ADVERTISEMENT

Another B1G Head Coach in Hot Water?

Unreal that coaches think this type of behavior is acceptable. I'm honestly shocked that one of these players hasn't lost it and completely beat the crap out of one of these coaches. Or worse yet, brought a gun and shoot them.

Multiple sources said that after McNair finished his 10th sprint while two other players held him up, Robinson yelled, "Drag his ass across the field!"

Then the kid died.

I can't even imagine what his parents are going through. If this happened to my daughter I don't even know if I'd have the strength to stay away from prison.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Multiple sources said that after McNair finished his 10th sprint while two other players held him up, Robinson yelled, "Drag his ass across the field!"

Then the kid died.

I can't even imagine what his parents are going through. If this happened to my daughter I don't even know if I'd have the strength to stay away from prison.
I'd own that university if that happened to my kid.

I'd own that university if that happened to my kid.

I wouldn't get the chance, I only have one child so I'm not sure if I'd care what happens if she's gone, I try living for God, but that would be a test I'm not sure I'd pass well

Reactions: k9_r
Durkin will be fired for cause. Public pressure these days will be too intense for him to keep his job - particularly on the East coast. And, his recruiting credibility has just been flushed down the toilet. What parents want to send their kids to play for an abuser? Best to cut ties quickly and move on.

Then the kid died.

It would take a lot of restraint. A lot.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Looks like another black eye for the B1G. So glad our staff's culture is not to swear at players.

I found this interesting, reminded me of Gunny Sgt Hartman making private Pyle eat the donut.

"The belittling, humiliation and embarrassment of players is common. In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

Yeah that guy and his strength coach seem like a-holes for sure. Surprising that they have recruited decently with this HC. Don't the players warn the recruits?

Yeah that guy and his strength coach seem like a-holes for sure. Surprising that they have recruited decently with this HC. Don't the players warn the recruits?
Looks like there will be at least one B1G team looking for a new coach before the season starts for sure.

We came to this conference to not only get away from the Texass conference, but to put ourselves in a better situation both academically and financially and ended up joining the Scandal Conference. The defunct SWC was known as the probation conference and looks like The BIG is now known as the Scandal Conference!

Durkin like his mentor, Urban Meyer, has also been placed on administrative leave.

IDPHzCu.jpg

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Why is this a black eye for the B1G?

Does anyone think less of Northwestern, Nebraska, Minnesota, etc., because of what is going on a Maryland?

I was going to include Iowa in the list but people in general think less of Iowa.

Minnesota had their issues which cost their previous coach a job as well.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Looks like another black eye for the B1G. So glad our staff's culture is not to swear at players.

I found this interesting, reminded me of Gunny Sgt Hartman making private Pyle eat the donut.

"The belittling, humiliation and embarrassment of players is common. In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

That's where my mind went immediately too. But then I've seen FMJ roughly 78,000 times.

Donut.png

ADVERTISEMENT