ADVERTISEMENT

Another Possibility

jonesy5960

Walk On
Sep 6, 2012
Yeah yeah I know. Frost sucks and the team can't/won't win more than 3 or 4 games this year. Fire him now or worst case at the end of the year and start the search for a quality replacement.

Just for yucks, what if the team rallies around their coach and goes on to win 6 games and get a bowl invite. Is that enough to warrant another season or no? What's the magic number to keep him on board?

Yeah yeah I know. Frost sucks and the team can't/won't win more than 3 or 4 games this year. Fire him now or worst case at the end of the year and start the search for a quality replacement.

Just for yucks, what if the team rallies around their coach and goes on to win 6 games and get a bowl invite. Is that enough to warrant another season or no? What's the magic number to keep him on board?
6 wins and a bowl invite might just save him. If it reaches that status, we’ll see what happens.

It's all about optics at this point... 6&6 doesn't mean much if it's in terrible fashion... We we're told to expect marked improvement that we'll see on the field... instead it was just rinse/wash/repeat what we've seen over and over again... the only way he stays is "IF" they rally and they show that marked improvement against quality teams such as OU/OSU/MI doesn't make a bit of difference winning against Fordham/Buffalo/Purdue

It's all about optics at this point... 6&6 doesn't mean much if it's in terrible fashion... We we're told to expect marked improvement that we'll see on the field... instead it was just rinse/wash/repeat what we've seen over and over again... the only way he stays is "IF" they rally and they show that marked improvement against quality teams such as OU/OSU/MI doesn't make a bit of difference winning against Fordham/Buffalo/Purdue
They can't win 6 without beating at least 1 or 2 high quality opponents. They won't beat OU or OSU but everyone else is not out of the range of possibilities.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Koolaid - IF he wins the next 2 decisively and keeps us in the game for awhile against OU and then we are somewhat competitive in the B1G and we get to 6-7 wins, he stays.

Reality - Poor showing even in wins against Fordham and Buffalo, Blowout against OU, can him at the airport.

Personally, I don't think there will be an in between anymore.

May depend what the losses look like. Are we staying close in games?
Any blowouts?
Are we losing close ones because of the same mental errors?
7 wins, I’ll give him his 5th year.

However improbable more W’s this season are, I was actually done with the CTB safety. It told me everything not as an isolated error, but the culmination of a $5 million per year pattern.
I’m extremely sad Frost couldn’t be the guy. I wanted it bad.
But sober thoughts prevail, and you realize the awful option of starting over is really the only option.

A bowl game could save his job prolly.

Reactions: BK Jay
Probably helps him out a ton. Assumed wins would be Fordham, Buffalo, Mich St, Northwestern, Michigan, and Purdue. All technically doable and you are bowl eligible before November, a good look. Now lets say you are run off the field in 4 of your last 5 by Minnesota, OSU, Wisconsin and Iowa, not good and would leave a nasty taste in the fans mouth.

With that said, Frost has found a way to play Iowa close every year so he might be able to save face there with a good showing.

The big mystery starts on Sep. 25 with that 5 game stretch, his fate should be determined by November 1.

I am hoping this game is similar to the Oregon game at the beginning of the Chip Kelly era where the team looked absolutely horrible in a loss to Boise St 19-8. I think Blount got into trouble for throwing a punch and it looked like that team was going nowhere....They finished 10-3.

I am not comparing this in terms of first season vs fourth season...but hoping that this can be a team that looks horrible in game 1 and drastically improves as the season goes on.

I am hoping this game is similar to the Oregon game at the beginning of the Chip Kelly era where the team looked absolutely horrible in a loss to Boise St 19-8. I think Blount got into trouble for throwing a punch and it looked like that team was going nowhere....They finished 10-3.

I am not comparing this in terms of first season vs fourth season...but hoping that this can be a team that looks horrible in game 1 and drastically improves as the season goes on.
I think Frost picked up Blount and carried home toward leaving field. It was odd moment

Reactions: dinglefritz

Bowl invite wouldn't mean anything until we check in with our QB to see if he feels like playing in one this season.

Would be nice to make a bowl game at this point…but is it really worth wasting another year under the fraud?

Recruiting is already tanked. Rip the bad aid off. There is no fixing this under a bad Head Coach

Frost won't be fired if we're bowl eligible. That's also why nothing will happen until season over.

Another possibility with the new B10 Covid rules is that we could sneak in a couple wins (or 6) simply due to forfeits via Covid. (I'll start calling them Covins or Coveits).

Long season. First chapter was pretty damn pathetic though.

I'm running outta gas on Frosty, not the players.

Win 6 games, goto bowl game, win bowl game. I'm back in.

I "Wuz" gonna buy a new TV if they won their preseason games (Not Oklahoma)
Don't want to watch them lose in 4K and just saved 1K dollars.

That was the game where Frost, as a young WR coach, had to headlock Blount in the tunnel leaving the field to corral him. The police and other players on the field had been unable to contain him. ESPN caught it all live on the telecast.

Before season: “Big hill ahead, let’s get after it!.”
After Game 1: “We’re not fudging Himalayan mountain climbers! We spent 4 years learning how to crossfit and jog hills in the park. We just fell in a crevasse at 16,000 ft with no ropes, ax, crampons, or down parkas. We have no relevant training for these conditions, and I think the battery is going out on our one and only flashlight, and I left the satellite phone back at basecamp.”

A $5 million dollar coach needs to have his team appropriately developed and prepared for the conditions they’ll face. It’s been amateur hour for 4 years straight.

Last edited:

At this point there is no easy way to six wins. If frost wins six games we will keep him

I don’t see any evidence from last year or after the 1st game this year that tells me 6 wins is even thinkable.
3 wins is my prediction and then we’re watching flight tracker again in a few months IF he even makes it that long.
If they lose either of the next 2 don’t be surprised if we have an interim finish out the year.

If things somehow turn around, they win the games the are favored to and upset Wisconsin or Iowa, I will definitely give Coaches SF, MV, GA, and The Offense the credit they deserve.

That is a pretty tall order given the lack or production the last three years and counting. We’ll see how this season plays out.

Another possibility with the new B10 Covid rules is that we could sneak in a couple wins (or 6) simply due to forfeits via Covid. (I'll start calling them Covins or Coveits).

Oh man wouldn't that almost be fitting

remember when you called me the most insane poster on this board for laying out a legitimate case for a true frosh starting at QB week zero?

now, a scant two weeks later, you're laying out a seemingly serious case for bowl eligibility courtesy of covid forfeits

what a world

remember when you called me the most insane poster on this board for laying out a legitimate case for a true frosh starting at QB week zero?

now, a scant two weeks later, you're laying out a seemingly serious case for bowl eligibility courtesy of covid forfeits

what a world

Your sarcasm meter is broken. One would have thought the (or 6) in parentheses would have given that away..., guess not.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I just did a quick google search. Looks like it is 1 game. Last year they relaxed that to 2 games, but that was because of covid.

I think they have already tried to rally around him. More than a few times.

It depends on a few factors in my opinion.

1-What if Illinois goes 9-3 or 10-2 and wins the west this year? Highly unlikely but stranger things have happened and that loss dont look so bad.

2-If we play close games with Fordham and Buffalo, get blown out by OU, OSU and Wisconsin then lose 3 more by a couple TDs I see him being shown the door.

3-Only way to keep it is be competitive in every game and win at least 6 of them

Seriously, who , other than maybe Fordham and Buffalo can they beat ? Even with Buffalo it will be a toss up.

Oklahoma will be play backup's by the 2nd Qtr. Everyone in the Big , that's on the schedule should beat us now.

Best scenario Adrian takes his "skills" to the CFL. If Spurgeon Wynn could have success in the CFL there has to be hope for AM up there. Meanwhile he gets to at least six wins and lands a stud sophomore portal transfer QB who got beat out by a true freshman at a top 5 program...:eek:

Nebraska would have to win the next 2 games and beat MSU and NW and win another 2 after that with the final 5 of 6 games toughest on the schedule…

Best scenario Adrian takes his "skills" to the CFL. If Spurgeon Wynn could have success in the CFL there has to be hope for AM up there. Meanwhile he gets to at least six wins and lands a stud sophomore portal transfer QB who got beat out by a true freshman at a top 5 program...:eek:
dude, enough.

AM wouldn't be the best QB in the intramural flag football league at NU. he is not going pro in football, ever, anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT