ADVERTISEMENT

Any HS coaches use Hudl for film?

TruHusker

Head Coach
Sep 21, 2001
Any HS coaches use Hudl for all of their film review? It is my understanding coaches can get near instant reply during the game, next week's opposing team film nearly immediately, formations, tenancies, stats and a bunch more.

This is a far cry from a four hour drive Saturday morning to trade film and then watching it frame by frame over and over to chart information.

I’m at the point where I’m surprised if there’s a HS coach that doesn’t use Hudl. I mean, I work in middle school athletics and I’ve almost got my school admin thinking we need it too.

Any HS coaches use Hudl for all of their film review? It is my understanding coaches can get near instant reply during the game, next week's opposing team film nearly immediately, formations, tenancies, stats and a bunch more.

This is a far cry from a four hour drive Saturday morning to trade film and then watching it frame by frame over and over to chart information.
We even used Hudl when I was in 9th grade 10 years ago

I tagged varsity games for my local high school one year. I used two big monitors. One for the data and one for the game tape. I found it very slow using the tagging method because it was on the web.

I talked to the HC a few months ago. I mentioned that using the web is too slow and suggested tagging on a PC would be faster. Note that games (or scrimmages) can be uploaded from HUDL via an Excel spreadsheet or downloaded to HUDL via an Excel spreadsheet. The coach agreed. I told him I might write a program for this in the future.

Last edited:
My brother coached varsity basketball here in Omaha at a high school. The school would video tape the game, they'd upload the game to Hudl and Hudl would splice the tape and players and send them back full stats of the game and each player within 24 hours(? I believe). They paid a season fee through Hudl, which wasn't much. Very cool service...

ADVERTISEMENT