ADVERTISEMENT

Any real chance you guys leave Big10?

I’d leave the B1G today. And this isn’t fueled by the covid reaction, I’ve been feeling this as a fan for a while. I miss closer away games, recruiting Texas, and a lot of other things. I know the extra $ has been nice, but I can’t pretend I like it in this league anymore. To me, it just doesn’t seem like we fit.
Not to mention the big tens disdain for college baseball.

Precisely the point. Did you miss my sarcasm?:Cool:
Yep its not a con_spiracy! But the way its being dealt with......now that warrants the real concern.
Freedoms lost, identity removed, confinement STRONGLY recommended, fines to prove it, eye contact not encouraged, as everyone you meet could be inferred as your potential undertaker, watching concerts from metal boxes/shields, keeping the recommended distance from others, now being encouraged to wear a shield as well, and further punishment(s) remove sports, and activities that our youth need for normal social and physical well being, just to name a few.

Saying Big 12 fans clearly are desperate for Nebraska to come back is a bit of a stretch... NU football has struggled and basketball doesn’t exist. I do think Frost will get them going I hope they own the Big 10 especially after this episode.

Big10 really showed their true colors by looking the other way with MSU and all off the issues OSU has done. Never mind Penn St. should have been banned for life.

Nebraska wants to play football and never has any issues in the program. Personally I think the Big Ten doesn’t deserve Nebraska.

Nebraska membership would help travel for some Big 12 fans and for nostalgic matchups. However they did get more respect in Big12 than they receive in Big 10. I would prefer Nebraska in Big 12 to hopefully start dominos to make football more geographically accurate.

But it really doesn’t matter. As soon as the first check is written to an athlete it’s over.

I guess I must have misinterpreted all of those threads that pop up here from Big 12 fans explaining how we belong in the Big 12 and imploring us to come back.

The Big Ten is the best thing that ever happened to the University of Nebraska (despite this bungled football season). The Big 12, one of the worst. Again, if Nebraska football had not struggled so much the past several seasons, no one would give a second thought to the Big 12. The nostalgia fans feel is for winning football, not driving to Ames, IA. And Big 12 fans clearly want NU back now, because the football team is a shadow of the behemoth it once was. OF COURSE they want NU back now. They have a shot to beat NU now.

As soon as Nebraska starts showing up in the B1G conference game on a regular basis, no one will miss Manhattan, KS.

Both Michigan and Indiana had good runs in baseball. No reason Nebraska baseball can’t be successful in the B1G.

I see that point, and agree. But I think the road would be much smoother in a conference where it isn’t cold/rainy the majority of the college baseball season. And games in Texas would be far better for recruiting.

Reactions: saluno22
It’s clear many Big 12 fans are desperate to have Nebraska back. There are even some NU fans that would like to go back. It ain’t happening. Despite our bitterness over this nonsense, there is no sweeter spot for the University of Nebraska than the Big Ten.

Note: When you hear NU fans wishing they could go back to the Big 12, they’re really wishing NU would go back to championship caliber football. One B1G title, or even a few trips to the CCG will stop the ‘return to the Big 12’ talk.

you are an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT