ADVERTISEMENT

Any insight on who our lead RB will be?

Wilbon. He has the skill set of Barry Sanders. Barry was average and Wilbon can be that way too.

I have no idea what Tulsa Tom is getting at with the Barry Sanders shit, but yeah from what I've heard and read Wilbon looks to be the guy with the best potential. I hear Taylor and Cross brought up but not much on Newby...which I don't know how to take.

1. Wilbon
2. Cross
3(2b). Taylor
4. Newby

If I had to make a guess what the depth chart would look like against BYU

It's all guesswork at this point. I see a 'We-Back' situation developing for now.

But I agree with TT. Sanders was just average RB surrounded by awesome team. Anyone could have done what he did with the same players around him.

My take on this sites podcast is that Wilbon and Taylor will be the rb's with Wilbon having the edge. Of course this is March, and no depth chart has been released.

Just as in the qb evaluation and selection, I will be happy with however the staff ranks them and in whatever capacity the staff chooses to play them.

They're all moving around well, each is a good football player.

This post was edited on 3/20 4:48 PM by HuskerTimOmaha

At the end of the day, it's about the running backs. I point my thumb at the running backs, not the finger. I think we have some good football players. They just didn't execute during Spring Practice. At the end of the day, running backs point their thumbs at the rest of us. They just need to get better, at the end of the day. Oh, and **** you.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
Wilbon. He has the skill set of Barry Sanders. Barry was average and Wilbon can be that way too.
You meant Barry White, right?

Originally posted by kchu5ker555:
Probably whomever most closely resembles Lawrence Phillips, Ahman Green, Mike Rozier, etc.
IF we had anybody that resembled those guys they would have beat out Ameer. IF Ameer would have had the lines those guys played behind though, he would have won the Heisman last year. Tom has said that Phillips was the most talented (physically gifted) RB he had ever seen in college or the NFL. Ahman and Rozier both proved it in the NFL for multiple years. I don't see anybody on our roster with that skill set or those physical tools. Taylor looked like he maybe could be that kind of guy coming out of high school, size speed, vision. We'll see how he does post injury.

WAY to early to tell. Wilbon and Taylor have been running with the Red's and getting a lot of carrys. Still learning the offense with the heavy lifting yet to come. At least four very talented RBs, very nice position to be in. Agree about LP, he was not only the most talented Husker RB I have seen, he was right up there at the top approaching guys like Sayers, Sanders, Simpson and Payton. All had somewhat different skill sets but each could do it all. Just could not control his temper (in every instance he had a right to be upset but couldn't maintain self control, except in a game). The combination of Coach Osborne and playing time seemed to be the only thing that helped him. Talking about a guy that drastically needed a father figure. anger management. Should have been another Heisman in that Trophy Case.

ADVERTISEMENT