ADVERTISEMENT

Another prediction for rest of season thread!

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Glad we got the win yesterday. We were clearly the better team and should have won by more. Kudos to the defense and to EJ who really energized the running game.

But this is a bad Purdue team and we should have won going away from the get go. And our field goal kicking is the worst I have ever seen. And our defense, though it played well against an awful offense yesterday, still allows too many long drives that eat clock and keep the ball away from our offense. Our blitzes were also predictable and ineffective.

So what will the rest of our season look like? I see us finishing 4-8 at best with our only possible win being UCLA. Every other team on our remaining schedule looks to be a better overall team than we are.

We have a very mediocre offensive line and a horrible kicking game. We have coaches who can’t identify the proper running back to play.

Going to be another disappointing year I fear. I hate this. Hate hate hate. I sure hope I am wrong. Maybe some of you can convince me otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: RBigredMax
I see about another 4 wins, (Rutgers, UCLA, Wisky, & Iowa) and that is probably being a little bit generous, but we have a chance against Indiana as well, so I figure 4 out of those 5 games are likely doable. Ohio State & USC are loses.

This would put us at 8-4

That wouldn't be too bad of an outcome for a second year coach with a freshman QB.

I am probably being too optimistic with the state of our kicking game.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Glad we got the win yesterday. We were clearly the better team and should have won by more. Kudos to the defense and to EJ who really energized the running game.

But this is a bad Purdue team and we should have won going away from the get go. And our field goal kicking is the worst I have ever seen. And our defense, though it played well against an awful offense yesterday, still allows too many long drives that eat clock and keep the ball away from our offense. Our blitzes were also predictable and ineffective.

So what will the rest of our season look like? I see us finishing 4-8 at best with our only possible win being UCLA. Every other team on our remaining schedule looks to be a better overall team than we are.

We have a very mediocre offensive line and a horrible kicking game. We have coaches who can’t identify the proper running back to play.

Going to be another disappointing year I fear. I hate this. Hate hate hate. I sure hope I am wrong. Maybe some of you can convince me otherwise
You genuinely think we won’t win another game??? 3:34 am and you made the most ridiculous post of day.

I would! Ha. You are on to me...
But I guess you are saying I am looking for the dark lining and missing the positive. Fair enough. We will see. I am not optimistic.

Year 2 under Rhule.

I'm definitely seeing progress, and we have an all-timer as our trigger man at QB.

Last week's loss to Illinois sucked. Big time. A game we really shouldn't have lost.

And yes, at halftime of yesterday's game I had the same thoughts as everybody. "Oh shit, here we go again.".

Turns out Illinois is pretty damn good as they gave a likely playoff team in Penn State a helluva game in their own stadium. Outside of Ohio State, every team in this league looks beatable. Even by us.

"Day by day...."

How many sacks would we have had to have to be “effective”? The D got 5 sacks yesterday?

I'd guess somewhere between OP's not winning another game and some of the 8-9 win guys on here. I didn't see a lot yesterday to be optimistic about. At all. Best case scenario, 5 games left are toss ups with 2 sure losses. Should get us to 6-6 which is fine, I guess. But, yeah...

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Pennsy FWIW Vegas’s has Nebraska -6.5 favorite next week against Rutgers so they think Nebraska going to be 5-1 after week..

It wasn’t pretty yesterday but I liked what we seen from the defense which wasn’t there the past two weeks..

One game at time babay!

Pennsy FWIW Vegas’s has Nebraska -6.5 favorite next week against Rutgers so they think Nebraska going to be 5-1 after week..

It wasn’t pretty yesterday but I liked what we seen from the defense which wasn’t there the past two weeks..

One game at time babay!
I agree that it is one game at a time. I think next week is huge! Rutgers is the real deal and they have an excellent running game. If our defense can shut them down or slow them down significantly then I will revise my prediction upwards. it we can beat Rutgers and go 5-1 that will be a huge positive sign.

You genuinely think we won’t win another game??? 3:34 am and you made the most ridiculous post of day.
I predicted we will probably beat UCLA. But I do not think my post is ridiculous. Every team on our schedule other than UCLA is playing better football than we are right now. That is how I see it. And in close games our total inability to kick a field goal is going to cost us big time. But I actually hope you are right. I hope that my post proves in the end to be ridiculous. Nothing would make me happier. And yeah, I got up super early today. Packing for a trip...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT