ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else get yet ANOTHER stimulus check yesterday??

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
On top of the one I got a few weeks ago for an amount I still don't get....then again yesterday?

Am I in the minority or did anyone else have this happen as well????

No but if you're having trouble spending it I can send you my venmo.

it was actually costing me too much money to work and get paid. decided to try the UBI route. Watched "friends" for 8 straight hours the other day and got paid for it. I appreciate the gainfully employed...pay yo taxes!

Reactions: jeans1515
Tried buying a house or used car since Covid?? Talk about hyper inflation. Not to mention fuel.

Sons truck got taken out by a careless driver few days ago who got ticketed and we have eye witnesses stating it was other guys fault...ins company trying to deny claim anyway...lawyer I hired said it is because of covid. Courts shut down for a year so nothing going to trial and ins companies won't settle anything now knowing they can buy an addl 1-2 years of time before it gets in front of a judge.

Covid sucks and what we did to this country over it sucks even worse.

I'd prefer they keep my stimulus checks and go back to how it used to be pre covid scam.

Tried buying a house or used car since Covid?? Talk about hyper inflation. Not to mention fuel.

Sons truck got taken out by a careless driver few days ago who got ticketed and we have eye witnesses stating it was other guys fault...ins company trying to deny claim anyway...lawyer I hired said it is because of covid. Courts shut down for a year so nothing going to trial and ins companies won't settle anything now knowing they can buy an addl 1-2 years of time before it gets in front of a judge.

I'd prefer they keep my stimulus checks and go back to how it used to be pre covid scam.
"Never let a good crisis go to waste." Just listen to the talk from our "leaders", everything is a crisis. To quote a famous character, Underdog, "here I come to save the day."

Everything is hyper inflated and not just in the US but around the world.

Cars (new and used), metals, building materials, homes going for 50-100K over asking, etc. The entire world just basically stopped, with that being said it sure does suck; and some of the decisions here and abroad by others are head scratching.

I'm neither right nor left but middle of the road, there are just as many right wing crazies as there are left wing crazies. My parents are old school democrats and they disliked Trump and Biden, neither were a good choice and neither represented the majority of American all that well. They were/are both bad in their own ways, but bad is still bad however you slice it. Rob Peter to pay Paul is kind of how I see it, all politicians care about is lining their pockets and their family's pockets now and well into the future. They don't give a lick how many regular people (not just Americans) they screw over to get there either.

Seems there is 4 to 5 political parties right now.

1. Right wing nut bags (like extreme right wing, trump can do no wrong)
2. Regular Reps
3. Middle of the road guys like me (stuck in this crap)
4. Regular Dems
5. Left wing nuts bags (like extreme left wing, Trump is the devil, Biden is best, everyone is going to die)

Having said all this -> we got each stimulus in full and the wife and I decided to pay off all of our credit card debt, and we still have $4,000 left over. Decided to just hold it in savings for right now, typically we would of spent it on something; however we've worked very hard on our credit so we trying our best to make the right decisions.

Last edited:

Cars (new and used), metals, building materials, homes going for 50-100K over asking, etc. The entire world just basically stopped, with that being said it sure does suck; and some of the decisions here and abroad by others are head scratching.

I'm neither right nor left but middle of the road, there are just as many right wing crazies as there are left wing crazies. My parents are old school democrats and they disliked Trump and Biden, neither were a good choice and neither represented the majority of American all that well. They were/are both bad in their own ways, but bad is still bad however you slice it. Rob Peter to pay Paul is kind of how I see it, all politicians care about is lining their pockets and their family's pockets now and well into the future. They don't give a lick how many regular people (not just Americans) they screw over to get there either.

2. Regular Reps
4. Regular Dems
5. Left wing nuts bags (like extreme left wing, Trump is the devil, Biden is best, everyone is going to die)

Having said all this -> we got each stimulus in full and the wife and I decided to pay off all of our credit card debt, and we still have $4,000 left over. Decided to just hold it in savings for right now.
*golf clap*

2. Regular Reps
4. Regular Dems

Having said all this -> we got each stimulus in full and the wife and I decided to pay off all of our credit card debt, and we still have $4,000 left over. Decided to just hold it in savings for right now.
Not sure who the "regular Dems" are. If you are talking dem leaders follow how they vote, nothing "regular" or "middle of the road" there, it is all left.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." Just listen to the talk from our "leaders", everything is a crisis. To quote a famous character, Underdog, "here I come to save the day."
Best thing that happened to my retirement account is the stimulus checks and the people that spend them.

2. Regular Reps
4. Regular Dems

Having said all this -> we got each stimulus in full and the wife and I decided to pay off all of our credit card debt, and we still have $4,000 left over. Decided to just hold it in savings for right now, typically we would of spent it on something; however we've worked very hard on our credit so we trying our best to make the right decisions.
Americans First pretty much represents All Americans.

But ok...lol

Best thing that happened to my retirement account is the stimulus checks and the people that spend them.
Except when it has to be paid back. You do realize it is your money so "they" are giving you your money.

2. Regular Reps
4. Regular Dems

I'm pretty sure the extreme left are more worshipers of Bernie Sanders et al. A lot of them seem to dislike Biden but their hatred of Trump left them no choice in their minds. "OK, Biden, I guess" was their campaign slogan.

2. Regular Reps
4. Regular Dems

Can you give a few examples of things Trump did that are far right?

i doubt anything you or anybody could come with as a response to covid would have made a significantly different outcome than what we have. Many businesses would have had the result irrespective of what the government recommended because many (most) people were not going to frequent most businesses anyway with or without govt recommendations. And you are certainly just speculating as to any other outcome that may have come about. its just wishful thinking. its real easy to criticize after the fact. but thats what most people do

i doubt anything you or anybody could come with as a response to covid would have made a significantly different outcome than what we have. Many businesses would have had the result irrespective of what the government recommended because many (most) people were not going to frequent most businesses anyway with or without govt recommendations. And you are certainly just speculating as to any other outcome that may have come about. its just wishful thinking. its real easy to criticize after the fact. but thats what most people do

how far left they are is totally related to how far right YOU are. its all relative.
Sorry, no it's not. You are totally ignoring facts and making things up. You have these little cliches but no facts. The Dems have voted in lock step for everything, no matter how far it is from the mainstream.

I have asked you before, provide examples of the right going more to the right? If you really look at history there was a middle and both parties had people there, that simply is not true now. The Dems have moved way left and the rpubs have moved more left as well from being further to the right. This the difference between the two has increased. Paint it how you want, facts are not on your side. Even Biden himself said, as a senator, that it was a dumb idea to pack the supreme court. Fast forward and that is in the sights of the left with his blessing.

Didn’t see this posted amongst all the other’noise’ on here, but that extra payment is called a Plus-Up payment. Enjoy.
GBR!

Reactions: WHCSC
Sorry, no it's not. You are totally ignoring facts and making things up. You have these little cliches but no facts. The Dems have voted in lock step for everything, no matter how far it is from the mainstream.

I have asked you before, provide examples of the right going more to the right? If you really look at history there was a middle and both parties had people there, that simply is not true now. The Dems have moved way left and the rpubs have moved more left as well from being further to the right. This the difference between the two has increased. Paint it how you want, facts are not on your side. Even Biden himself said, as a senator, that it was a dumb idea to pack the supreme court. Fast forward and that is in the sights of the left with his blessing.
What you've written here is a mess of inaccuracies. To begin with, the mainstream of the country has moved further to the left. And yes, the Democratic party has moved further to the left, however, it is hardly in lockstep. There is a notable split in the party, between progressives, like AOC, and more moderate Democrats. The progressives are younger, except for Bernie, and they are pulling the party further to the left, and contrary to what you've written here, the progressives are representative of mainstream Americans under 40 years of age.

What you are ignoring, conveniently I assume, is that the Republican party has moved much further to the right. There are moderate Republicans, to be sure, but the faction that largely controls the Republican party today is much more conservative than a generation ago. You might call them Trump Republicans, and they reflect a significantly older and whiter demographic.

There are many ways to parse the dynamic of American politics today: Urban v. Rural and Young v Old, for example. But what fundamentally is pulling the country in opposite directions are the disparate visions for the future of the country, driven by progressive Democrats and Trump Republicans. Bottom line, the discussion of a far left that fails to mention the far right isn't really a discussion at all, it's propaganda.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT