ADVERTISEMENT

Any real chance you guys leave Big10?

Dec 27, 2017
Kind of a lack of respect comments from the Big Ten regarding the football season in my opinion. Especially with OSU, Michigan and of course Sandusky U issues since joining the conference.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No chance but this conference is pathetic. Team drs at multiple schools accused of sexual assault, one school with pedophilia issues, a school with racial bias just recently.

Then Nebraska...."we want to play we will explore all options to play"

Big 10. "You play your out of the conference"

What an embarrassing conference.

I agree with the others that the answer is no. However, I think of the SEC came calling we would be gone. Too much money (soon) and much more exposure and recruiting opportunities in a wide geographic area. Just my opinion. Would the travel be more? A little but we are flying everywhere now anyway.

Reactions: buddha7mu
Every coach in the conference wants to play, most are just used to to JD as commish who was basically a dictator...

The coaches that don't want to play...MSU, Indiana, Rutgers, MD (not because they all suck) but, why play when you know you can NOT play, get paid...AND get another year added on your contract when you are at a shit school.

I agree with the others that the answer is no. However, I think of the SEC came calling we would be gone. Too much money (soon) and much more exposure and recruiting opportunities in a wide geographic area. Just my opinion. Would the travel be more? A little but we are flying everywhere now anyway.

I don’t know about that. Nebraska still tries to value its academics and outside of Vanderbilt and Florida, getting a college education from an SEC school is a joke. Sports (primarily only Football and Baseball) is the only thing going for the SEC.

Put it this way, Ohio State & Michigan are as much of a blue blood as Bama and yet their sports was out voted by it’s academics. Do you think the academics has that power over Bama football?

Reactions: RichardMassive
It’s clear many Big 12 fans are desperate to have Nebraska back. There are even some NU fans that would like to go back. It ain’t happening. Despite our bitterness over this nonsense, there is no sweeter spot for the University of Nebraska than the Big Ten.

Note: When you hear NU fans wishing they could go back to the Big 12, they’re really wishing NU would go back to championship caliber football. One B1G title, or even a few trips to the CCG will stop the ‘return to the Big 12’ talk.

The only way Nebraska gets respect again is to win. I believe Frost is on the verge of this but you cant win if you dont play
So you're saying COVID is a conspiracy to prevent Nebraska from winning games!?! Wow, I knew this thing went deep but never imagined it went THIS far.

So you're saying COVID is a conspiracy to prevent Nebraska from winning games!?! Wow, I knew this thing went deep but never imagined it went THIS far.
It's a real thing and most people are going to get it. I had it already. It's not going to effect young people like a 70 year old

5000 school aged children die in auto accidents every year. Do we stop having school age kids in cars LIFE MUST GO ON

It's a real thing and most people are going to get it. I had it already. It's not going to effect young people like a 70 year old

5000 school aged children die in auto accidents every year. Do we stop having school age kids in cars LIFE MUST GO ON
Great point!

It’s clear many Big 12 fans are desperate to have Nebraska back. There are even some NU fans that would like to go back. It ain’t happening. Despite our bitterness over this nonsense, there is no sweeter spot for the University of Nebraska than the Big Ten.

Note: When you hear NU fans wishing they could go back to the Big 12, they’re really wishing NU would go back to championship caliber football. One B1G title, or even a few trips to the CCG will stop the ‘return to the Big 12’ talk.

I think a big part of the sentiment of wanting to go back is the travel aspect. A lot of people miss the days when an away game was basically just a 1 day road trip or an overnight stay.

No chance but this conference is pathetic. Team drs at multiple schools accused of sexual assault, one school with pedophilia issues, a school with racial bias just recently.

Then Nebraska...."we want to play we will explore all options to play"

Big 10. "You play your out of the conference"

What an embarrassing conference.
My Arkansas friends say they understand a desire to leave a Bevo conference, but the Big Ten may be worse in many ways.

I think a big part of the sentiment of wanting to go back is the travel aspect. A lot of people miss the days when an away game was basically just a 1 day road trip or an overnight stay.
Bingo. The closest drive now is Iowa at about 4.5 hours from Lincoln, and that trip is every other year. In a similar two-year period in the Big 12, there are three schools closer (Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State) at which Nebraska would play road games.

probably not. It would involve short term money for likely longer term less money I think. The Longwhoren network is a problem for the B12.

The Longhorn Network is only an issue if you don't care about your school losing its own independence, and if you don't care about a central authority making all of your decisions, financial or otherwise (basically Moscow in 1950s). Kind of like the Big Ten.

Yeah, I miss Dan Beebe and Bonghorns like another hole in my head. But the Big8 ......I do miss greatly.

I’d leave the B1G today. And this isn’t fueled by the covid reaction, I’ve been feeling this as a fan for a while. I miss closer away games, recruiting Texas, and a lot of other things. I know the extra $ has been nice, but I can’t pretend I like it in this league anymore. To me, it just doesn’t seem like we fit.

No, you missed the point of my smart assed comment. I get thinking that not playing football is an overreaction. I was making fun of people that think its all some deep state conspiracy against Trump, Nebraska football, America, freedom... whatever. And by the way, life IS going on. Every day.

Reactions: jedimasterjed
I’d leave the B1G today. And this isn’t fueled by the covid reaction, I’ve been feeling this as a fan for a while. I miss closer away games, recruiting Texas, and a lot of other things. I know the extra $ has been nice, but I can’t pretend I like it in this league anymore. To me, it just doesn’t seem like we fit.

I agree. I was excited to move to the B1G because of the money and play some of the teams, but the fit is definitely not there. It's also really weird watching BTN greatest of all time stuff and everything is non-B1G related for the most part. It was fun while it lasted, but I would love to go back (no way it is happening).

I have to think we’d feel we fit a lot better if we won more games.

I get that the short road trips were convenient. But don’t forget that KU, KSU, and ISU all worked to undermine Nebraska when the Big 12 was formed; and gave a big fat “Eff you” when we left - even though they all would have joined the Big Ten in an instant if given the chance.

Winning will cure your nostalgia.

Saying Big 12 fans clearly are desperate for Nebraska to come back is a bit of a stretch... NU football has struggled and basketball doesn’t exist. I do think Frost will get them going I hope they own the Big 10 especially after this episode.

Big10 really showed their true colors by looking the other way with MSU and all off the issues OSU has done. Never mind Penn St. should have been banned for life.

Nebraska wants to play football and never has any issues in the program. Personally I think the Big Ten doesn’t deserve Nebraska.

Nebraska membership would help travel for some Big 12 fans and for nostalgic matchups. However they did get more respect in Big12 than they receive in Big 10. I would prefer Nebraska in Big 12 to hopefully start dominos to make football more geographically accurate.

But it really doesn’t matter. As soon as the first check is written to an athlete it’s over.

Saying Big 12 fans clearly are desperate for Nebraska to come back is a bit of a stretch... NU football has struggled and basketball doesn’t exist. I do think Frost will get them going I hope they own the Big 10 especially after this episode.

Big10 really showed their true colors by looking the other way with MSU and all off the issues OSU has done. Never mind Penn St. should have been banned for life.

Nebraska wants to play football and never has any issues in the program. Personally I think the Big Ten doesn’t deserve Nebraska.

Nebraska membership would help travel for some Big 12 fans and for nostalgic matchups. However they did get more respect in Big12 than they receive in Big 10. I would prefer Nebraska in Big 12 to hopefully start dominos to make football more geographically accurate.

But it really doesn’t matter. As soon as the first check is written to an athlete it’s over.
I like what you're saying in general, but with money being king and a large chunk in college football coming from media rights, geographically compact/logical conference footprints decrease a group's earning potential. It's about the number of service carriers you can get to include your channel in their bundle, and then charge more accordingly because there is enough demand that you would lose customers to alternatives.

What people seem to forget sometimes is all this media rights money doesn't just magically appear, it's largely paid for with subscription fees.

So while the old all-Texas SWC was fun, it was of interest only to a discrete number of households: those in Texas plus a little here and there throughout the country. The name of the game for the last couple decades has been to have a large footprint to force interest in parts of the country that otherwise wouldn't care.

You, sir, read a lot into a post that wasn't there.

No, you missed the point of my smart assed comment. I get thinking that not playing football is an overreaction. I was making fun of people that think its all some deep state conspiracy against Trump, Nebraska football, America, freedom... whatever. And by the way, life IS going on. Every day.
I am sometimes a little slow, lol

Reactions: mgbreis

Do you miss winning, too? The wins in B12 would come easier and you wouldn't have to play Iowa.

Last edited:
Nope. College athletics are about money. Unless the money somewhere else is better we'll be in the B1G indefinitely

This seems to be a few synapses shy of a logical analysis.

Do you miss winning, too? The wins in B12 would come easier and you wouldn't have to play Iowa.
Iowa has had recent success but still overall head to head tells a more realistic story. Yes Iowa has won lately but if you think that is a TREND uhhhh its already turning, you will notice that fairly soon, if they ever let us field the teams again

This seems to be a few synapses shy of a logical analysis.
You read the entire thread, right??? Or do I need to spoon feed you? It. Was. Sarcasm. Directed. To. People. Who. Think. COVID. Is. A. Conspiracy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT