ADVERTISEMENT

Another CFB Playoff?

the breakaway is probably closer than everyone thinks

In that scenario we would have matchups of # 13 through # 24 ranked teams.

Utah v KU, Clem v. USC, Tenn v. Iowa, OU vs AUB, KSU v. A&M, Okie St v. Miami (Fla).

Utah visiting Lawrence, Tenn visiting Iowa City, and A & M visiting Manhatten in early Dec would be fun to see.

Maybe get rid of 6 shit bowl games, have a few teams that are 5-7 eligible for a bowl. yuck.

Last edited:
In that scenario we would have matchups of # 13 through # 24 ranked teams.

Utah v KU, Clem v. USC, Tenn v. Iowa, OU vs AUB, KSU v. A&M, Okie St v. Miami (Fla).

Utah visiting Lawrence, Tenn visiting Iowa City, and A & M visiting Manhatten in early Dec would be fun to see.

Maybe get rid of 6 shit bowl games, have a few teams that are 5-7 eligible for a bowl. yuck.
I think this would be specific to G5 conferences

but this would be great to see, too

Would be G5 only.

I think this could potentially be an epic example of "things coming full circle".

We have the 12 team playoff, which is essentially 11 bowl games.

Add another 11 bowls for G5 at most. I HIGHLY doubt they go more than 12 teams, I bet they go less in fact. But say they go 12 teams, that's 11 more bowl games.

You end up with 22 bowl games, which is a good number instead of the stupid 40 we have now. People have been clamoring for less bowl games.

So you get 22 meaningful bowl games. Please let the conferences expand so we get regional divisions and it's basically the 70s and 80s again!!!!!!!

Reactions: king_kong_
Would be G5 only.

I think this could potentially be an epic example of "things coming full circle".

Add another 11 bowls for G5 at most. I HIGHLY doubt they go more than 12 teams, I bet they go less in fact. But say they go 12 teams, that's 11 more bowl games.

You end up with 22 bowl games, which is a good number instead of the stupid 40 we have now. People have been clamoring for less bowl games.

So you get 22 meaningful bowl games. Please let the conferences expand so we get regional divisions and it's basically the 70s and 80s again!!!!!!!
Are you saying that a top 25 SEC or B1G team who doesn't make the playoffs doesn't play in a bowl?

Are you saying that a top 25 SEC or B1G team who doesn't make the playoffs doesn't play in a bowl?
Yes. That would be my hope.

You are likely right that it won't happen that way. A guy can dream.

I think after a few years it'll get to the point where those other bowls go away because for some reason football players don't like actually playing football anymore.

I also ALREADY heard on the big ten network yesterday they are talking about expanding the playoffs, which everyone knew would happen but some people lied and pretended it wouldn't.

In 30 years we'll be saying the playoff is too watered down.

Would be G5 only.

Why less bowl games? If you like college football, more is better especially when a long offseason is looming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT