ADVERTISEMENT

Another NW RB in the portal

Why would a 2-star with marginal stats transfer out from Northwestern? He isnt going pro, so why not get the degree?
A NW degree is definitely worth a lot of money. But as far as marginal stats, he was their leading rusher.

Reactions: c3o
And nowhere near being an NFL talent. Stick around for one more year and get a degree that is something worth bragging about for the rest of your life.
Neither is Mills. Ziggy didn’t get drafted. Mills won’t. Leaving college for a chance at free agency.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Definitely something going on at NW
Definitely. Hankwitz retired. But more than that, the AD (considered one of the best in the business) was just named commissioner of the ACC. That will mean some wholesale changes in top administrative staff and perhaps in overall program philosophy. Does it mean that Fitz is on his way out? I guess we'll see.

A NW degree is definitely worth a lot of money. But as far as marginal stats, he was their leading rusher.
Marginal stats nonetheless. He was one of four rb’s who rushed for over 200 yards but less than 300. You won’t find a team with more of a run by committee approach. Anderson had decent games against MD and NU. He had less than 100 yards in all other games combined. Their true FR Hull had passed him by, they also have a 4* coming in next year.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Marginal stats nonetheless. He was one of four rb’s who rushed for over 200 yards but less than 300. You won’t find a team with more of a run by committee approach. Anderson had decent games against MD and NU. He had less than 100 yards in all other games combined. Their true FR Hull had passed him by, they also have a 4* coming in next year.
A marginal RB would be an improvement over several of ours.

• Wow
Reactions: TFrazier
Not the Bears. That leaves a bunch of crappy teams. I don’t think he leaves for one of those.
Yeah, a month ago I think everyone thought it would be the Bears. But all of sudden they have caught fire and I saw last night they are probably keeping their current staff. That leaves Fitz out of the only NFL job I thought he might take.

So 4 offensive and 3 defensive NW players have entered the portal so far. By all accounts Fitz is a player’s coach so this comes down to two possibilities IMO, grades or Fitz not being the head coach next fall. Does Fitz have desire to be the AD? He stated he loves the school, loves the city so transitioning to the AD keeps all those pieces in place. A few days ago when asked by Dave Revsin(sp) of BTN about rumors of the NFL/being NW HC, he made no effort to state he will be HC this fall.

A marginal RB would be an improvement over several of ours.
Beav, what the Hell are you doing on the Internet? With the raging crime wave in Evanston driving players away from Northwestern, shouldn't you be taking cover?

Last edited:
Yeah, a month ago I think everyone thought it would be the Bears. But all of sudden they have caught fire and I saw last night they are probably keeping their current staff. That leaves Fitz out of the only NFL job I thought he might take.
Oh don't be so sure. They'll get wrecked by the Packers next week and it will bounce them from the playoffs if the Cardinals win.

The NW player exodus suggests to me that Fitz to the Bears is already a done deal. He's the kind of guy who would tell his players, he's a "I wanted you to hear it from me first" type of dude.

You have to remember the Bears were on a 6 game losing streak when all this smoke started building.

Reactions: nwualum
The NW player exodus suggests to me that Fitz to the Bears is already a done deal. He's the kind of guy who would tell his players, he's a "I wanted you to hear it from me first" type of dude.

One of the players would surely talk

Oh don't be so sure. They'll get wrecked by the Packers next week and it will bounce them from the playoffs if the Cardinals win.

You have to remember the Bears were on a 6 game losing streak when all this smoke started building.
I’m not sure a bunch of college kids would be able to keep something like that quiet.

Reactions: TFrazier
Perhaps they're talking with their feet.

Maybe they are trying to jump off the ship? Still early to see if they will be successful in finding another school.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT