ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody on a diet for Inflammation?

The problem with this is that they go to school and learn the wrong stuff. They are taught false information regaurding nutrition. The nutrition industry is bought out by big pharma. Don't believe me look at the AHA and see who the donors are. Most are all big pharma. Why because the more unhealthy you are the more meds they can sell you which means more money in there pocket. It's all about money. I changed to a doctor in omaha that had finally woke up about the nutrition industry and when she started to dive into stuff she was shocked. She told me when she was in med school they spoke about 5 minutes on how diabetes affects the body and then a whole week on the meds to prescribe for diabetes. Never once spoke about diet or how to cure it. If you do some research into why they tell you to eat certain things and how we got there it is pretty eye opening and disgusting we got to this in the first place bc of money. Just because you went to school doesn't mean you know anything. Being self taught and actually reading studies and understanding how the body works can be just as useful. I've asked dietitcians questions regaurding certain deits and they don't have an answer because they are fed lies. Why would you eat carbs when your diabetic, so you can keep getting prescribed insulin. Carbs will raise blood sugar and therefore require insulin to lower it bc your body can't do that. What diet do they usually prescibe the standard amaerican diet. Low fat and high carbs. Wake up. The only person that cares about your health and well being is yourself. We have been fed lies our whole life.
the biggest LOL i've ever had
i worked in pharma for 30 years. i sold diabetes meds for 10 years. We told physicians straight out that DIET and exercise was the BEST therapy for type 2 diabetes and meds are 2nd line therapy. I also attended Grand Rounds at the local academic medical center where they teach residents. I probably listened to 30 hour long lectures that were given on type 2 diabetes and they were ALL predominantly diet and exercise related and prioritized.
the problem is most people can't or dont want to do what's necessary.
why do you believe some doctor in omaha? maybe she's the one who is wrong.
i've listened to the foremost experts in the world on type 2 diabetes and they know what they are doing.
most average endocrinologists are very good at their jobs and know what they are doing.
there is not a conspiracy. there are only conspiracy theorists

the biggest LOL i've ever had
i worked in pharma for 30 years. i sold diabetes meds for 10 years. We told physicians straight out that DIET and exercise was the BEST therapy for type 2 diabetes and meds are 2nd line therapy. I also attended Grand Rounds at the local academic medical center where they teach residents. I probably listened to 30 hour long lectures that were given on type 2 diabetes and they were ALL predominantly diet and exercise related and prioritized.
the problem is most people can't or dont want to do what's necessary.
why do you believe some doctor in omaha? maybe she's the one who is wrong.
i've listened to the foremost experts in the world on type 2 diabetes and they know what they are doing.
most average endocrinologists are very good at their jobs and know what they are doing.
there is not a conspiracy. there are only conspiracy theorists
Ok what diet did they tell people to do. The 300 grams a carbs a day. So my doctors education doesn't matter now. Bc you said to listen to people with education. She has helped tons of people reverse there diabetes. So how is she wrong when she is seeing results first hand. Other doctors just like you said don't believe they are following the correct diet. They also don't see results on those diets and give up. Why would I listen to a doctor who is going off the food pyramid that was designed by politicians. Who are these so called experts? The ones being paid for by big pharma? If you follow the money with these experts I'm sure you find your answer on who is paying for there research. Please provide some examples. I've provided some examples.

Ok what diet did they tell people to do. The 300 grams a carbs a day. So my doctors education doesn't matter now. Bc you said to listen to people with education. She has helped tons of people reverse there diabetes. So how is she wrong when she is seeing results first hand. Other doctors just like you said don't believe they are following the correct diet. They also don't see results on those diets and give up. Why would I listen to a doctor who is going off the food pyramid that was designed by politicians. Who are these so called experts? The ones being paid for by big pharma? If you follow the money with these experts I'm sure you find your answer on who is paying for there research. Please provide some examples. I've provided some examples.
i can't even follow what you are saying. why are you all hung up on diets? if you want to lose weight and lower A1C just eat less food in general; and/or eat more fruits/veggies and less of everything else.
stop getting worked up about diets. you can lose weight and lower A1C a million different ways.
eat smaller portions. eat veggies. cut out salt and sugar.
that diet has no name but you will lose weight and lower your A1C.
Every doctor in america has helped patients improve their diabetes. There is no conspiracy.
come down off the ledge. everything is ok
and lowering inflammation has never been shown to offer any benefits. There is an association but no proof that it helps to lower it.
in the meantime it might not help but probably wont hurt to eat berries; dark chocolate, and some specific nuts like walnuts.
if you study the blue zones where people live the longest on the planet they average only 2 servings of meat per week. and in one of the zones the most frequent item on the menu is pasta.

I have been looking to eat healthier as I have got older. I have ditched the potato chips for kale and avocados. I also switched from candy bars to 92% dark chocolate. I drink tea now instead of Mt Dew.

I have also been trying a drink containing 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, and 1Tbsp lemon juice with 1 teaspoon tumeric mixed with water in the morning. They say it aids in digestion and inflammation.

The only thing I haven’t been able to cut out is bread and dairy. Peanut butter sandwiches and Pizza are the two things I love but haven’t been able to find any replacements for them.

I didn’t realize how hard it would be to cut unhealthy grains out of my life until I tried this. I hate fish too which most people say to switch to from red meat.

I do feel better even though I cheat a lot still.

Great question. And the answer is I can only say that the symptoms of inflammation have been gone for more than a year now. All of these are in abeyance:
  • pain
  • fatigue
  • insomnia
  • constipation
  • acid reflux
  • weight gain
im glad you are feeling better. inflammation is a major cause of cardiovascular disease and it is mainly silent.
50% of people die of their first heart attack without knowing they had any issues
not trying to be a debbie downer just pointing out when it comes to inflammation it is mainly ambiguous

im glad you are feeling better. inflammation is a major cause of cardiovascular disease and it is mainly silent.
50% of people die of their first heart attack without knowing they had any issues
not trying to be a debbie downer just pointing out when it comes to inflammation it is mainly ambiguous
Thank you. I respect your opinion. And my doctor's and my wife's. They're both pleased, as am I.

Reactions: WHCSC
I basically follow a Mediterranean dietary lifestyle, but I supplement specifically for inflammation with Apple Cider vinegar (2x per day) and Cumin tablets (2x per day).

I still lift somewhat heavy at age 57 and walk/hike 3-6 miles per day, so feel that inflammation supplements for my aging/crunchy joints are appropriate.

These are my only supplements and all is well on the old man inflammation front.

i can't even follow what you are saying. why are you all hung up on diets? if you want to lose weight and lower A1C just eat less food in general; and/or eat more fruits/veggies and less of everything else.
stop getting worked up about diets. you can lose weight and lower A1C a million different ways.
eat smaller portions. eat veggies. cut out salt and sugar.
that diet has no name but you will lose weight and lower your A1C.
Every doctor in america has helped patients improve their diabetes. There is no conspiracy.
come down off the ledge. everything is ok
and lowering inflammation has never been shown to offer any benefits. There is an association but no proof that it helps to lower it.
in the meantime it might not help but probably wont hurt to eat berries; dark chocolate, and some specific nuts like walnuts.
if you study the blue zones where people live the longest on the planet they average only 2 servings of meat per week. and in one of the zones the most frequent item on the menu is pasta.
And in those zone how many seed oils do those people eat like soybean and cottonseed canola. Probably not much if any at all. The reason I'm so hung up on diet is the "healthy" way of eating is really not healthy at all. Margarine instead of butter more whole wheat and less saturated fat but more seed oils. Carbs are in large amounts are bad yes but what makes everything worse is the seed oils way to much omega 6. Even when you eat "healthy" the companies add it everything. Salad dressing is full of it, seasonings have it in it. Instead of normal ingredients they add a whole bunch of crap to it but people think its healthy or there eating healthy. Literally a company can pay the AHA a monthly fee to add a heart healthy symbol to there box. Those groups probably eat all whole foods and make everything themselfs. As in america we get something that is quick or microwaveable. We should never started eating them. It was companies trying to make profit off of waste and got people to start eating them then all the sudden we have cancer and heart disease through the roof.

And in those zone how many seed oils do those people eat like soybean and cottonseed canola. Probably not much if any at all. The reason I'm so hung up on diet is the "healthy" way of eating is really not healthy at all. Margarine instead of butter more whole wheat and less saturated fat but more seed oils. Carbs are in large amounts are bad yes but what makes everything worse is the seed oils way to much omega 6. Even when you eat "healthy" the companies add it everything. Salad dressing is full of it, seasonings have it in it. Instead of normal ingredients they add a whole bunch of crap to it but people think its healthy or there eating healthy. Literally a company can pay the AHA a monthly fee to add a heart healthy symbol to there box. Those groups probably eat all whole foods and make everything themselfs. As in america we get something that is quick or microwaveable. We should never started eating them. It was companies trying to make profit off of waste and got people to start eating them then all the sudden we have cancer and heart disease through the roof.
And these
EeDhgkqVAAAu8Kf.png

1cff8d55e16e2d95e750ebc6a1eb02ef.jpg

Last edited:
Never wandered down that road, not against it. I need to lose weight to get a knee replacement too, part of why I'm asking.

I might be trying it for my dog here soon, I'll keep it on my radar if I can't find relief here at some point.
I was WAY against it. Swear by it now. Charlottes Web. Like a miracle for me. Dropped the blood pressure 15 points also.

Reactions: LightningJack
I would just spend a couple hours reading through the ABC's of Nutrition on https://www.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/ or the entire weston price site.. ultimately you should be eating as natural meats/animal products as possible (grass fed, free range, pasture raised etc.), fermented foods, natural sources of salt/minerals (such as himalayan sea salt, marine plasma etc.) lastly and most importantly drink lots of purified, mineralized, slightly alkaline structured/coherent/EZ water. Structured water will absolve you of most dietary sins, in todays world it is nearly impossible to avoid, but I would still suggest that you stop poisoning yourself as much as possible.

buyers should always beware. out food industries can label themselves almost anything they want

I would just spend a couple hours reading through the ABC's of Nutrition on https://www.westonaprice.org/abcs-of-nutrition/ or the entire weston price site.. ultimately you should be eating as natural meats/animal products as possible (grass fed, free range, pasture raised etc.), fermented foods, natural sources of salt/minerals (such as himalayan sea salt, marine plasma etc.) lastly and most importantly drink lots of purified, mineralized, slightly alkaline structured/coherent/EZ water. Structured water will absolve you of most dietary sins, in todays world it is nearly impossible to avoid, but I would still suggest that you stop poisoning yourself as much as possible.
there's a million different nutrition experts; books; doctors; diets; opinions. Many of the so called experts even disagree with each other.
there is no proof of one diet versus another. there are only opinions.
if you eat less you will lose weight. if you eat less you will probably reduce your A1C. if you eat less you will probably reduce arterial inflammation. notice i didn't say anything about what to eat because that has a million different opinions.
the amount of food really is not debated. and it may be the only thing that is not debated.
with so many contrasting opinions and a total LACK of any evidence for any nutritional plan over another i tend to lean towards the population health data which goes back to the blue zones.
we dont even know for sure these people live longer because of their diet or something else. But it is pretty clear that these areas have WAY more centenarians than they are supposed to have.
they dont buy books or count calories or fat or order CRP tests.
in america most of that is done to make money.

If you're seriously committed to losing weight, you should consider seriously committing to keto. It changes your life and lifestyle. Takes discipline, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes 2nd nature. It really does work. Simply follow the rules. But strictly. If you weaken and break it, you sort of have to start all over. When someone tells you "oh, just give yourself a break for today and eat whatever"...don't unless you're prepared to backslide.

Lots of information out there about Keto ........

I have lost 44 lbs since February doing my own version of Keto along with some intermittent fasting.

My goal is that for once in my life I want to have my BMI say that I am NOT over weight....ten pounds to go.

there's a million different nutrition experts; books; doctors; diets; opinions. Many of the so called experts even disagree with each other.
if you eat less you will lose weight. if you eat less you will probably reduce your A1C. if you eat less you will probably reduce arterial inflammation. notice i didn't say anything about what to eat because that has a million different opinions.
the amount of food really is not debated. and it may be the only thing that is not debated.
with so many contrasting opinions and a total LACK of any evidence for any nutritional plan over another i tend to lean towards the population health data which goes back to the blue zones.
we dont even know for sure these people live longer because of their diet or something else. But it is pretty clear that these areas have WAY more centenarians than they are supposed to have.
I agree, lots of Information & Misinformation out there. I've done alot of different diets over the years and the older you get etc. Not buying food out of a window from my car and not eating everything out of a box is a start. Most anything will be better than what I'm doing.

I'm goona cook more and start reading labels. I think getting alot of bad oils and sugar and pop out of my system are gonna be the big issues.

Yes, I don't disagree that there is way too much nutritional advice out there, but really my point/intention/ observation is most if not all food in the supermarket is toxic/contaminated in some way or another and it is the ingestion/absorption of contaminates, accumulated through life that will cause disease. So while it is unlikely that you can eliminate all toxins completely in your food that you eat, the water that you drink and bathe in and the air you breathe, we should all try to reduce as much toxins from entering our bodies as we can. I don't think anyone can disagree with the advice.. "reduce intake of known toxins that have known deleterious outcomes".. its common sense and there are plenty of studies and evidence to support it. If people only ate with that in the back of their minds we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And, guess what? in absence of toxins virtually every diet (in moderation) would have perceptibly successful outcomes.

Also, yes, we should fast.. eating less helps: for one you limit the amount of toxins entering body by simply eating less, secondly if you were to take that concept further and fast then you would turn on autophagy pathways, allowing your body time to focus on breaking down dysfunctional cells/tissues in your body. Outside of the modern conveniences of supermarkets, this is how we would naturally live because we wouldn't have food available at all times... we were created to not eat for prolonged periods of time so there should be no surprise that it would have therapeutic benefits to doing so.

The length of a fast will be dictated by the individual and the outcomes they are seeking, but it is thought autophagy will begin at about 20 hrs into the fast. So that being said, I typically will go 48 hrs or longer to allow my body sufficient time to get some work done :)

Yes, I don't disagree that there is way too much nutritional advice out there, but really my point/intention/ observation is most if not all food in the supermarket is toxic/contaminated in some way or another and it is the ingestion/absorption of contaminates, accumulated through life that will cause disease. So while it is unlikely that you can eliminate all toxins completely in your food that you eat, the water that you drink and bathe in and the air you breathe, we should all try to reduce as much toxins from entering our bodies as we can. I don't think anyone can disagree with the advice.. "reduce intake of known toxins that have known deleterious outcomes".. its common sense and there are plenty of studies and evidence to support it. If people only ate with that in the back of their minds we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And, guess what? in absence of toxins virtually every diet (in moderation) would have perceptibly successful outcomes.

Also, yes, we should fast.. eating less helps: for one you limit the amount of toxins entering body by simply eating less, secondly if you were to take that concept further and fast then you would turn on autophagy pathways, allowing your body time to focus on breaking down dysfunctional cells/tissues in your body. Outside of the modern conveniences of supermarkets, this is how we would naturally live because we wouldn't have food available at all times... we were created to not eat for prolonged periods of time so there should be no surprise that it would have therapeutic benefits to doing so.
Been looking at periodic fasting too, gonna bee crazy trying to squeeze that in. I work nights and tend to sleep 2-3X a day. I suppose getting in shape, I'll sleep better and that would help me as well.

I get up at 1:45am and work 3:00am to 11:30am. Typically I eat dinner at 6PM.....then I do not eat again until the next day when I get home from work at 12:15. That gives me an 18 hour fast. Sometimes I do try to stretch it out...but I am pretty hungry when I get home. This works for me....

For beginners it may be best to start with intermittent fasting by not eating breakfast... and then lunch... by doing that, you will be more effective at breaking habit induced food cravings that would make a longer fast seem unpleasant. The truth is, most people (myself included) that i know that fast feel far better (more energy, clearer mind, better mood) in a fasted state than a fed state, it is quite the opposite from unpleasant.

Been looking at periodic fasting too, gonna bee crazy trying to squeeze that in. I work nights and tend to sleep 2-3X a day. I suppose getting in shape, I'll sleep better and that would help me as well.
Yeah, it's difficult to achieve health without getting uninterrupted sleep and its something I've also struggled with. There is obviously a lot of advice on that as well, but what I found most effective is eliminating as much EMF and light as possible. I turn off my router and put my phone on airplane mode. I still get background radiation from the neighbor's wifi, but it seems to have helped.

Yeah, it's difficult to achieve health without getting uninterrupted sleep and its something I've also struggled with. There is obviously a lot of advice on that as well, but what I found most effective is eliminating as much EMF and light as possible. I turn off my router and put my phone on airplane mode. I still get background radiation from the neighbor's wifi, but it seems to have helped.
I've worked nights going on 29 yrs now, it sux hard. But the good still out weighs the bad, but not necessarily health wise. My bedroom is a cave, no light during the day in this MoFo. I keep my phone off during the work week, so it doesn't wake me up. I take Melatonin & prescription Trazadone to sleep, it's decent but not perfect. If I had the energy to stay up all day then could sleep 7-8 hours, that would be better me thinks.

With the right diet plan and medication, even type 2 diabetes can be maintained in balance. There's the saying "you are what you eat," and that's true. Have you ever noticed how you feel after eating some BBQ ribs compared to how you feel after eating a healthy salad?
I guess everybody has right now the same answer!
For those interested, you might consider checking medicalweightlosslehighvalley.com for more information about weight loss.
Think about your health and be responsible.

Last edited:
You don't have to squeeze it in. It actually makes your life easier. Eliminating a meal and snacks cuts out food planning, prep, clean up and consumption drastically. If you get into a rhythm, say 2 meals a day in an 8 hour eating window, you start to be more deliberate about what goes on the plate, thus making better choices.

So how long of a fasting period is needed to be effective? 24 hrs? 48 hrs?
there is no prospective, randomized, placebo controlled trial showing benefit? to fasting. so there certainly is no clear cut data on how long to go between meals.
it is controversial. there are a lot of things about intermittent fasting that seem like they would be of benefit but, as of yet, no proof of most of those benefits.
Reading and understanding clinical trials is outside the expertise of 99.9% of the population. But its a VERY important concept to understand if you want to know that your behavior changes are relevant.
There is a preventative cardiologist here in KC who is nationally recognized for his work on preventing heart disease. He has done some work on intermittent fasting that sounds very beneficial. But even he admitted he couldn't tell anyone that fasting would have any significant effect on inflammation or artery health.
therefore he doesn't stop or recommend people fast.

For beginners it may be best to start with intermittent fasting by not eating breakfast... and then lunch... by doing that, you will be more effective at breaking habit induced food cravings that would make a longer fast seem unpleasant. The truth is, most people (myself included) that i know that fast feel far better (more energy, clearer mind, better mood) in a fasted state than a fed state, it is quite the opposite from unpleasant.
It's true. When I've fasted, I'll hit this euphoria sometimes, usually around 11am where I feel amazing. Energized, focused, motivated. I really need to get back into my fasting routine.

Fasting is silly. Eat healthy and exercise (alternate days between weights and cardio, get outside to exercise when possible). Mediterranean diet basically, but avoid high oxalates; when eating meat have a little dairy to help reduce purines; drink plenty of fluids; antioxidants; lots of sugar and processed foods bad.

You're welcome.

Fasting is silly. Eat healthy and exercise (alternate days between weights and cardio, get outside to exercise when possible). Mediterranean diet basically, but avoid high oxalates; when eating meat have a little dairy to help reduce purines; drink plenty of fluids; antioxidants; lots of sugar and processed foods bad.

You're welcome.
It's not silly. There are a lot of studies behind it.

If you simply eat healthy and exercise, do you have to fast?
Look at it as a third pillar. Nutrition and exercise are foundational. No one should fast in hopes of ignoring the other 2. The biggest benefit of fasting is autophagy. I don't know of another way to maximize that outside of obstaining from food for an extended period.

Look at it as a third pillar. Nutrition and exercise are foundational. No one should fast in hopes of ignoring the other 2. The biggest benefit of fasting is autophagy. I don't know of another way to maximize that outside of obstaining from food for an extended period.
Fair enough. When I talk about eating healthy, I consider not overeating, or eating in moderation (smaller but nutritious meals), as part of that, which I think gets you there, but I could be wrong.

Watching husker games gives you inflamation lol.

But inflammation usually comes from sugars, trans fats and toxins (meds, fake sugar, drinking, smoking, etc.) I notice when I eat better I feel a lot better. Oh yea and gluten causes inflamation, you could be allergic to it.

Last edited:
Funny how this thread got traction and showed up again. Just last week went and saw my Dr. and had 10 vials of Blood drawn for a Metabolic profile. Him and his PA specialize in a Ketogentic lifestyle and help people lose weight.

I actually lost 25 lbs pretty quick, but had no energy to speak of after one month. I put 10 lbs back on in a f'in week after I set fire to the wagon and left it in the ditch. Figured I get some professional help and let them guide me. I go back on the 24th and get my results and see what they want me to eat/do for food.

Having some accountability to somebody besides myself might be what I need right now. My Dr. is also opening up a Gym in West O next month (what timing) might have to join if not to expensive.

Funny how this thread got traction and showed up again. Just last week went and saw my Dr. and had 10 vials of Blood drawn for a Metabolic profile. Him and his PA specialize in a Ketogentic lifestyle and help people lose weight.

I actually lost 25 lbs pretty quick, but had no energy to speak of after one month. I put 10 lbs back on in a f'in week after I set fire to the wagon and left it in the ditch. Figured I get some professional help and let them guide me. I go back on the 24th and get my results and see what they want me to eat/do for food.

Having some accountability to somebody besides myself might be what I need right now. My Dr. is also opening up a Gym in West O next month (what timing) might have to join if not to expensive.
Who is the doctor you go see? Mine is leaving in October and need to find a new one that specializes in the Keto diet. If you dont want to give that information out I undrrstand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT