ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else want to mute Vitale?

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I'm trying to watch the Illinois/Ohio State game and he won't shut up.
DOSaYUo.gif

Reactions: IowaHuskr
I'm trying to tune him out because he offers nothing about the game being played. When he said, "He shoots just like his father used to!" that's when I had to mute him. All he is saying is that he's lived a long time, but offering nothing about the game that we are watching.

Reactions: CBurns05
I'm trying to watch the Illinois/Ohio State game and he won't shut up.
DOSaYUo.gif
He has been worthless to listen to for decades. Plus he was a worthless coach in both college and the NBA and got fired from both so fast it would make your head spin. How any network would pay him anything to analyze a game is beyond me.

Reactions: bigboxes
We play Dick Vitale Bingo of sorts... whenever he says his first:
Diaper dandy
Duke
The General
Baby
His own Ill fated coaching career
Kentucky
Jimmy V

Usually anything EXCEPT the game he’s doing... UNLESS it involves Duke or/ Kentucky

He DOES raise money for cancer and he DOES love tennis... but beyond that he is horrible....

He must have pictures.....

But his biggest flaw is his unrepentant love of Knight when knight is such a fool

Reactions: bigboxes
It's weird to believe that some people must like his shtick. Probably for some he's been at it for so long they couldn't imagine basketball without him. I've reached my limit this year. Every game I've watched with him on the call, I've yelled at the tv for him to shut up. Not sure why it took me so long, but I can't laugh it off or ignore the shrieking anymore.

He has been worthless to listen to for decades. Plus he was a worthless coach in both college and the NBA and got fired from both so fast it would make your head spin. How any network would pay him anything to analyze a game is beyond me.
He had some pretty good teams at the University of Detroit.

ADVERTISEMENT