ADVERTISEMENT

Another Juco Commit

Frost getting Juco transfers with talent at key spots. Yet another reason Riley/Eichorst had to go.
Exactly. Don't tell me how talent-deprived the team is and then not go out and turn over the talent as quickly as possible. I don't wanna hear that somebody needs more time when they don't show any urgency with the time they have.

giphy.gif

He's a 2 for 2 in 2019. Big guy, too. They're saying he could project to Center or Guard, but he may be used at Tackle, where is what he does now at his community college.

He's rated as a high 3 star on 247 and a solid 4 star on this service, and I watched his highlights. He mauls defenders. It'll be nice watching him do that to Big Ten rivals in 2019. :)

He's a 2 for 2 in 2019. Big guy, too. They're saying he could project to Center or Guard, but he may be used at Tackle, where is what he does now at his community college.

He's rated as a high 3 star on 247 and a solid 4 star on this service, and I watched his highlights. He mauls defenders. It'll be nice watching him do that to Big Ten rivals in 2019. :)

Oh yeah, that's EXACTLY what we want and need. Big, vicious linemen......bring them in!!

Reactions: 50Front
This guy is a 2 for 2, player as a true freshman, redshirted last year and will play in AZ this year. Won’t play at Nebraska until 2019.

Just to clear things up.

Huge get! He was one of my top wants. Anyone know why he RS last season?

I bet he plays Center or Guard at Nebraska
http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_bdc130eb-0bed-555e-96fb-830c8befc601.html
How confident? The Arizona Western Community College head football coach thinks Desmond Bland has the makings of an NFL player.

"I would assume he's probably one of the better juco linemen in the country," Minnick said. "He's a competitor. He's only 6-3, but he's so explosive, he can move, bend his hips, he can run."He's probably an NFL center."Bland is ranked the No. 2 junior college guard in the country by 247Sports, and the 41st top juco prospect overall. He is rated four stars by Rivals, and is the sixth known recruit in the 2019 class.

Very Impressive film. Looks Dominant.

...And any kid that can inspire someone erecting a billboard that soars at least 1,100 feet into the air, let alone inspiring multiple erections from the Husker masses...has got to be something special..

Read that we may take about 6 or 7 jucos this year.
Makes sense. The new staff by all accounts believes there needs to be a major upgrade in talent and is behind with the 2019 HS recruits. And I don't think they want to do as many quick evals as they had to do with the 2018 class.

Reactions: jeans15
Huge get! He was one of my top wants. Anyone know why he RS last season?

Just a guess, but probably to focus on academics. He was a non qualifier out of HS. This meant he was unable to transfer out to the D1 level without an Associate's Degree in hand. I'm betting he was behind schedule and added the redshirt year so he could be immediately eligible upon transferring. He's graduating in December. He basically needed 2.5 years to graduate instead of 2.

Read that we may take about 6 or 7 jucos this year.

Frost getting Juco transfers with talent at key spots. Yet another reason Riley/Eichorst had to go.

The major difference between Scott and Mike, Scott can’t stand losing. Mike was use to it and it really didn’t bother him to go 5-7. 5-7 would drive Frost crazy. Coaches like Mike are great for 5 year old Pop- Warner. Not major revenue sports

Makes sense. The new staff by all accounts believes there needs to be a major upgrade in talent and is behind with the 2019 HS recruits. And I don't think they want to do as many quick evals as they had to do with the 2018 class.

I'd take a physically developed, dominant Juco over a HS kid any day if said HS kid didn't "project" the way Duval/Frost and co would like. wgas.

Not next man up, BEST man up.

GBR

Reactions: Dean Pope
Looks like Frost is taking the Bill Snyder approach to recruiting. Might be a smart move....has to improve the talent level quickly.

Yep. Should have been the plan around 2001.

While we had a big name still. More you win the more high profile high school kids you can then recruit.

Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT