ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance?

Bronco187

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2019
This is my first post on this forum so hammer away. I’ve been a subscriber but have never chirped about other posts. There are many longtime posters & no doubt many like me who enjoy the banter & just love to talk & hear about Husker football. I’m the ripe old age of 48 which makes me a ‘tweener’ in a sense. I remember watching Jarvis Redwine running down the sideline & turing around to taunt the Houston Cougars kissing his cleats too watching the sideline game with Joe Pa & Penn St., etc. I know anyone growing up rooting & living for the Big Red knows where I’m coming from. Sorry to make what I’m asking ask take longer than it should but I’m trying too say I love this website & enjoy the hell out of the posts on it. Anyways my question on this forum is does anyone think we get another chance at the Buckeyes depending on how things shakeout with the Wisconsin QB situation & injuries with Penn st? I would prefer to get back to beating teams at their best when it didn’t matter if you had your best or not, we expect too win. Don’t get me wrong there’s Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern I 100% get it. Personally I thought they were forsure improved as a team compared with last year. Score didn’t show it if you didn’t watch & there’s a wide gap between us & Ohio State. Just kinda a hypothetical question for people on the board. Any chance we get another crack at them? I appreciate everyone who reads this post for letting me waste your time! Like I said hammer away for asking a dumb question. GBR

This is my first post on this forum so hammer away. I’ve been a subscriber but have never chirped about other posts. There are many longtime posters & no doubt many like me who enjoy the banter & just love to talk & hear about Husker football. I’m the ripe old age of 48 which makes me a ‘tweener’ in a sense. I remember watching Jarvis Redwine running down the sideline & turing around to taunt the Houston Cougars kissing his cleats too watching the sideline game with Joe Pa & Penn St., etc. I know anyone growing up rooting & living for the Big Red knows where I’m coming from. Sorry to make what I’m asking ask take longer than it should but I’m trying too say I love this website & enjoy the hell out of the posts on it. Anyways my question on this forum is does anyone think we get another chance at the Buckeyes depending on how things shakeout with the Wisconsin QB situation & injuries with Penn st? I would prefer to get back to beating teams at their best when it didn’t matter if you had your best or not, we expect too win. Don’t get me wrong there’s Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern I 100% get it. Personally I thought they were forsure improved as a team compared with last year. Score didn’t show it if you didn’t watch & there’s a wide gap between us & Ohio State. Just kinda a hypothetical question for people on the board. Any chance we get another crack at them? I appreciate everyone who reads this post for letting me waste your time! Like I said hammer away for asking a dumb question. GBR
I think it’s an extreme long shot

Not unless the Nebraska defense improves dramatically in the weeks ahead.

Nebraska really has to go 2-0 the next two weeks, but the West race will likely go the distance.

It's simplest to start eliminating teams one by one and the only teams on the brink of realistic elimination this weekend are the ones already with a loss; so the Huskers, Illini, Gophers, and Aryans are the only West teams in real danger this weekend.

hit the return/enter key a few times during your post.... your post looks like word vomit.

We need to shore up a lot of things. If we can build upon how we played the first 20 or so minutes of the game, sure. If we keep shooting ourselves in the foot from time to time, nope. we will drop a few more games.

I think there is a good (30 %) chance we see them in the CCG. If we do play Wisconsin they will have their 4th string QB. I think we win and that puts us in the drivers seat. I really don’t see anyone else in the West being a threat unless we just absolutely suck. If Wisconsin has to declare a no contest the next 3 weeks they are out. So we could still control our own destiny and I see us potentially going 5-1 to finish so overall 5-2. I think Doing that we win the West.

As crazy as it sounds, we control our own destiny. I’m saying this due to Mertz being out for the next 3 games. If we can win every home game and win 2/3 from Northwestern, Purdue or Iowa on the road that will put us at 6-2 and we will get in.
For that to happen we do need to improve and stay healthy every single week.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
I think there's a chance. I think the Big 10 in general is down quite a bit from last year. It's a good time to take advantage, it just depends on how much we have improved if that's actually going to happen.

Can our defense suddenly improve to the point that it finishes the season ranked around 30th or better??
Can the offense stop making nonstop mistakes and killing themselves with penalties and turnovers??
Can Nebraska field a wide receiver that can make a positive impact on the game outside of Wandale??

If the answer to any of those is “probably not”, then don’t expect a rematch.

I hope no team from the west is eligible to play in the CCG. Would also love to see OSU shut out of the CFP because of that. Eff the worst conference in sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT