ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else excited for Husker basketball tomorrow at Indiana?

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
I would favor Indiana since they have a good team and it is at their court. However, I see some really positive things developing with our current team, and I think they are capable of pulling the upset.

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I’m going to let things roll for a while before I get too optimistic. Fool me once.
I hung in there for so many years. I kind of just gave up last year. Can’t take it anymore. Hell I attended their last NCAA tourney game in San Antonio…. It’s a soul crushing program to be a part of.

But I’d still way rather be miserable, than be a bitch-ass Crayton fan

Indiana is gonna be out for blood. Rutgers sent IU and it's fan base pucker factor through the roof. I think the Rutgers loss was a North Carolina hangover.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
Hopefully Walker can avoid first half foul trouble but Jackson-Davis will be taking it right at him.

Hopefully Walker can avoid first half foul trouble but Jackson-Davis will be taking it right at him.
This is where I would let Keita lean on Jackson-Davis for a good portion of the game, letting Walker save his energy for the offensive end. And Keita can be way more physical because it doesn't really matter if he gets in foul trouble.

Watching Maryland-Wisconsin, and some things never change:

Badger dork flops to the floor and pulls a Maryland player down with him. Foul on Maryland!

I don’t think it’s likely we pull off two big upsets in a row. Indiana has always been a lot better at home than in the road. We may be due for a shooting slump. That being said, Walker has been sensational in his return and it is awesome to see a competitive team take the floor. I will be firmly planted on the couch, eating homemade samosas and watching the Huskers!

Reactions: mgbreis
I hung in there for so many years. I kind of just gave up last year. Can’t take it anymore. Hell I attended their last NCAA tourney game in San Antonio…. It’s a soul crushing program to be a part of.

But I’d still way rather be miserable, than be a bitch-ass Crayton fan
Jay fans are not even Jay fans.

Indiana lost their first B1G game at Rutgers and is favored by 13 tonight, of course the Jays were favored by 15 at home Sunday.. Something tells me the Hoosiers won’t shot as terrible as the Jays did..

Reactions: king_kong_
Indiana lost their first B1G game at Rutgers and is favored by 13 tonight, of course the Jays were favored by 15 at home Sunday.. Something tells me the Hoosiers won’t shot as terrible as the Jays did..

The Jays offensive woes were directly from the Husker defense. They were reduced to shot clock violations and desperate 3s.

Jay fans are excited about NU...they totally need NU to look good so that they can trick themselves into thinking they are an awesome team filled with awesomeness.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The Jays offensive woes were directly from the Husker defense. They were reduced to shot clock violations and desperate 3s.
Exactly! Everything I read seems to assume we got lucky because the Jays shot terrible, as if the defense had nothing to do with it. I know they missed some open looks but the defense was terrific!

Exactly! Everything I read seems to assume we got lucky because the Jays shot terrible, as if the defense had nothing to do with it. I know they missed some open looks but the defense was terrific!

You are right…they are assuming that and didn’t watch the game. Our defense was suffocating, and you could see Creighton struggling to get any shot off.

Reactions: mgbreis
You are right…they are assuming that and didn’t watch the game. Our defense was suffocating, and you could see Creighton struggling to get any shot off.
I think NU pounding the ball inside and hitting a lot of high-percentage shots also took a lot of steam out of Creighton's offense. Jays like to get out and run off of opponents' clanked threes, and couldn't do that at all on Sunday. I think they had zero fast-break points in the first half and very few for the game.

I think NU pounding the ball inside and hitting a lot of high-percentage shots also took a lot of steam out of Creighton's offense. Jays like to get out and run off of opponents' clanked threes, and couldn't do that at all on Sunday. I think they had zero fast-break points in the first half and very few for the game.

Credit to the coaches…the game plan was perfect.

Reactions: nwualum and mgbreis
What's the over/under on how many times Walker will be called for 3 fouls in the first ten minutes of every Big Ten matchup this season?
As @schuele said above, hopefully they game plan to try and keep Walker out of foul trouble. He’s too valuable to be on the bench.

Reactions: scarletred
The Creighton game was a bit of a fluke. Creighton was like 10-40 from three and many were wide open looks.

Not saying we can't win because our rebounding and inside presence is much improved but here are our problems teams can exploit.

1. No PG. Nothing even close to resembling a true PG. Griesel backing down smaller guards is okay and the best option we have.

2. Shooting. We don't have consistent three point Shooting. Wilcher needs to get hot and either Bandy or Juwan are gonna have to be more consistent. Don't get me started on Tominaga.

3. Guard defense. We might have to see more of that soft zone and just hope teams don't shoot well. We don't have those quick guards that can defend the better SGs and PGs

Seems like a team that has the potential for a 12-16 win season. We know how we have to play now, slow, work it into Walker and junk up the game.

I'd love to be wrong and see us sneak into the tournament but we don't have enough data yet.

That hurts. :(
Definitely hurts. Hope Fred goes big, plays Keita a lot, and lets him bang on Jackson-Davis. That won't compensate for Griesel on the offensive end, but I think it give NU the best chance to pull the upset.

I really don’t like our odds on that injury. I don’t think the ball will get moved around nearly as well.
Yeah this is a killer. There's no playmaker to keep the game from becoming a my-turn-to-shoot fest.

ADVERTISEMENT