ADVERTISEMENT

Another visitor…

Have to snicker a little because some on this board thought it was a very serious thing that Nebraska hasn't been to this high school in a long while...now they have a prospect and we're probably going to snag him anyway. Haha. Guess it wasn't really that big of a deal after all.

Reactions: dand84
Rhule seems to be bringing in a ton of receivers....would like to see more OL, DL, and LB
from what I heard our main problem (outside of swiching oline coaches, frost having them dance/pass block, among others) is that most of the oline players on the depth chart were young...
so there maybe a upswing with more experience coming...

because in recruiting you have to look 3 to 4 years down the road to stock up..
I might be wrong but thats kinda what I been getting...
now maybe the reciver thing is a 3 to 4 year thing too?

just as far as traditional recruiting/developeing...
not nil/tranfer which is more quick help.

Reactions: king_kong_

Interesting. If his offer list is legit, he's basically been offered by every single powerhouse program in the country (Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, LSU). Yet he's only rated the #41 player in the state of Georgia? And the #426 rated player nationally? Something doesn't add up.

Our Top 3 WRs this past season were pretty damned good
Agreed, but that position group has been slightly altered since the season and could be in some flux.

Don’t mind them recruiting more, especially since we had one decommit, one go pro, at least one in the transfer portal, and one commit going to spend the weekend with Deion Sanders.

I think we can afford to try and get a kid from down the road flipped here

Agreed, but that position group has been slightly altered since the season and could be in some flux.

Don’t mind them recruiting more, especially since we had one decommit, one go pro, at least one in the transfer portal, and one commit going to spend the weekend with Deion Sanders.

I think we can afford to try and get a kid from down the road flipped here
Rhule’s past suggests if a kid doesn’t climb the depth chart he might end up a corner.

Rhule’s past suggests if a kid doesn’t climb the depth chart he might end up a corner.
Don’t really hate that either. I’m a fan of getting as my athletes and potential NFL bodies as possible, stick them in the blender and see what happens. I’m still on the “Coleman should be a DE in college train.”

Get elite athletes on campus and figure it out later!

We are in the door for quite a few OL guys I think at least 3? DL not sure about. But I think we have decent depth at that position I think a lot of guys are actually going to get developed for the first time.
What I saw earlier was "zero" DL. That is concerning. We have 5 coming back. 5!

we have said that every year since Riley and every year we don’t have 3 solid options for a QB to throw to.

That's because most of our WRs seemed to transfer out after a year or two under Frost and Riley. Off the top of my head I can think of about a dozen:

-Wandale
-Keyshawn Jr
-Tyjon Lindsey
-Jaevon McQuitty
-Zavier Betts
-Will Nixon
-Jamie Nance
-Marcus Fleming
-Demariyon Huston
-Latrell Neville
-Darien Chase
-Jaron Woodyard
-Justin McGriff
-Miles Jones

Like seriously, who is the last WR who came in as a freshman here that didn't transfer? Stanley Morgan?

One committed from Texas. JUCO DE committed from CA. Still beating the bushes for guys in the portal and no doubt there’ll be more enter there.
is the juco DE going to be an OLB? I thought I saw a chart earlier that had no incoming DL at this point.

DE:
1. Garrett Nelson (Senior) (.8659 3*) (Multi-year starter)
2. Ochaun Mathis (Senior) (.8635 3* / .9400 4*) (Multi-year starter)
3. Jimari Butler (Sophomore) (.8621 3*)
4. Blaise Gunnerson (Sophomore) (.8801 3*)
5. Jake Appleget (RS Freshman) (.8641 3*)
6. Maverick Noonan (Freshman) (.8769 3*)

DT:
1. Stephon Wynn (Senior) (.9624 4* / .8700 3*)
2. Colton Feist (Senior) (Unrated) (One year starter)
2. Ty Robinson (Junior) (.9284 4*) (Multi-year starter)
3. Mosai Newsome (Junior) (.8681 3*)
4. Nash Hutmacher (Sophomore) (.8722 3*) (One year starter)
5. Ru'Quan Buckley (Sophomore) (.8781 3*)
6. Marquis Black (Sophomore) (.8614 3*)

is the juco DE going to be an OLB? I thought I saw a chart earlier that had no incoming DL at this point.

DE:

DT:
Mathis is done, and Buckley I believe went into the portal..

Reactions: cavalot

DE:

DT:
The commit from Texas is a DT. The JUCO kid is I think is 260 already. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t end up as a DE once he gets in our weight room. We are also bringing in multiple kids who are listed as edge guys now but I suspect a couple will grow in to DEs. Get the athletes then see how they grow up. I was very surprised to see Feist get as big as he did and for a walk on he turned out pretty well as a DE/DT.

That's because most of our WRs seemed to transfer out after a year or two under Frost and Riley. Off the top of my head I can think of about a dozen:

-Wandale
-Keyshawn Jr
-Tyjon Lindsey
-Jaevon McQuitty
-Zavier Betts
-Will Nixon
-Jamie Nance
-Marcus Fleming
-Demariyon Huston
-Latrell Neville
-Darien Chase
-Jaron Woodyard
-Justin McGriff
-Miles Jones

Like seriously, who is the last WR who came in as a freshman here that didn't transfer? Stanley Morgan?
How many of those names have been heard of anywhere else? Keyshawn Jr was too busy getting high. Marcus Fleming is in the portal again. Wan’dale was so so at Kentucky. I don’t think any of the others even played much at other schools, if at all. And you forgot JD Spielman. And he did nothing at TCU.

• Wow
Reactions: ssmill777
How many of those names have been heard of anywhere else? Keyshawn Jr was too busy getting high. Marcus Fleming is in the portal again. Wan’dale was so so at Kentucky. I don’t think any of the others even played much at other schools, if at all. And you forgot JD Spielman. And he did nothing at TCU.
Wandale was so-so at UK? HAHA!

DE:

DT:
What happened to drew? Was he one and done?

yup it's a benefit of getting 6'0 + fast guys CBs that are like this are hard to beat. So even if they can't catch they can still help the team.

So he goes from QB, to WR and DB when things don't work out?

The JC kid from Cali is tall but I have seen 215-220 for his weight. He is an edge guy.

So he goes from QB, to WR and DB when things don't work out?

The JC kid from Cali is tall but I have seen 215-220 for his weight. He is an edge guy.
If he is a bust, we will have just swapped his scholarship with Conn's, the Offensive Linemen who entered the portal, was on scholarship for 3 years, and never appeared in a game.

Yikes. What a bad decision by Spielman heading to TCU. Here's his catch total.

'17. 55
'18. 66
'19. 49
'20. 5
'21. 8

These kids need to learn the grass isn't always greener.

Reactions: JDCasson02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT