ADVERTISEMENT

any golfers out there? thinking of returning to golf - soliciting comments please

madbird

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2004
golf is pretty much all i did till about age 24. got to a 7hcp at about age 13, then down to a 3. played scratch for a season and a half. then, i just stopped playing. for lots of reasons (business, family, etc) i just pretty much hung up my clubs.
if i went out today (40+ yrs later), i'd probably shoot 95 with a bunch of penalty strokes. that's my best guess.

the game has advanced (technologically) in ways that makes a 'senior' player's head (mine) spin.

but i am so psyched right now as i think i'm diving back in. looking at all the incredible club options. i played with '71 Hogan's which were the best club you could buy back then. the next season, here came lynx and then of course ping. the cavity backs obviously increased the size of the sweet-spot for those i competed against with my blade irons, but when i hit it sweet, it was so nice.

and now, TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping, Mizuno (damn the 225's are pretty!), Titleist and on and on . . .

any thoughts from my fellow scrollers? while i appreciate all comments, if you are a low handicapper, that would mean something in the way i received your input.

my initial goal is get back to a 7. that'll make me happy and i'll work on things from there.

also, anyone familiar with courses in Austin, TX? looking right now at a membership that gets me The Hills, Flintrock Falls, (very nice courses) and also access to Yaupon and Live Oak (acceptable and nice courses, just not same caliber as Hills & Flintrock). Curious if any local Austinites have played any of these courses.

is there any game quite like golf?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerPug87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.