Any BOLD Offensive or Defensive Predictions?

salsa red

Walk On
Dec 25, 2019
I predict that the team with the most points will win......... I think offense will have a great year, defense will be average which will be an improvement because it can't get much worse.

Bold prediction.... We will be in the hunt for the west until the final week. We beat Wisconsin and Iowa

BleedRed78

Walk On
Oct 22, 2019
My bold prediction for offense is that we finish in the top 5 rushing offenses in the country (adjusted for the difference in number of games).

As for defense (reflecting offense as well) is that we finally produce the amount of turnovers that we are needing for our defense to work better. We finish positive in the turnover/takeaway column.

I think it's all just enough to finish at .500 or sightly better. Not bad considering drawing the difficult schedule that we face.

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
I'm going to make a bold prediction that the Husker offense finishes this year Top 20 overall, with our rushing attack being closer to the Top 10 range.

Your turn.
I like our offense this year, but hard to see that kind of ranking. We are going to play some salty defenses.

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
I'm going to make a bold prediction that the Husker offense finishes this year Top 20 overall, with our rushing attack being closer to the Top 10 range.

Your turn.
agreed, I think our offense will be ranked inside the Top 25 again like the 2018 season and it will definitely be lead by our rushing attack and Wan’Dale Robinson at WR.

I won’t touch our defense. But I will say this, I expect to see our defense take another step forward and improve even more from the year before. My lone defensive predictions, Ty Robinson and Nick Henrichs will both have break out years....that’s all I have there.

Reactions: Sinomatic

Adjil

Walk On
Sep 29, 2020
Nebraska goes 4-4 which is actually really good given your schedule and the fact you are still putting talent in place. Wins against Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois.
Losses against Wisky, tOSU, PSU, and Iowa.

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Nebraska goes 4-4 which is actually really good given your schedule and the fact you are still putting talent in place. Wins against Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois.
Losses against Wisky, tOSU, PSU, and Iowa.
That is basically how I see it. We will be underdogs against OSU, PSU and Wisconsin and favorites against Illinois, Purdue and NW. We will probably be slight underdogs against both Iowa and Minnesota, but I see those games as tossups.

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Minny is vastly overrated.
I think so too. I thought they would fall hard this year, before PJ lured Bateman back. I still think they take a big step back, but that offense will still be solid with him back in the fold.

Reactions: huskerssalts

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
I will say Wisconsin is overrated. They lost a lot of talent from last year‘s team. They will be good but not great this year and will not be the BIG-10 West winner.
agreed, they have to replace a QB, RB, top WR/s and 3-4 starting Olinemen? The offense won’t be anything like last year or the year before. And because of all this, I’m glad our Huskers catch Wisconsin game 2 of the season....

Last edited:

huskerwa

Walk On
Jan 11, 2006
Aside from the offense and defense, has anyone heard who are the punt and kickoff returners? Please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere.

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Aside from the offense and defense, has anyone heard who are the punt and kickoff returners? Please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere.
Good question. I would love to see some of the young guys like Flemming and Brown get a chance to make an impact in the return game.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

The_Man_Behind_The_Man

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 28, 2016
I have been saying this for 10 years...I have been wrong for 10 straight years.
You do realize this is the 10th year we will be playing them in the BIG-10? I wouldn’t write the season off just yet. I’m watching the Badgers against Illinois now and I like how the Illinois QB is running wild against their Defense. The Wisconsin QB, looks really good for a Freshman but let’s not confuse him with Russell Wilson. The Wisconsin RBs look mortal. I’m looking forward to next week‘s game against Wisconsin.