ADVERTISEMENT

another new defensive commit.

Mr. Football in his division. Averaged 17 yards PER CARRY. I think they said he had 8 punt/kick returns for TDs. Explosive athlete but didn't play in the largest division. I seem to remember Ameer being a 5.5 3 star that only had major offers as a CB.
I would love for him to be another Ameer.

Frost has not really developed anyone on offense since he’s been here. His best players were Riley players. Plus, it seems we won’t get a four star anytime soon.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I would love for him to be another Ameer.

Frost has not really developed anyone on offense since he’s been here. His best players were Riley players. Plus, it seems we won’t get a four star anytime soon.
Wandale was a Frost recruit even though he's gone. Vokolek was a guy who transferred to play for Frost. Jurgens will be playing on Sundays. Frost developed Devine. He wasn't doing sh## for Riley. Frost's first normal full class were just sophomores this past season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He must not be any good.
He may very well turn out to be great .. but we are the only power 5 school from which he has a commitable offer thus far … in the past other power 5 schools have followed us with offers so maybe his recruitment will pick up

we are currently in reach mode

He may very well turn out to be great .. but we are the only power 5 school from which he has a commitable offer thus far … in the past other power 5 schools have followed us with offers so maybe his recruitment will pick up

we are currently in reach mode
We have a "desperate" need for a punt returner. I like the offer for a special returner. I don't care if he ever plays a snap at CB. We need a guy with his ability to catch and house punts.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
We have a "desperate" need for a punt returner. I like the offer for a special returner. I don't care if he ever plays a snap at CB. We need a guy with his ability to catch and house punts.
5th recruiting class and we don’t have any DBs/WRs/RBs currently on the roster that can return a punt such that we are now “desperate”?? This staff has been so out of its league it’s unbelievable.

5th recruiting class and we don’t have any DBs/WRs/RBs currently on the roster that can return a punt such that we are now “desperate”??
Kids with great hands in college usually aren't playing DB. It isn't just a matter of returning the punt. They first have to catch the ball and then make the first guy miss. Those two things require some skills that playing DB don't necessarily require. I think we've been pretty good at identifying and acquiring CBs. I'm not understanding the questioning of this offer. Not all of our DBs need to be 6-2 and 200lbs.

Kids with great hands in college usually aren't playing DB. It isn't just a matter of returning the punt. They first have to catch the ball and then make the first guy miss. Those two things require some skills that playing DB don't necessarily require. I think we've been pretty good at identifying and acquiring CBs. I'm not understanding the questioning of this offer. Not all of our DBs need to be 6-2 and 200lbs.
Well, there has been a well publicized move to get taller and longer DBs, the term "length" is used all the time.

We have picked up two DBs in recent years who were highly rated out of HS who haven't seen the field. Could it be the schools they left knew more than Nebraska?

I am not convinced we have been as good at developing secondary as some believe. We had some kids who have been here for like 10 years and are now eligible for social security.

Well, there has been a well publicized move to get taller and longer DBs, the term "length" is used all the time.

We have picked up two DBs in recent years who were highly rated out of HS who haven't seen the field. Could it be the schools they left knew more than Nebraska?

I am not convinced we have been as good at developing secondary as some believe. We had some kids who have been here for like 10 years and are now eligible for social security.
The kid from OSU was 2nd on the depth chart behind a senior and he played a fair amount. I'm not sure who the other DB you're referencing is.

Three years in the weight room and he should be ready to go. Dr. Tate Wildeman will show the way.

ADVERTISEMENT