the win against Rutgers. But not even 2 months before, he was the voice of We Want To Play. You can't make these two extremes add up.
Circumstances changed his mind. In September, he's loaded for bear. By late December, he's ready to put a lid on it. I don't know how much he tried to influence the vote, but yeah, his mood changed based on the azz kickings we took from bad teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT