ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody on a diet for Inflammation?

Who is the doctor you go see? Mine is leaving in October and need to find a new one that specializes in the Keto diet. If you dont want to give that information out I undrrstand.
My guy is Brad Winterstein, he's a Weight Loss & General Surgeon. He also runs the Metabolic program for Methodist Hospital. He's done Keto for about 13-14 yrs I think. His PA Ali Hunter has been into it for a while too. He doesn't pull punches (fyi) and called me out on some things which i had coming. He's very personable but very upfront about what he believes. I'm not saying he's right for everybody, but I need to Hitch my wagon to something and get this weight off BAD!

If you follow the link, you'll see who he's going into Business with if you manage to scroll that far.
https://www.upgradepi.com/meet-our-team

You need the proper motivation to lose the weight. 3 buddies and I have a weight loss challenge and the loser has to get a nipple piercing. That is motivation enough to lose the weight.
You aren't kidding about the motivation. I have always exercised and been in decent shape, but I have never really eaten very healthy. Had a recent painful medical condition (not too serious) that was debilitating. It humbled the hell out of me and as it was as a sharp reminder of mortality. So now making real efforts to limit the crap and the potentially sneaky harmful stuff.

My guy is Brad Winterstein, he's a Weight Loss & General Surgeon. He also runs the Metabolic program for Methodist Hospital. He's done Keto for about 13-14 yrs I think. His PA Ali Hunter has been into it for a while too. He doesn't pull punches (fyi) and called me out on some things which i had coming. He's very personable but very upfront about what he believes. I'm not saying he's right for everybody, but I need to Hitch my wagon to something and get this weight off BAD!

If you follow the link, you'll see who he's going into Business with if you manage to scroll that far.
Cool thanks. I will look into them. Good luck with your weight loss!

Reactions: LightningJack

Keto can be pretty restrictive. Not saying thats a bad thing. But I follow Stan Efferding's Vertical diet. It's a low fodmap diet built for athletes. Definitely check it out.

Been feeling really off for the last several weeks (more than normal ;) So went to the Dr. and got a bunch of bloodwork done. Everything is great, but my hsCRP (test for inflammation) is pretty high. I've lost 30 lbs this year, mainly just walking the dogs more and eliminating a lot of junk food and pop. I need to get on something better, as this inflammation is kicking my ass and joints & Aleve and Tylenol aintz cuttin it.

I'm open to try a (better) diet. I've just been making better choices till now, haven't committed to anything real serious yet. I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck in dealing with this issue specifically and what diet are you on and have you had any good luck with Keto, Paleo, Mediterranean, etc. Lots of information out there and more ways to spend my $$$

Thanks, GBR
Supplementation with Turmeric blended with bioperine, otherwise it's not very bio available, and then 12mg astaxanthin sourced from algae. Both are very affordable.

A lot of the blame lays at the feet of Ancel Keys. He falsified his studies to conclude that saturated fat was the problem, leading to the immunity of carbohydrates and the grain industry. Another example of making money at the cost of the populace. **** that guy so hard.

Also, the dietetics association was founded by the 7th day adventists and continues to be influenced to this day. Graham crackers were invented as a way to lower sex drive and Kellogg's is also a 7th day adventist. 7th day believed that meat eating caused primal urges.
As a victim of a 7th day Adventist father, this just scratches the surface of their psychosis and utterly ridiculous elitism.

Supplementation with Turmeric blended with bioperine, otherwise it's not very bio available, and then 12mg astaxanthin sourced from algae. Both are very affordable.
I did for a time, but I can't do the Turmeric. I've had my Gallbladder out and that can increase your chances of getting Gallstones again. Which I've had a couple stones since my GB was removed 8 yrs ago, don't need those again.

I did for a time, but I can't do the Turmeric. I've had my Gallbladder out and that can increase your chances of getting Gallstones again. Which I've had a couple stones since my GB was removed 8 yrs ago, don't need those again.
Interesting. I've had mine out too and had no idea! Will have to look further into that.

Interesting. I've had mine out too and had no idea! Will have to look further into that.
My understanding, is it increases bile production. Which not having a Gallbladder could be bad. I had a few stones after my Gallbladder was out. I assume it was dietary or my eating to much Indian food Laughing so I backed off on a couple things.

I wasn't told not to take it, just ran it across it when researching Turmeric. Figured I'd steer clear.

Reactions: Jung A. Sungonung
Bile blockage (cholestasis) causes all kinds of illnesses. Bile is important to expel toxic compounds. Imagine if a septic tank backs up into the blood and other organs.

Fasting makes perfect sense. Teaches you discipline, self-control, and appreciation. In our country of abundance, so many people eat/snack just because they can...not because the should.

I think Michael Irvin (WR) once said something like you should eat for purpose, not for pleasure.

Fasting makes perfect sense. Teaches you discipline, self-control, and appreciation. In our country of abundance, so many people eat/snack just because they can...not because the should.

I think Michael Irvin (WR) once said something like you should eat for purpose, not for pleasure.
I agree at least for 80% of the time. But food is a highly enjoyable and social part of life which means some of the tastiest stuff isn't the best for us. The problem is we're lighting up our brains pleasure centers constantly with sugar salt and fat. The brain loves it. The rest of the body downstream hates it.

I cut out all red meat still have chicken sometimes and feel way better. My wife is vegan and she eats the plant based meat, but most is toxic. However, to indulge one company called The Very good butchers, (The Very Good Food company) has an all organic product. I like it very much especially the taco stuffer. The British bangers cook up amazingly well for a vegan dog. Made from beans. I enjoy it and we order from them often. It does have wheat gluten. However, they are having gluten free options coming out shortly. Doesn’t give me a problem. We love it.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT