ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Bunch exploring Transfering options

It did seem the coaches pointed out that his effort and focus would drop when he was the #3 guy...was hoping he would stay because I thought he would appreciate the opportunity and experience and would be a fantastic #3 guy in 2020 when we should really be rolling. It is going to be hard to keep a good backup...let alone a 3rd guy...and he could have won us some big games.

170px-Wakerlink.jpg

Might as well give Kansas a shot. Wouldnt hurt none. I thought he did better than Vedral but with Vedral being Frosts family friend I doubt he doesnt remain the number 2 guy.

You folks who think he's better than Vedral, keep in mind the only playing time Vedral ever received was behind the 3rd team offensive line. And from a depth standpoint, that unit was pretty piss poor once you got past the top 7 to 8 bodies. Bunch primarily played behind the starting offensive line.

Vedral is definitely a better QB and athlete.

However, I'm surprised Bunch is transferring. He had a lot of smaller FBS and FCS offers out of HS and JUCO. But he chose to walk on at Nebraska because his dad was a former Husker walk on, and he's been a lifelong Nebraska fan. I just assumed he wanted to be a Husker more than he wanted to be a starter. Perhaps that has changed now.

More power to him if he can find an FCS landing spot and start right away.

You folks who think he's better than Vedral, keep in mind the only playing time Vedral ever received was behind the 3rd team offensive line. And from a depth standpoint, that unit was pretty piss poor once you got past the top 7 to 8 bodies. Bunch primarily played behind the starting offensive line.

However, I'm surprised Bunch is transferring. He had a lot of smaller FBS and FCS offers out of HS and JUCO. But he chose to walk on at Nebraska because his dad was a former Husker walk on, and he's been a lifelong Nebraska fan. I just assumed he wanted to be a Husker more than he wanted to be a starter. Perhaps that has changed now.

It certainly is the sign of the times " if you do not get what you want just leave"

Bunch’s playing time behind the starting OL was early in the season when they were still struggling. A LOT. They improved a BUNCH after Farmer moved to center.

Isn’t my usage of the word bunch in that sentence both witty and clever? I thought so

Once you get a taste of glory there is no turning back. He’s thirsty for more

Yep. When you have a short, finite window priorities become different.
And in the short window he had, he sucked. He had his opportunity early in the season and he blew it. Don't know how he thinks he's going to get a better opportunity elsewhere because most likely he's not.

Agree, but it's hard to recruit behind 2AM. NFL caliber talent.
And yet places like Georgia and Clemson can recruit 5 star QB's every single year. It's a BS excuse we can't take 2 QB's in one year, especially when the one we have for this year a lot of people think he's better suited for another position.

And in the short window he had, he sucked. He had his opportunity early in the season and he blew it. Don't know how he thinks he's going to get a better opportunity elsewhere because most likely he's not.

Maybe he won't, but he for sure won't be getting it here. As I've said a million times, some people want to actually participate in games, not just be a practice player. Apparently Nebraska is full of guys that are good with being practice players and playing in only blowout situations. This guy isn't one of them. He is looking into options that will afford him the opportunity to play in football games, I hope he finds it.

And yet places like Georgia and Clemson can recruit 5 star QB's every single year. It's a BS excuse we can't take 2 QB's in one year, especially when the one we have for this year a lot of people think he's better suited for another position.

Agree with point 1, disagree with point 2. Who are these "a lot of people"? Certainly not the coaches, or else, they wouldn't have only recruited one dude.

edit - Vedral is a career backup, was going to be a career back up at UCF and will be one here.

Yep. When you have a short, finite window priorities become different.
I think the life lessons being learned here are not helping these kids. If you are a Russell Wilson and asked to ride the pine.. I understand and transferring is the best option. However Bunch is really only going to have a shot a smaller school to play QB. What I believe he should have done is see if there is a way he can get on the field like that QB at Wisconsin did when he switched to receiver and is now playing for the Seahawks. Could he have played another position here and in the big pond so to speak rather than wanting only to play QB and willing to go to a small school to do it

I think the life lessons being learned here are not helping these kids. If you are a Russell Wilson and asked to ride the pine.. I understand and transferring is the best option. However Bunch is really only going to have a shot a smaller school to play QB. What I believe he should have done is see if there is a way he can get on the field like that QB at Wisconsin did when he switched to receiver and is now playing for the Seahawks. Could he have played another position here and in the big pond so to speak rather than wanting only to play QB and willing to go to a small school to do it

You know nothing about him or his work ethic or his background. So in your mind the only people that can transfer are those who have a future in the NFL? The rest should be just stuck? That is stupid. Sorry.

This is a kid playing a game and going to college, the life lessons he learns from the hours of hard work, the discipline to juggle being a college athlete and a full time student, the time management skills that it takes to be both.

The life lesson he is learning is that not every situation and decision you make is the right one. So instead of being miserable in the decision you made, fix it, move on and enjoy your life.

What makes you think he could switch positions and that that position changes is going to bring about more playing time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT