ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know how Jaivario Burkes is doing?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I posed this question a while back. I know he had a serious medical condition that forced him to quit football. I think it required a kidney transplant if I remember correctly.

I posed this question a while back. I know he had a serious medical condition that forced him to quit football. I think it required a kidney transplant if I remember correctly.

That’s nice of you to wonder about an ex-Husker. I don’t have any info, but also wish there was more info on ex Huskers and “where are they now” etc. The write up on Willie Miller a couple weeks ago was a good story.

Thought he quit because his blood pressure was high and couldn’t control it. I could be wrong

Javario was a super talented kid. Probably the most talented of all those Arizona kids that included Prince and Haag. Really too bad he had all the health stuff, as he would have had a long career playing football. Hope he’s doing well.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Last I herd he had lost a ton of weight and was battling keeping a stable the blood pressure.

I wish we’d go back into recruiting AZ

Last I herd he had lost a ton of weight and was battling keeping a stable the blood pressure.

Maybe if Ty Robinson, Noa Pola Gates and Javin Wright have success it could attract some attention to start a mini pipeline.

Reactions: headcard
That’s nice of you to wonder about an ex-Husker. I don’t have any info, but also wish there was more info on ex Huskers and “where are they now” etc. The write up on Willie Miller a couple weeks ago was a good story.
Willie Miller? Please share

The underlying cause of his blood pressure was an inherited kidney ailment I believe.

My sister in law has a serious kidney ailment caused by high blood pressure.
Hypertension can in fact damage your kidneys. It can also be a symptom of kidney disease. As I stated, I was told he had an inherited kidney ailment that was causing the high blood pressure. The kidney disease had other undesirable effects as well. I'm pretty certain that he was going to have to have a kidney transplant. .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT