ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Wandale Robinson’s availability for Maryland game?

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
Anyone have an update on his status? Even though Mills had a great game vs Wisconsin, this offense still needs his play making ability.

I hope if he’s back we only use him at WR. For health reasons and also it’s time to start to establish Mills as real RB lead back. Time to prep for 2020

Reactions: FrostedScottyOs
Wandale was not listed on this weeks depth chart heading into the Maryland game so I don’t think it’s looking to promising for him to play.

At least this means Mills will get to play a fair amount!

Edit: oops, maybe I typed too early

They are going to redshirt Rahmir Johnson, that has been the plan all along, so I expect us to see him in four games only. I can't remember how many he has played in so far but I think it is at least two.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They are going to redshirt Rahmir Johnson, that has been the plan all along, so I expect us to see him in four games only. I can't remember how many he has played in so far but I think it is at least two.
Team website says he's played in three:
Johnson bio

Anyone have an update on his status? Even though Mills had a great game vs Wisconsin, this offense still needs his play making ability.
Any idea what is going on? He played pretty well to the last play vs Purdue and was begging to go in. He didn't seem very injured to that point. Now we are 3 weeks down the road and still unable to play.

Any idea what is going on? He played pretty well to the last play vs Purdue and was begging to go in. He didn't seem very injured to that point. Now we are 3 weeks down the road and still unable to play.
He was grabbing the top of his hip when he came out of the game. He is one tough SOB and would have gone back in if they would have let him. They haven't released his injuries but he's really banged up.

Hopefully having Wan'dale taken away from them forces them to make some peace with the notion of "running ugly" and just winning the damn game even if it doesn't seem pretty or clever to look at.

The way Mills ran last week gives you a serious case of the what ifs about some other games in this season. A commitment to getting the run game on track with a back who can make yardage out of mediocre blocking could have really turned the outcome in a few of those games.

I've been saying all year that inside and outside zone are the gas that make this offense go. There's been too much time spent in games on the tires and custom gearshifts and top end headlights when what they needed to do was put the damn gas in the car.

I love Wan'dale but he's not a credible threat in inside run game. He gets grabbed in the weeds in there and he's stopped. He doesn't make me worry about getting gashed between the tackles. Mills does.

And Wan'dale's vision and elusiveness are on a level Mills will never have, but what Mills can do that Wan'dale can't is turn an ugly play into a decent play. That's what this team needs right now is to get defenses worried about giving up ugly yards. That unlocks the luxury of so many of the pretty plays that Wan'dale can turn into beautiful plays.

Yes WR is a tough Sob and would play injured if given the opportunity. However that's not always in the best interest of not only himself, but of the team as well. Sometimes you just gotta shelf a guy until he's good to go for another important game (or Iowa). Let's hope he good by then, and that we can beat Maryland without needing his skills set.

I agree with Beav above, gotta run Mills into the dirt if able to. I know he got dinged up a bit the last game, but how about the Wisconsin defenders on the other end of some of those trucks? His vision and patience is improving enough to make it work quite well as we saw last Saturday, and he's got the raw power to make something out of nothing and get yac if there is at least serviceable blocking. The o line is finally beginning to gel at a crucial time of the season. Give that run game a chance to do it for us!

Reactions: TheBeav815
Mills' performance last week reminded me a lot of Ozigbo's coming out. When finally given the chance to get some work in, the kid flourishes. Hopefully we have him healthy and ready this week and we commit to running the ball so it opens up the passing game and all can produce!

Last week it was Mills with Mazour spelling him. I would think we'll see the same this Saturday. Rahmir is indeed at three games and I would think they would want his services against Iowa if needed. Is Bradley that bad that he cannot see the field even in these circumstances?
I'll add that I think AM will either be the top rusher or second rusher at Maryland.

Mills' performance last week reminded me a lot of Ozigbo's coming out. When finally given the chance to get some work in, the kid flourishes. Hopefully we have him healthy and ready this week and we commit to running the ball so it opens up the passing game and all can produce!
hopefully he hangs onto the ball, too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT